MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Barton said:

It would not suprise me 1 bit if Mike White had a similar or slightly worse game next week, Jets get punched in the mouth by the Bills and lose, and the Jets put Wilson back in the following week vs Lions. Would be a big mistake but wouldnt surprise me at all. 

Stop with this nonsense. They’re not putting Wilson back in unless we totally collapse and go into Miami with 7 or 8 wins.

As long as we’re fighting for a playoff spot, this is MW’s team.

• Upvote 2

the jets are trying to make the playoffs not play nursery school with Zach Wilson. 

Joe Douglas has likely already warranted a new contract even without it and considering ZW as a sunk cost, but there is no dispute that this team's chances to make the playoffs are vastly improved with Mike White under center. It really makes little sense to place an artificial timeline on ZW's return (Detoit) in the middle of playoff hunt Mike White is keeping us competitive in

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

It’s funny how all the same people who crapped on Zach when the stats didn’t favor their perspectives ignored context, but for MW “context” is required. 

Stop being hypocrites and stay consistent.

Much like with Zach, the Jets evaluate performance based on how the QB executes the play. They don’t care about the stats. The coaches are marking the throw down as a negative, just as the should be INT turned catch-and-run TD by Garrett Wilson last week was marked down as a negative. They are more focused on the process than the result. 

I think the coaches are pretty clear on their preference and choice of a starting QB and it's why ZW was in street clothes again. What process? He was given 2 years to show growth and that he had a clue about running this offense. He failed. He was neutered by the OC because he didn't trust him to get the job done. It's over. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Stop with this nonsense. They’re not putting Wilson back in unless we totally collapse and go into Miami with 7 or 8 wins.

As long as we’re fighting for a playoff spot, this is MW’s team.

You should be right. I agree 100% with you. 

But we are talking about the same coaching staff/front office that started Wilson week 1 in 2021 and had Flacco starting games this year over Mike White.

Translation: they dont know what they are doing at the QB position

Think about it, why havent the Jets just flatly said "Mike White is our starter moving forward" ?

They are keeping the door open for Wilson to play again this year, IMO.

The wrong move but what did you expect? These dim wits thought Wilson should have started day 1 as a rookie w/o a vet QB on the roster.

Let’s be honest: if Zach Wilson put up the same performance as Mike White did today, y’all are losing it

That is not saying that I feel Mike White played poorly. He played better than the stats indicate imo; he made the right decisions but simply doesn’t have the kind of skill required to consistently perform as a see-it, throw-it QB when the coverage is tighter. I just get the sense that a lot of you have made up your mind that you hate Zach Wilson for one reason or another, and there’s nothing he can do to change your hatred for him absent winning a Super Bowl. 

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Mark Sanchez 2nd season in the league was leaps and bounds better than Wilson's. It's not even debatable.

Have you been watching the same wilson the rest of the league has?

He is god awful. Statistically or otherwise. He is the worst QB in the NFL and has shown 0 improvement.

Then again, people here get emotionally attached to every young QB we draft and swear they're going to turn it around because of "talent and potential" no matter how poorly they play.

There is nothing to develop with Wilson. He lacks the talents and brains. Being able to sling it with 0 accuracy is not something to hold onto. 

Enough. You tried comparing Mark Sanchez’s skill set to Zach Wilson’s. Their upsides/limitations are vastly different. 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Let’s be honest: if Zach Wilson put up the same performance as Mike White did today, y’all are losing it

That is not saying that I feel Mike White played poorly. He played better than the stats indicate imo; he made the right decisions but simply doesn’t have the kind of skill required to consistently perform as a see-it, throw-it QB when the coverage is tighter. I just get the sense that a lot of you have made up your mind that you hate Zach Wilson for one reason or another, and there’s nothing he can do to change your hatred for him absent winning a Super Bowl. 

He's consistently thrown great balls into tight coverage in every start of his career w/the Jets.

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Stop it. The only reason we aren’t building MW a statue today is because of a couple of dropped passes and bad calls near the goal line. Guy  balled out and has avg over 300 yards in all his starts. He is a very good quarterback that is only going to get better. 

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Think about it, why havent the Jets just flatly said "Mike White is our starter moving forward" ?

They are keeping the door open for Wilson to play again this year, IMO.

The wrong move but what did you expect? These dim wits thought Wilson should have started day 1 as a rookie w/o a vet QB on the roster.

Wilson is going to play again and it may be sooner than fans expect. Don’t shoot the messenger

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I think the coaches are pretty clear on their preference and choice of a starting QB and it's why ZW was in street clothes again. What process? He was given 2 years to show growth and that he had a clue about running this offense. He failed. He was neutered by the OC because he didn't trust him to get the job done. It's over. 

Do you honestly believe they predetermined and told the Football Guy on JN that Zach Wilson is going back vs. Detroit no matter what?  Even if Mike White grew wings and flys the ball to his angel Wr's?   Like really?  Come'on dude, the guy is boner.  lol  Full ******* boner, Mike White had nothing to do with today's loss and objective moron could see that but the coaching staff is putting this on him and leaning back to the worst Qb in the NFL? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, football guy said:

I doubt that's the issue. I WISH Wilson could put up the games Mike White has put up over the last two weeks.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

groundhog day wtf GIF

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Wilson is going to play again and it may be sooner than fans expect. Don’t shoot the messenger

I ain't saying you're wrong since I know you do have your inside sources, but I just can't see it this season at least. Maybe if the Jets completely collapsed or they weren't in the playoff hunt - maybe you'd see Wilson at some point then.

Jets would be playing with fire if they put Wilson in while in the middle of a playoff hunt and he sh*ts the bed. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, football guy said:

Enough. You tried comparing Mark Sanchez’s skill set to Zach Wilson’s. Their upsides/limitations are vastly different. 

It is enough. Enough with the delusions about Wilson. At a certain point you have to stop with the nonsense and look at what's right in front of you.

Wilson was a 5th round QB that got over drafted. It was a huge whiff of a pick.

Wilson's limitations are he cant complete even 5 yards passes. It's like watching Tim Tebow out there.

If the jets go back to Wilson and he continues to be exactly who he is and they miss the playoffs then Douglas and Saleh leash gets much shorter.

He is Josh Rosen. The sooner its accepted the sooner we can move on.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The coaches have had plenty of time to evaluate Zach's performance and the end result is somebody else is the starter and your boy is on the sidelines in street clothes. Why is this so hard for you to understand? 

Because they have proven to be idiots in their QB handling....?

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Mike White looks like he might be a quality NFL starter in this league.  The NFL is all about adjustments and will see how it plays out.  I think it’s to soon to put a low ceiling on Mike White.  

Today on the road White got us in position to win.  We didn’t finish.  I don’t think not finishing had anything to do with his ceiling.  It was a lot of execution including the play calling in the red zone along with a bad penalty on Fant.  

Mike White may have a much higher ceiling than Zach.  Being smart at football and having leadership qualities are part of the package.  

Agreed.  At the very least,I think White can be an effective caretaker for the QB position while we still try to find that long term top 10 type guy.  Maybe it turns out White himself can be that guy.  Maybe Wilson figures it out at some point.  Or most likey, that guy is not on the roster yet.

At least White can give us competent QB play while we continue the search for the long term answer.  I think his arm is better than some give him credit for, he is accurate, goes through progressions, understands how to read defenses, and guys seem to love playing for him.  He is limited athletically and his lack of mobility really hurt us in the red zone today. As long as he stays healthy and we stay in contention, White should play the rest of the year.  Maybe he proves he can be more than a caretaker.   

And then next pre-season, all bets are off.  Hopefully White is back.  Zach will be.  And we are bound to have another guy in the mix, maybe a day 2 pick.  I don't see the point of going out and getting another mid-level starter (like Jimmy G) if we can keep White.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Do you honestly believe they predetermined and told the Football Guy on JN that Zach Wilson is going back vs. Detroit no matter what?  Even if Mike White grew wings and flys the ball to his angel Wr's?   Like really?  Come'on dude, the guy is boner.  lol  Full ******* boner, Mike White had nothing to do with today's loss and objective moron could see that but the coaching staff is putting this on him and leaning back to the worst Qb in the NFL? 

I'm pretty confident the coaching staff is a lot smarter than the Football Guy. Zach Wilson will not see the field again unless there are injuries. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

MW has started 4 NFL games in which he wasn’t injured 

In 3 of 4 he has gone for 300+ and in the 4th he went for over 250

Zach Wilson isn’t even in the conversation as far as being a passable NFL starter 

He is an absolute joke bust

I’m not ready to anoint MW as the answer.   I think he could be and he certainly deserves the rest of the year and if we win with him get a contract and come back as the starter.  

I also think it’s absurd to write off Zach at this point.  Saleh and Douglas both seem to believe in the players they drafted and will continue to work on developing them.  

I get your frustration, don’t really get the constant hate filled rants at Zach.   Players mature and develop or they don’t.  Absolute joke bust sounds a tad bitter to take seriously.   Did Zach do your mom?

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

They did not expect White to go 3-0 and throw for 900 yards and 8 TDs, just as they did not expect Mike White to throw 57 times today. 

Zach is probably playing against Detroit. Deal with it however you need to.

I'll happily donate $500 to the charity of your choice if that happens. Will you respond in kind? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I'm pretty confident the coaching staff is a lot smarter than the Football Guy. Zach Wilson will not see the field again unless there are injuries. 

dude, i've been down this path with this guy, shoved his face in sh*t and keeps coming back, he's a turd

• Upvote 4
  • Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

MW has started 4 NFL games in which he wasn’t injured 

In 3 of 4 he has gone for 300+ (once 400+) and in the 4th he went for over 250

This season, he has 4 total TDs in 2 starts.  ZW has 5 total TDs in 7 starts.

Zach Wilson isn’t even in the conversation as far as being a passable NFL starter 

He is an absolute joke bust

As far as stats go there’s context to a lot of it. If a team is losing they tend to throw more aka today and with Flacco. When they are winning there’s generally more running the ball to burn the clock. 

if MW loses next week he will be 1-2. That’s pretty rough considering the team will have 6 losses all year at that point. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Because they have proven to be idiots in their QB handling....?

Well they finally got it right after giving the 2OA enough chances. Make no mistake if Zach didn't have that draft pedigree he would have been benched a long time ago. That draft slot enabled him to have a longer leash which he eventually used to hang himself. 

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

Year 2 Mark Sanchez was 1984 Dan Marino compared to anything Zach Wilson has ever done . 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

As far as stats go there’s context to a lot of it. If a team is losing they tend to throw more aka today and with Flacco. When they are winning there’s generally more running the ball to burn the clock. 

if MW loses next week he will be 1-2. That’s pretty rough considering the team will have 6 losses all year at that point. 

I know everyone loves Bam and rightfully so but Bam and Ty isnt Hall and Carter.  Mike White isnt QB'ing the same team

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Here’s an evaluation for you - mike white is currently a better QB than Zach Wilson and gives the jets, who currently hold the #7 seed in the AFC playoffs with 5 games remaining, a better chance to win games. 

the jets would have to be on blue meth to put Zach Wilson back in right now. 

Zach Wilson is 1-2 since Breece Hall was injured.  Mike White just took Knight, Johnson and Robinson into a 9-2 Minn. team and balled the F out w/ his receivers dropping the game away the refs ******* him in the first half.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

I know everyone loves Bam and rightfully so but Bam and Ty isnt Hall and Carter.  Mike White isnt QB'ing the same team

Bam looked pretty damn good today. We were down the entire game so had to throw it so much. MW shouldn’t be throwing so much, no qb should be.