MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

15 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

How can a person even look more disinterested than Wilson does here? It's like if it's not about me then I don't even care-we heard about how he was , now we get to see for ourselves, this is almost as bad as his "no" answer last week

What was really alarming was how Garret Wilson candidly called out Zach recently. I'm glad what I said and it had to be said". Something to that effect. This even coming AFTER Zach supposedly apologized to his teammates. I don't recall ever seeing a band of WR's turn on their QB like this. HE went on to sa, and its been said several times by Moore as well that there's stuff behind the scenes that fans don't know about. Obviously he was referencing Zach's play and attitude. 

Just cuckoo.  I don't see how Zach ever gets back into the graces of the Jets organization or teammates. 

• Upvote 1

The quotes coming out from the players, there's absolutely no denying they love him and know he's the better option. I mean, it's almost insane how much they prefer him:

“I can’t say I expected him to go out and have a 149[.3] passer rating,” Garrett Wilson said, “but I expected him to ball.” 

“All the throws we had to have, he put it right on the money,” Garrett Wilson said, “and even some of the ones that were a little 50-50 he put it where we had a chance, man.” 

“The way he carries himself, the way he is in the huddle, you just kinda have to have … you just believe in him,” Conklin said. 

“I don’t think there was one moment where he was panicked or he was stressed,” veteran receiver Corey Davis said. “He gets guys lined up where they need to be, and he runs a good operation. It’s clean, it’s fast and it’s efficient, so he gives us a lot of confidence.” 

Then just how they interrupted his interview to celebrate. It's his team until proven otherwise, and that includes next season. I know they gave coach-speak about Zach being in their plans, but unless White implodes for the next six straight games, the players will never let Zach see the field. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/23/2022 at 2:08 PM, choon328 said:

I would resist the urge to pile on Zach.  He is clearly not ready.  He needs more time to address his mechanical issue and a kick in the butt to watch more film.  Those issue are on him, but ask yourself, Why did the coaches let him get away with it?  Footwork issues that should have been corrected in any 12 year old.  Not knowing his reads on the field is criminal.  The tape shows open receivers, many times first reads.  If he resists working on and correcting his footwork and his grasp of the game-plan is less than stellar, they should have addressed those problems sooner.

The fact is Zach has the same issues and makes the same mistakes he did in his first start.  Try to remember another quarterback that got away with repeating such basic mistakes for 20 starts.

A little humble pie and a seat should get him to commit to doing a better job.    I wouldn't think of putting him back out there until he has made the commitment and corrected these problems.

https://www.outkick.com/mike-white-wins-over-teammates-coaches-fans-and-jets-starting-job-is-his-to-lose/

MIKE WHITE WINS OVER TEAMMATES, COACHES, FANS AND JETS STARTING JOB IS HIS TO LOSE

What we learned about the New York Jets and their fascinating quarterback situation on Sunday is that Mike White is in charge now and Zach Wilson cannot actually win back his old job.

It sounds harsh and perhaps even difficult to believe with Wilson being last year’s first round draft pick and the anointed face of the franchise. But it’s true.

The New York Jets on offense now belong to Mike White. He’s the quarterback going forward.

And the only way White goes out and Wilson comes back in this season is if White fails. So, no, Wilson cannot win his job back by practicing well and correcting things.

White has to lose it in a game first.

Mike White ‘Did A Great Job’ 

That’s where the Jets find themselves after Sunday’s 31-10 whipping of the Chicago Bears. That game, in which White started for the first time this season, saw the new quarterback throw 3 TD passes en route to a 315-yard passing performance.

“He did a great job,” Jets coach Robert Saleh told reporters afterward. “He didn’t need to be anybody but Mike White. We didn’t need to turn into ‘The Greatest Show on Turf.’ We just wanted him to play within himself and play efficient. I thought he did that.”

Yeah, um, White was better than efficient. 

In the rain, leading an offense that managed no touchdowns and only 103 total yards last week, White completed passes to 10 different receivers. 

He drove the Jets for a score on their first possession to set the tone and didn’t turn the ball over either with an interception or fumble. 

“He made the easy look easy,” Saleh eventually admitted. “I thought he did a really good job of that.”

And that background sound you’re hearing is Wilson sobbing.

(Kidding.)

Jets Job No Longer In Zach Wilson Hands

Wilson lost his starting job because he hasn’t progressed from a rookie year that was unremarkable. His fundamentals have been sloppy. And his ability to win over teammates and get them to play for him, as well as with him, haven’t been great.

Wilson, in other words, has been kind of the same player he was at Brigham Young.

Except Western Kentucky and Texas State aren’t on New York’s schedule and the stuff that was overlooked in college costs dearly in the NFL.

So Wilson’s taking a time out on the bench — until White does something that opens the door to the starting job.

That’s a rough situation for Wilson. But he put himself in this spot. 

And White has earned his.

“He comes in and prepares, goes about his business the right way and goes about his preparation the right way,” said receiver Garrett Wilson, who led the team with 5 receptions for 95 yards and 2 touchdowns.

“You do things like that consistently, you’re going to get it back on the back end. I think we saw that today. That’s a really good talent, really good mindset …”

Sunday dawned with no one really knowing how White would play. He’s a 27-year-old who was a fifth-round pick of the Dallas Cowboys in 2018. And he hadn’t thrown a regular-season pass, much less started a game, until last season when he was 1-2 while Wilson was injured.

Jets Belong To White Until He Shows Otherwise

But by the time Sunday ended the New Yawkas was hollerin “Mike White, Mike White” at MetLife Stadium.

The kid from Pembroke Pines, FL., was suddenly their guy, the Jets his team.

“It is very unique and I’m not going to complain because every time they’re chanting, things are going right for us and we usually end with a win,” White said. “So I don’t want to give them too much grief.”

Unlike Wilson, White showed this game he’s learned from his playing experience of a year ago. 

“Yeah, I think going out there you have the experience to draw on from last year, but every game is its own game and you’ve got to play to such,” White said. “But having the experience of being out there and having the highs, having the lows as well, you can’t just learn from the highs, you’ve got to learn from the lows, and drawing upon that and using that to help you however you can.”

This is some underdog-makes-good stuff for sure. Now ready for a dose of reality?

White starts for sure against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday. But while he’s not expected to deliver 3 TDs without an interception every game, he has to continue playing at a certain plateau to keep the door shut on Wilson.

If that happens consistently, we’ve got an amazing story on our hands. 

Come to think of it, it’s pretty amazing that Zach Wilson’s fate is all in Mike White’s hands now.

But that’s what he earned on Sunday.

• Post of the Week 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The quotes coming out from the players, there's absolutely no denying they love him and know he's the better option. I mean, it's almost insane how much they prefer him:

“I can’t say I expected him to go out and have a 149[.3] passer rating,” Garrett Wilson said, “but I expected him to ball.” 

“All the throws we had to have, he put it right on the money,” Garrett Wilson said, “and even some of the ones that were a little 50-50 he put it where we had a chance, man.” 

“The way he carries himself, the way he is in the huddle, you just kinda have to have … you just believe in him,” Conklin said. 

“I don’t think there was one moment where he was panicked or he was stressed,” veteran receiver Corey Davis said. “He gets guys lined up where they need to be, and he runs a good operation. It’s clean, it’s fast and it’s efficient, so he gives us a lot of confidence.” 

If you read the poster Clayton 163v, he nailed the effect Mike White would have on the entire offense. His poise in the huddle and his play action ability would help open up the offense... Thats exactly what we saw. His post should be reposted. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Thanks for posting those Lith. And about the Buffalo game last year and playing "hero ball" that's exactly what I saw what was happening on the 3 late in the second half INTs, the Jets were down by 21 and 28 I think and, the first thing I think about is the major difference between the 2021 Jets defense and the 22 team, this team probably doesn't let up 4- 5 TDs. It was the same type of situation in his 1st game he came in after Zach got hurt with the Jets in the middle of a romp and scumbag Pats team running up the score when he threw his back too black IN Ts down 3 TDs then the two Bengals INTS were handed right to the opponents gift wrapped by Jets receivers hands into theirs

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Savage killshot on Josh Allen obv 

So which  utter fing brainiac in the NY jets coaching staff or front office decided that Joe Flacco was the best guy to play instead of white?

My massive annoyance at Flacco playing at the time was shuffled off by many on here.  There was less than zero sense to trot out Flacco at the time.

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So which  utter fing brainiac in the NY jets coaching staff or front office decided that Joe Flacco was the best guy to play instead of white?

My massive annoyance at Flacco playing at the time was shuffled off by many on here.  There was less than zero sense to trot out Flacco at the time.

agreed

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do know at least one utter f-ing brainiac fan thought Flacco was the right move.

its-me.gif

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Thanks for posting those Lith. And about the Buffalo game last year and playing "hero ball" that's exactly what I saw what was happening on the 3 late in the second half INTs, the Jets were down by 21 and 28 I think and, the first thing I think about is the major difference between the 2021 Jets defense and the 22 team, this team probably doesn't let up 4- 5 TDs. It was the same type of situation in his 1st game he came in after Zach got hurt with the Jets in the middle of a romp and scumbag Pats team running up the score when he threw his back too black IN Ts down 3 TDs then the two Bengals INTS were handed right to the opponents gift wrapped by Jets receivers hands into theirs

I am not going to discount some of them mistakes he made last year.  But that was last year, and hopefully he las learned from the mistakes he made and is a better player now.  Novel concept.  A young QB getting game experience and actually getting better as he plays.  Real excited by what we saw from him last week -- I think he was better than the CIncy game.  It was not all short stuff as it was against Cincy last year,  He threw downfield more, made some big plays and he did it in a steady rain.  Great performance only one game, but he looked like maybe he can be more than just a game manager.  Can't wait to see what he does this week.

48 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Did mccagnan sign him?

No, Douglas did in September, a few months after his arrival.  

The Cowboys could have kept him on their practice squad but chose to keep Clayton Thorson (2019 5th round pick by the Eagles) instead, and waived White.  Douglas then signed him to the Jets' practice squad shortly thereafter.

Thorson is now with the Houston Gamblers (USFL).  While White is better than Dak Prescott.  Oof Jerry.  Oof.  

• Upvote 1