MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

Just now, JiFields said:

Context matters.  Nobody said Mike White was perfect but you've denied having a clear pro Zach agenda and clearly like him more than the team he plays for.

Just not true...

I've said it over and over again.  Not sure I can say it more clearly.  You're trying to read into something that isn't true.  I'll try again.

Mike White, right now, is the best QB on the roster.  Should be starting the rest of year (regardless of W's and L's) Right now he is a better QB thank Zach Wilson and it's not close.  You continue to say I have a pro Zach agenda even though I continue to say this.  It's very strange.

Mike White had a solid game today, no question, but he made some mistakes and didn't deliver in key situations.  That should hardly be a controversial view.  

Wilson should have been a 5th round project QB who sat for years.

He has never shown once he was worthy of a first round selection. He has been the worst QB in the NFL since he started playing and has shown 0 signs of improvement.

This whole "he could be a top 5 QB" stuff is comical and delusional. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he could be.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

That is basically Wilson's numbers for an entire game for 2 years now. 

Who counts yards, in the redzone?   Doesnt include the rushing TD also.  Never mind the drop and the INT being the last play of the game on 4th down.

So ******* obnoxious, legit punchable level of obnoxious.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

By no means do I think he is unable to improve. Players are always improving. My point is that he is limited.  Put it this way: if someone told me Mike White were to have a 4500 yard, 40 TD season I wouldn’t be shocked. I also wouldn’t be shocked if he were benched the following year. He can only go as far as the offense and scheme allow him to, and if it breaks down even a little bit so will he. I don’t root for that I just know and accept it… if he could be the second coming of Tom Brady by all means I would run with that. I just know he’s not. You cannot teach talent and upside… which is why l still think the best hope for a sustainable winner in New York is by developing Zach into a good QB OR finding a guy in the draft. I don’t think the latter is impossible either… a guy like Hendon Hooker will probably fall due to injury and age, but I think he has the kind of ability to be a star QB in the right system.

Re: teammates loving him. These narratives exist for every team’s backup QBs for those paying attention. It’s the most humble position on the roster. Taylor Heinicke is a perfect example of it… that doesn’t make him a long-term answer to their QB position. Nor did it make Ryan Fitzpatrick the answer for the 18 teams he was on. 

Zach Wilson has been fing terrible for 2 years and has made zero improvements/adjustments in that time span. His ceiling is Sanchez. He is lost the confidence of the fans, his coaches, and his teammates. It's over. 

White is good enough to win some games but he is not good enough to over come shoddy wr and Te play to any great extent and not good enough to win games when the all world defense does not come through.  We only got 2 sacks and no turnovers and had 3 more penalties than the vikes

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

You're literally doing a victory lap, in a Jets loss.  You're a troll at this point, you realize that, right? 

For pointing out negatives in the team's loss?  The team did lose today.  

I don't think it's any surprise why the team lost today.  It was lack of ability to score TD's in the redzone.  I'm not gloating by any means - just pointing to the data of what actually happened.    If you want to blame the entire team except the QB that's fine, that's just not what I saw.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just not true...

I've said it over and over again.  Not sure I can say it more clearly.  You're trying to read into something that isn't true.  I'll try again.

Mike White, right now, is the best QB on the roster.  Should be starting the rest of year (regardless of W's and L's) Right now he is a better QB thank Zach Wilson and it's not close.  You continue to say I have a pro Zach agenda even though I continue to say this.  It's very strange.

Mike White had a solid game today, no question, but he made some mistakes and didn't deliver in key situations.  That should hardly be a controversial view.  

I didnt read this and wont because you've gone full ******* troll.  You just posted selected stats about the redzone that includes yards, who the **** includes yards in the redzone?  Do you realize how dumb that is?   That is ******* moronic.  And your stupid ******* stats didnt include the ******* rushing TD that happened.  You have gone full ******* troll.  Wear it, you pig. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It seems to mean realist to you, that's quite clear.

This is one of the excuses many "Zach Only" fans use, because clearly only the consistently worst QB in the NFL could bring us sustainable winning, right?

You know, when be starts "playing like Mike White" as you say.

Zach will almost assuredly never be a long term successful winner in the NFL on his own skill.  And it has nothing to do with Mike White's junk.

I tend to agree on the GM and HC so far.  But it's entirely fair.  Jobs are about success in those jobs.

Success in the NFL is winning.  If you lose, you get fired.  If you suck, you get cut.  It's entirely fair.  

What is not fair is opportunity.  Zach has already been given more rope than most ever get.  More than his play has earned.  

Pure fantasy,  Zach Wilson is on a Russell Wilson/Josh Rosen track so far.  

He's 100x better than Zach today, so White should play today.  I'm not planning "long term" at current, that's for the off season.

If Zach can't even outplay White, he's certainly not going to bring us long term winning or top-15 quality play.

As opposed to ending like Josh Rosen and the Cardinals?

Again, I'm not arguing for White as #1 next year (yet).  He'd have to earn it.  And he'd have to earn it with someone else on the roster who doesn't suck. As minimum, a Minshew type player. 

Zach?  He gets one more year where he can compete in camp, to see if he's capable of fixing the many flaws in his game, then he's cut loose (because he won't IMO) before 2024, like Sam was before him.

Do you believe in developing talent? Because that seems to be the discord here. I would rather sacrifice a few yards a game and give the talented QB the reps he needs, knowing that the team is beyond capable of winning in spite of it, because like it or not he is the glue that will keep this administration together, which is what I desperately want. I know the coach speak and I know the desire to put the most ready guy in to end the playoff draught, but I’m more concerned with the long-term. Absent Zach turning around or them stumbling into a QB, this admin won’t be here as long as we think it will/should, hence why I want them to make it work with Zach. Not necessarily because I think he’ll surely figure it out, but because him developing into an average QB with his playmaking ability and upside is enough to keep Saleh and Douglas here long-term. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What? I’m a huge Mike White guy. He has to get better, quickly, to remain the starter. 

Thing is Mike White lacks mobility, and doesn't improvise well. Its a huge part of the NFL QB nowadays. But still, he is a throwback QB with good vision who just hasn't played much.  Its amazing to really understand this guy is like a rookie in a lot of ways.  I just don't know how much confidence the Jets will have in him in the long run.  The red zone offense was really off today. He's not the type like a Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray who is a double threat. That's a huge liability.  And LaFleuer and all the drops  did him no favors.  It should be quite interesting next year when our team is healthy - OL Brown, Tom, McGovern, AVT, Becton RB Breece will be back, WR's will be more familiar with White as will the TE's and the defense will just get better as well.  This team has made tremendous strides in right direction.  Beyond my expectations for this year. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

White is good enough to win some games but he is not good enough to over come shoddy wr and Te play to any great extent and not good enough to win games when the all world defense does not come through.  We only got 2 sacks and no turnovers and had 3 more penalties than the vikes

That's why they need to give him Flacco type of money.  Can still keep the team together.  I can't see any team offering him more than that.  Especially if the Jets put a real draft pick tender on him. 

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Zach Wilson has been fing terrible for 2 years and has made zero improvements/adjustments in that time span. His ceiling is Sanchez. He is lost the confidence of the fans, his coaches, and his teammates. It's over. 

Again, takes like these just lead me to believe you have no idea what you’re watching. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

For pointing out negatives in the team's loss?  The team did lose today.  

I don't think it's any surprise why the team lost today.  It was lack of ability to score TD's in the redzone.  I'm not gloating by any means - just pointing to the data of what actually happened.    If you want to blame the entire team except the QB that's fine, that's just not what I saw.

Yeah and you are the same one who defends ZW game after game when he is atrocious and him throwing for 140 yards and doing absolutely nothing is somehow a good game. 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Do you believe in developing talent? Because that seems to be the discord here. I would rather sacrifice a few yards a game and give the talented QB the reps he needs, knowing that the team is beyond capable of winning in spite of it, because like it or not he is the glue that will keep this administration together, which is what I desperately want. I know the coach speak and I know the desire to put the most ready guy in to end the playoff draught, but I’m more concerned with the long-term. Absent Zach turning around or them stumbling into a QB, this admin won’t be here as long as we think it will/should, hence why I want them to make it work with Zach. Not necessarily because I think he’ll surely figure it out, but because him developing into an average QB with his playmaking ability and upside is enough to keep Saleh and Douglas here long-term. 

Are there rumblings that JD + RS get fired if Zack is a bust?

What if we make the playoffs this and next year?

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just not true...

I don't know how much you have to dislike a guy to say this about a QB who drove his team down the field when they had to have it, only to have his receiver drop what should have been the go-ahead TD with a minute left.  Up until that point in the post you seemed sincere and levelheaded.  But then....

6 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Who counts yards, in the redzone?   Doesnt include the rushing TD also.  Never mind the drop and the INT being the last play of the game on 4th down.

So ******* obnoxious, legit punchable level of obnoxious.   

Yeah but those posters really really want White to succeed, lol. 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah, I call massive bull sh*t on that.  JD and Saleh both have earned the right to pick another quarterback if Zach doesn't figure it out over the next two years.  This front office and staff are the real deal. 

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah and you are the same one who defends ZW game after game when he is atrocious and him throwing for 140 yards and doing absolutely nothing is somehow a good game. 

I was very fair with Zach Wilson.  Most weren't.

Zach was winning and I pointed that out.  He was 5-2 as a starter.  One of the losses he threw for 355 yards.  But he wasn't putting up big numbers and the offense never looked smooth with him.  

You guys like stats and not wins - that's fine.  I'm happy for you.  I like to win.

With that said, Mike White is a better QB than Zach Wilson - I have zero doubt about that - it's not close right now.  Mike White should be starting - at least the rest of this season. He's earned that.  

Mike White was not perfect today - and if this is a team that wants to win a Super Bowl - with Mike White as its QB - he's going to need to be better.  

And for saying that I'm being called a troll.  

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t see how Zach’s progress determines their status. They’ve both shown more then enough outside of Zach that they’re the right people. 

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

I disagree. The team is able to compete right now. Management is trying to build  a winning culture via accountability and meritocracy.
If we were the Jaguars, then yes keep playing Zach. But thankfully, we’re not.

Zach will get his chance next year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

If they were to make the playoffs both this year and next year I think they would get a pass if Zach doesn’t improve. But they are well aware that their best shot at being here long-term is by getting the most out of him. They’re bullish he’ll come out of this well but I personally have no idea. 

The plan as I know it is to upgrade Zach to backup before starting him. That may happen this week. Yes, fans, players, media, and hot-take artists won’t be happy when Zach gets the starting job back. It will be noisy and uncomfortable. The Jets know that and Zach knows it. But they also know he can change the narratives inside-and-outside the locker room really quickly by playing well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I disagree. The team is able to compete right now. Management is trying to build  a winning culture via accountability and meritocracy.
If we were the Jaguars, then yes keep playing Zach. But thankfully, we’re not.

Zach will get his chance next year.

This year* from what I understand 

• Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I was very fair with Zach Wilson.  Most weren't.

Zach was winning and I pointed that out.  He was 5-2 as a starter.  One of the losses he threw for 355 yards.  But he wasn't putting up big numbers and the offense never looked smooth with him.  

You guys like stats and not wins - that's fine.  I'm happy for you.  I like to win.

With that said, Mike White is a better QB than Zach Wilson - I have zero doubt about that - it's not close right now.  Mike White should be starting - at least the rest of this season. He's earned that.  

Mike White was not perfect today - and if this is a team that wants to win a Super Bowl - with Mike White as its QB - he's going to need to be better.  

And for saying that I'm being called a troll.  

Now you're being deliberately obtuse. And I'm not one who thinks you're a troll. Jets were winning despite ZW. If you can't see that, then there's nothing I can say to change your mind. 

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

That sounds good but you are over thinking it. 

Development of talent is important but winning is more important. And if you are worried that Mike White will Lull us into mediocrity until all lose their jobs then you underestimate Saleh and JD.

Zach will have a better opportunity to develop as a back up then as a sh*tty starter. Locker room has no faith in him - his opportunity to play again will happen but prob next year. 

in addition, development doesn’t only apply to high draft picks. Mike White is only 27 and he has something that will likely plague Zach no matter how hard he practices…vision - he sees the field much better. If they develop Mike that will also allow everyone to keep their jobs. 

I

10 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah but those posters really really want White to succeed, lol. 

The Zach cult is standing tall right now, gloating, proud the Jets lost, feeling themselves because Braxton Berrios dropped a pass he catches 99 out of 100 times.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

A few yards? LOL. Zach Wilson has averaged 180 yards a game and has thrown 4 TD's in 7 games. Mike White has averaged 340 yards and has thrown 3 TD's in 2 games. What games are you watching? Zach Wilson at his best is a game manager and at his worst is historically bad like we saw at NE. He's the lowest rated starting QB in the NFL 2 years straight. The worst. The coaches and teammates have zero confidence in him to help them win games. Ya know, people who actually know the game of football.