MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

You can mark this down Mike White is going to be a damn good QB in this league and I think he's going to take over this job and never give it up. Its time for us to have one of these success stories and finally we have the team to do it. MW does not have to throw 50 TD's and he does not have to play scared he just has to move this offense like we saw him do when he played before. 

One of the arguments against White is he can't throw deep. Highest completion percentage in college football his senior year on deep routes. Does not have a noodle arm.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I'd agree if Zach's problems were the results facing tough defenses  instead of the inability to run the playbook, see the field, or throw an accurate forward pass. That will be the same no matter who's lining up against him.

Yeah but 

lol

the drive at the end of the bills game, the dart to mims.  

It’s just the battered jets fan syndrome in me.  I guess that’s why they say “not for long “

I just pray that this benching and the fact that he's not even the backup will force that light bulb in his head to turn on.  Nothing is a "gimme" in life. Gotta earn it boy, time to man up , smell the coffee what ever you want to call it but just do it. Wake TF up before it's too late. He's got all the talent , just needs to use it wisely. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I just pray that this benching and the fact that he's not even the backup will force that light bulb in his head to turn on.  Nothing is a "gimme" in life. Gotta earn it boy, time to man up , smell the coffee what ever you want to call it but just do it. Wake TF up before it's too late. He's got all the talent , just needs to use it wisely. 

I think Saleh needs to get Ik on this roster to have a few words with Zach and straighten out his pompous azz. Seems like a fun lovin kid but has ZERO humility.  This benching is dope. Just what the doctor ordered. Next, Saleh should make Zach go pick up all the poop around MetLife and go volunteer at an animal shelter and clean out the cat/dog cages.  Then we can talk about getting back into the QB rotation as a 3rd stringer. HE needs to work his way back up the food chain.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

@T0mShane

@Smashmouth

You guys deserve to celebrate. This has been your guy and this is his moment. Wilson wasn’t close to good enough to keep the job. This is Mike White’s team now. 

Let’s ride 

I hope this is good for all of us . One thing is that Mike White needs to ease into the role and I think he will he's not a gun slinger he's a chain mover that gets the ball to his playmakers. If he plays to his strengths things will open up for him quick enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Congrats Tom. You were right. Luckily it looks like you might be wrong about Saleh, though. 

He wasn't wrong about Zach, but he isn't right about white. White is a back up. He can prove that the next seven games or so, and get himself some beautiful back up money for many years to come.

3 minutes ago, Kalcott said:

Love him or hate him, ZW wasn’t a good game manager right now.  With this Defense all we need is a competent game manager to put some points on the board.

Zach Wilsons biggest flaw was his fear of the pocket he had other flaws, yes, but none bigger than being afraid in the pocket. You can not play the QB position and not be comfortable in the pocket you just can't. If you watch Mike White its one of his strengths he stands tough in the pocket and he gets the ball out fast and accurate. In reality that's the biggest difference between the 2 players and you would think its a small problem easily fixed but you have to be able to play in this league under intense pressure every time you drop back, if you can't then it makes things really hard and I think that's what Zach Struggled with on a large scale

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The more I think about it the more I wonder if they did the right thing at the wrong time.  

Getting Fant back and potentially Herbig and Davis, weak pass defenses coming up. 

kinda sets the stage to get locked into a mid QB at the expense of the bimbo with a golden arm. 

obviously it would be nice if Zach wasn’t a bimbo but there definitely a jetsy possibility here  

With that said let’s go MW !

I honestly think it’s more of an attitude adjustment. Plus as bad as he’s been on the field – why should he be set up for success right now?

I say he made his bed- let him sleep in it.

• Upvote 1