MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

The plan going in was to bring back Zach against Detroit. No word whether that plan has changed 

well White better be as bad as he was last year against Buffalo or they will get massacred by the fans and the Media.

and if they were looking for a soft landing spot for Zach they might want to rethink that. Detroit just kicked the sh*t out of the Jags today.

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Bam looked pretty damn good today. We were down the entire game so had to throw it so much. MW shouldn’t be throwing so much, no qb should be. 

Not the point.  You brought up the running game.  This is not the running game that was carrying Zach.  Zach is 1-2 since that running game got shut down w/ the Hall injury.  Needing the QB to step up.  That running game, took even a bigger hit w/ Carter out today.  White, still balled the **** out.  That's the point.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

As far as stats go there’s context to a lot of it. If a team is losing they tend to throw more aka today and with Flacco. When they are winning there’s generally more running the ball to burn the clock. 

if MW loses next week he will be 1-2. That’s pretty rough considering the team will have 6 losses all year at that point. 

Yeah and 2 of the 3 games will be against 2 of the best teams in the NFL on the road. The defense gave up 27 points today. Mike White was not the reason they lost today. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Not the point.  You brought up the running game.  This is not the running game that was carrying Zach.  Zach is 1-2 since that running game got shut down w/ the Hall injury.  Needing the QB to step up.  That running game, took even a bigger hit w/ Carter out today.  White, still balled the **** out.  That's the point.

No the point I was making is that when you are winning then you run the ball more. We were down the entire game. Not up for even a second. This creates pressure to score and pass more. 

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Stop it. The only reason we aren’t building MW a statue today is because of a couple of dropped passes and bad calls near the goal line. Guy  balled out and has avg over 300 yards in all his starts. He is a very good quarterback that is only going to get better. 

Ugh. Why is it so hard to comprehend... 

Our Coaches Do Not Care About Stats. 

When they disect the film, they are going to chart that Mike was off target on 28 of his throws and had 5 turnover-worthy throws. Note I didn’t say incompletions/completions. That’s how they evaluate it. With that said, the exepectation is not perfection… you expect that your playmakers are going to bail you out a bit… but that doesn’t mean they don’t acknowledge it. That’s exactly how they reviewed it last week too… you like the result but they are absolutely pointing out the need to be more accurate with placement last week just as they will this week. That’s coaching.

In a vacuum, Mike White’s two best throws of the day from our coach’s perspectives will probably be the Garrett Wilson catch-and-run and the Uzomah grab. That’s exactly how it’s supposed to look in this offense: hit the player in stride to give them the ability to make plays after the catch. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

No the point I was making is that when you are winning then you run the ball more. We were down the entire game. Not up for even a second. This creates pressure to score and pass more. 

Right, probably because they also, dont have the same running game.  lol 

The staff can believe that Zach is the longterm answer and still not go back to him this year.  They owe it to the team, heck they owe it to themselves to see how far White can take them.  I said it earlier that I'm getting 2002 Pennington vibes from White.  It probably ends the same way with aggressive man to man defense destroying him in the playoffs.  

Let's win the division here and re-evaluate in the offseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah and 2 of the 3 games will be against 2 of the best teams in the NFL on the road. The defense gave up 27 points today. Mike White was not the reason they lost today. 

I didn’t say he was THE reason for the loss. The defense wasn’t good in the first half. The offense couldn’t put it in the end zone all game. Those are the 2 biggest factors in the loss 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

When they disect the film, they are going to chart that Mike was off target on 28 of his throws and had 5 turnover-worthy throws. Note I didn’t say incompletions/completions. That’s how they evaluate it. With that said, the exepectation is not perfection… you expect that your playmakers are going to bail you out a bit… but that doesn’t mean they don’t acknowledge it. That’s exactly how they reviewed it last week too… you like the result but they are absolutely pointing out the need to be more accurate with placement last week just as they will this week. That’s coaching.

In a vacuum, Mike White’s two best throws of the day from our coach’s perspectives will probably be the Garrett Wilson catch-and-run and the Uzomah grab. That’s exactly how it’s supposed to look in this offense: hit the player in stride to give them the ability to make plays after the catch. 

You are demonstrably worse than Zach Wilson.  Holy sh*t 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

well White better be as bad as he was last year against Buffalo or they will get massacred by the fans and the Media.

and if they were looking for a soft landing spot for Zach they might want to rethink that. Detroit just kicked the sh*t out of the Jags today.

They don’t care about what the fans and media think. Saleh has made that very clear

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Right, probably because they also, dont have the same running game.  lol 

I’m not talking about this game or team in particular. I’m talking about football in general. When you are winning you run the ball to burn the clock. When you are losing you throw it to try and catch up.  Seems pretty simple, but maybe not?

28 minutes ago, football guy said:

Do you believe in developing talent? Because that seems to be the discord here. I would rather sacrifice a few yards a game and give the talented QB the reps he needs, knowing that the team is beyond capable of winning in spite of it, because like it or not he is the glue that will keep this administration together, which is what I desperately want. I know the coach speak and I know the desire to put the most ready guy in to end the playoff draught, but I’m more concerned with the long-term. Absent Zach turning around or them stumbling into a QB, this admin won’t be here as long as we think it will/should, hence why I want them to make it work with Zach. Not necessarily because I think he’ll surely figure it out, but because him developing into an average QB with his playmaking ability and upside is enough to keep Saleh and Douglas here long-term. 

Always enjoy your posts. Uncertain why you’d make such a statement. JD has built a playoff contending team in a few short years with a deepening talent pool at key positions. Zach Wilson was his 1st Qb drafted and obviously rushed Zach before he was ready. They will roll with Mike White until they get eliminated from playoff contention or he gets injured. It could be that Zach won’t see the field until next season.

In the meantime JD will focus on building the rest of the roster. The Qb decision will be an interesting one. If MW gets us into the playoffs and wins a P.O. game, he will be extended on a multi-year deal @ 3/$54. With ZW still on rookie deal, this is not a deal breaker. 2023 is an open competition for the starters job. If ZW wins and plays well 5th year option picked up. It’s not ideal but JD can’t place this organization in Zach’s hands w/o a backup plan

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Wrong 

24 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Do you honestly believe they predetermined and told the Football Guy on JN that Zach Wilson is going back vs. Detroit no matter what?  Even if Mike White grew wings and flys the ball to his angel Wr's?   Like really?  Come'on dude, the guy is boner.  lol  Full ******* boner, Mike White had nothing to do with today's loss and objective moron could see that but the coaching staff is putting this on him and leaning back to the worst Qb in the NFL? 

Receipts lol

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I’m not talking about this game or team in particular. I’m talking about football in general. When you are winning you run the ball to burn the clock. When you are losing you throw it to try and catch up.  Seems pretty simple, but maybe not?

Got it, maybe your comment was 2 separate things but you talked about the running game and then mentioned Mike White's potential win loss record and talked about what the team was before White.  So figured you were tying it together and why I said, Mike White did not benefit from the the same run game that carried Zach and when that run game was shut down ie; Hall injured, Wilson subsequently sucked and the Jets went 1-2. 

What I think is reasonable to infer from football guy is that there is a faction within the building whose careers are staked to ZW's success. Therefore, they need ZW to get back out there and somehow prove himself, bc MW solidifying himself now or over the course of the season is no bueno for Zachapono. We do know that both JD and Saleh went cray for ZW at his pro-day but I don't believe either JD's or Saleh's jobs are on the line over ZW. Saleh less so than JD but JD has really built a formidable team with good depth and brought in what seems to be a very competent Coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I ain't saying you're wrong since I know you do have your inside sources, but I just can't see it this season at least. Maybe if the Jets completely collapsed or they weren't in the playoff hunt - maybe you'd see Wilson at some point then.

Jets would be playing with fire if they put Wilson in while in the middle of a playoff hunt and he sh*ts the bed. 

“I know you have your Inside sauces…“ Do you really? Explain how you know that.
The guy paraphrased what Saleh said in his presser this week when he said Zach  could get back on the field at some point this year, and you’re acting like he gave you an insider’s scoop. 
Why don’t you open an alt account calling yourself Front Office guy? You can do the same thing after this weeks PC…

?????

• Upvote 1

Just now, freestater said:

If the jets are in playoff contention and the coaching staff trots Zach out there and he fails, it will be the end of his career. I just can't see any sane staff doing that to him tbh. 

Not just the end of his career but the staff then goes firmly on the hot seat, it's so beyond ******* moronic, it's almost believable. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Got it, maybe your comment was 2 separate things but you talked about the running game and then mentioned Mike White's potential win loss record and talked about what the team was before White.  So figured you were tying it together and why I said, Mike White did not benefit from the the same run game that carried Zach and when that run game was shut down ie; Hall injured, Wilson subsequently sucked and the Jets went 1-2. 

Defense also gave up way too much in 1st Q

Pressure was on offense to score (and score fast) every time they touched the ball — with no margin for error — considering the 20-6 halftime deficit 

You can sleepwalk defensively vs the Bears but not vs a 9-2 team in their building 

20 minutes ago, JiFields said:

dude, i've been down this path with this guy, shoved his face in sh*t and keeps coming back, he's a turd

You “shoved it in my face” lol what a cuck this guy is. I’m sorry you don’t like what I have to say or contribute. People like you are exactly why I constantly reconsider why I even share anything lol… so many of you constantly talk sh*t and make these wild conspiracies about me, yet when what I share comes true you all go into hiding. You can call me whatever you want, but trying to act like I’m inaccurate with my info is just you being an emotional infant who disagrees what I’m sharing

26 minutes ago, football guy said:

Let’s be honest: if Zach Wilson put up the same performance as Mike White did today, y’all are losing it

That is not saying that I feel Mike White played poorly. He played better than the stats indicate imo; he made the right decisions but simply doesn’t have the kind of skill required to consistently perform as a see-it, throw-it QB when the coverage is tighter. I just get the sense that a lot of you have made up your mind that you hate Zach Wilson for one reason or another, and there’s nothing he can do to change your hatred for him absent winning a Super Bowl. 

Mike White has a better arm and appears more athletic than Mac Jones.   Jones was a first round pick last year.   That’s an assumption by you.

I don’t hate Wilson.   I love his arm talent and athleticism.  I think he’s immature and doesn’t have a good feel for the game at this level.  He may never have it or it may come in a couple of years.  He’s on a 3 to 4 year clock and it might not be long enough for him.   He might be another Josh Rosen.  

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Yea I was connecting them to show how passing yards aren’t always a great indicator for success. Cousins didn’t have that many passing yards because they were winning all game, while White did. 

Was cousins bad? I don’t think so but they just didn’t need to pass it that much because they were up the whole game. 

Flacco had like 900 yards in 3 games. Was he good? Not particularly they were just losing a lot. 

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

What I think is reasonable to infer from football guy is that there is a faction within the building whose careers are staked to ZW's success. Therefore, they need ZW to get back out there and somehow prove himself, bc MW solidifying himself now or over the course of the season is no bueno for Zachapono. We do know that both JD and Saleh went cray for ZW at his pro-day but I don't believe either JD's or Saleh's jobs are on the line over ZW. Saleh less so than JD but JD has really built a formidable team with good depth and brought in what seems to be a very competent Coaching staff. 

Woody has his first real football guy in the building since the Tuna quit.

He's not firing JD anytime soon. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, football guy said:

Let’s be honest: if Zach Wilson put up the same performance as Mike White did today, y’all are losing it

That is not saying that I feel Mike White played poorly. He played better than the stats indicate imo; he made the right decisions but simply doesn’t have the kind of skill required to consistently perform as a see-it, throw-it QB when the coverage is tighter. I just get the sense that a lot of you have made up your mind that you hate Zach Wilson for one reason or another, and there’s nothing he can do to change your hatred for him absent winning a Super Bowl. 

Well, you got me there (hating him as a player, I have no legitimate opinion of him as a person). My opinion was based upon everything I saw about Cobra Kai at BYU and literally NOTHING he has done as a pro has made me doubt my original evaluation. 

Listen Mr. Wilson, I know as parents we all have to defend our children, but I don't think its going to work out for your son in New York. You and your wife should start demanding trades. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

“I know you have your Inside sauces…“ Do you really? Explain how you know that.
The guy paraphrased what Saleh said in his presser this week when he said Zach  could get back on the field at some point this year, and you’re acting like he gave you an insider’s scoop. 
Why don’t you open an alt account calling yourself Front Office guy? You can do the same thing after this weeks PC…

?????

I choose to believe because it makes reading the board more fun. 

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Always enjoy your posts. Uncertain why you’d make such a statement. JD has built a playoff contending team in a few short years with a deepening talent pool at key positions. Zach Wilson was his 1st Qb drafted and obviously rushed Zach before he was ready. They will roll with Mike White until they get eliminated from playoff contention or he gets injured. It could be that Zach won’t see the field until next season.

In the meantime JD will focus on building the rest of the roster. The Qb decision will be an interesting one. If MW gets us into the playoffs and wins a P.O. game, he will be extended on a multi-year deal @ 3/$54. With ZW still on rookie deal, this is not a deal breaker. 2023 is an open competition for the starters job. If ZW wins and plays well 5th year option picked up. It’s not ideal but JD can’t place this organization in Zach’s hands w/o a backup plan

It’s the harsh reality of the NFL. There’s no mandates this year. I don’t think there will be any “mandates” moving forward, but if Douglas and Saleh can’t find a way to produce a franchise QB and miss the playoffs  next year they know they will likely be fired. I don’t have access to ownership or anything like that and it’s not something people who work for the Jets will openly discuss but they know that’s possible. But if they are showing improvement and the QB is improving, they’re sticking the course even if there is no playoffs (see CIN as a good example).

For Mike White, he won’t be that expensive. Probably a 2-year, $18 million deal with an additional $6 million available in incentives. 

32 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This is the part of our story where the football guy pretends to know s**t nobody else does about the inner workings of the Jets… because, well, he’s the football guy.

Tired Britney Spears GIF

Seriously, how are some of you still falling for this schtick?

I'm going to spill the beans. I deliver the toilet paper to Joe Douglas's favorite Mexican restaurant. Whenever I make a delivery, he tells me what he's planning to do in the offseason. If you want more info, hit me up with a DM. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3