MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Steve Young can f*ck off. If the Jets are a second tier mess, then what the hell is his alma mater named after his ancestor? Young is just pissed that Wilson was supposed to be the start (in his eyes) of big time prospects going to BYU as an NFL showcase school, but Wilson crashed and burned. 

This feels like the case. The Jets are usually an easy blame, but now that they’re winning and the coach looks like a real NFL coach, Young looks like a baby.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think some of Wilson’s problems are cultural in that he comes off as a disaffected, uncool suburban goober mama’s boy. It’d serve him well to spend some time in the tri-state area hooking up with bridge and tunnel slobs. It’d put some hair on his chest. 

No need to pull a Sam Darnold and be out for 4 weeks. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Remember when we drafted him and he goes on the Kay show to do his puffy introductory interview and Kay asks him who his favorite artists are and he goes, “uhhhhh Morgan Wallen and, uh, Drake” and this was when Morgan Wallen was deep into his “Whoops, I was recorded saying the N-word!” press cycle and I was like “Welp, this is doomed.”

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll defend guys like football guy and Mogglez, and the chrebet guy who share any info they can get from the inside. If nothing else, it’s good content and, as we’ve seen, things happen in and around the Jets that surprise people at the highest levels of the Jets. How many times have we seen Saleh get the rug pulled on him this summer? Sources around the periphery of the org are gonna miss the mark a fair amount of the time

I maintain that if he knows anybody, it isn’t anyone of importance.

Anyone that has to talk that big a game about himself is usually a fraud.  Mogglez isn’t like that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when we drafted him and he goes on the Kay show to do his puffy introductory interview and Kay asks him who his favorite artists are and he goes, “uhhhhh Morgan Wallen and, uh, Drake” and this was when Morgan Wallen was deep into his “Whoops, I was recorded saying the N-word!” press cycle and I was like “Welp, this doomed.”

Yes, 100%, it was almost like he said w/ enthusiasm. Do you think he's used the subway since he's been in NYC?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Larz said:

its not because of the punters 

Pretty wild it was -13 at NY and -9.5 at Buffalo. Shift the three points away from each home team and it would be -16 neutral site week nine and -6.5 neutral site this week. Big swing.

• Upvote 1

Mike White was good yesterday. The way he leads players on his check downs and screens is immaculate. He also showed poise under pressure, the ability to throw down field, and understand defenses. I'm a Mike white believer. 
... I would have never guessed ...
Only took 550 posts for me to understand the depth of your belief

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

If Fields gets it all the way together, that’ll hurt. It’ll be like Jamal Adams over Pat Mahomes all over again
My guess is Fields will follow the RG3 trajectory ... Light up the league for a year or two and out.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/ESP6037677737?selected=ESP6159326944

Some spicy commentary from Steve Young (on the Kay Show today) regarding Zach Wilson v Mike White. Kay does a great job setting Young up. His opening question was effectively, “Steve, the players are wearing ‘Mike White’ t-shirts on the plane and talking up Mike White even after the loss. It’s hard not to see this as a slap at Zach Wilson.” ???

If you’re not aware, Young is the unofficial Wilson family advisor and looks out for Zach like a long-lost child. Well worth the listen. Takes about five minutes.

For those not inclined to listen, here are the highlights:

1. Agrees that the Jets players are implicitly sh*tting on Zach by celebrating Mike White.

2. Says Zach has to ride it out and not play the victim or he’ll get crushed.

3. Derisively refers to Saleh as a “defensive minded head coach” who benched Zach to appease the locker room. Says “defensive” head coaches don’t understand the the QB position, so they just ride the vibes. 

4. Says that the Jets will eventually “need” Zach because he’s a “generational talent” who can compete with the Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen/Joe Burrow’s of the AFC and that they’ll never win anything with Mike White. Catches himself and says, “Hey, maybe Mike White will prove me wrong, but…”

5. Kay asks Young how it’d be possible for Zach to play again this year (citing Saleh’s quote) and Young said Zach has to stay ready for when Mike White fails to beat Buffalo.

ew

Mark Craig, Star Tribune
Mon, December 5, 2022 at 6:00 AM

1. Mike White is what we thought he was — another backup.

The 2022 Vikings raised their record to 4-0 against backup quarterbacks, exhaling only after Camryn Bynum intercepted journeyman Mike White's 57th and final pass in the red zone in the closing seconds of a 27-22 win over the Jets at U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday. White was a trooper with 369 yards passing, but he was just another overmatched backup in two areas: Third-down conversions (3-for-16) and red-zone touchdowns (1-for-6). It must have been painful for Jets fans to watch White continually throw short of the sticks on third down for the first 47 ½ minutes. During that part of the game, he completed six of eight passes on third-and-7 or longer without a single first down. The Jets settled for field goals after five of those failed third downs. White was what we thought he was: A backup making his fifth NFL start in five seasons.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Mark Craig, Star Tribune

The 2022 Vikings raised their record to 4-0 against backup quarterbacks, exhaling only after Camryn Bynum intercepted journeyman Mike White's 57th and final pass in the red zone in the closing seconds of a 27-22 win over the Jets at U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday. White was a trooper with 369 yards passing, but he was just another overmatched backup in two areas: Third-down conversions (3-for-16) and red-zone touchdowns (1-for-6). It must have been painful for Jets fans to watch White continually throw short of the sticks on third down for the first 47 ½ minutes. During that part of the game, he completed six of eight passes on third-and-7 or longer without a single first down. The Jets settled for field goals after five of those failed third downs. White was what we thought he was: A backup making his fifth NFL start in five seasons.

F@#$%^& that Minnesota paper.

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you have some time, Nania breaks down White’s game against Minnesota here. Nania has been a Mike White skeptic, but has since seen the light. Mike White.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/12/06/ny-jets-qb-mike-white-grading-every-throw-vikings/

I was looking for analysis today but after that excellent article from the Minnesota newspaper I’m good.

13 hours ago, dcJet said:

Mark Craig, Star Tribune

Yeah there are 100 QBs out there that can hit the quick check down on 3rd and 7 , because the defense is giving you that. There are 20 guys that can rip an outside breaking route with anticipation and timing when it’s covered. 

15 hours ago, doitny said:

F@#$%^& that Minnesota paper.

That "story" is ironic.

Belittling MW based on a game in which he was way more impressive than Cousins, who started the game 0 for 6 or something like that and made zero big-time throws the entire game.

Their "franchise QBs" stat line:

21/35 173 yd 1 TD

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Third-down conversions (3-for-16) and red-zone touchdowns (1-for-6).

Add that to 6-17 from the red zone and there's some slight reason for concern.

No question there is plenty of reason for optimism - Mike White looked very good at times.

Clearly an upgrade over Zach Wilson.

but good teams clamp down in the red zone and on 3rd downs - there are defenses designed for that purpose. I have faith Mike White will solve this problem and this week will be the start of it.  But these are numbers we should keep an eye on.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:53 PM, T0mShane said:

I think some of Wilson’s problems are cultural in that he comes off as a disaffected, uncool suburban goober mama’s boy. It’d serve him well to spend some time in the tri-state area hooking up with bridge and tunnel slobs. It’d put some hair on his chest. 

It sounds like you're volunteering?

lol

• Haha 3

I guess Joe Douglas and his crew just decided to sweep this one under the rug during their evaluation "process".

But if you watch this performance from '19 (non-COVID) vs a Pac-12 opponent, you can see this is what Zach Wilson is in the pros.  He's same guy with the same problem areas. 

He was never worthy of the #2 overall pick.

Basically folds like a cheap suit under any whiff of pressure.

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I guess Joe Douglas and his crew just decided to sweep this one under the rug during their evaluation "process".

But if you watch this performance from '19 (non-COVID) vs a Pac-12 opponent, you can see this is what Zach Wilson is in the pros.  He's same guy with the same problem areas. 

He was never worthy of the #2 overall pick.

Basically folds like a cheap suit under any whiff of pressure.

Looks like a QB with some good potential. 

• Upvote 1

If you want to look at the Vikings game glass “half full”:
they basically beat a 9-2 team (Berrios end zone drop) despite going 1 for 6 in the RZ and the defense sleepwalking through the 1st half
Yeah .. but they didnt

On 12/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, T0mShane said:

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/ESP6037677737?selected=ESP6159326944

Some spicy commentary from Steve Young (on the Kay Show today) regarding Zach Wilson v Mike White. Kay does a great job setting Young up. His opening question was effectively, “Steve, the players are wearing ‘Mike White’ t-shirts on the plane and talking up Mike White even after the loss. It’s hard not to see this as a slap at Zach Wilson.” ???

If you’re not aware, Young is the unofficial Wilson family advisor and looks out for Zach like a long-lost child. Well worth the listen. Takes about five minutes.

For those not inclined to listen, here are the highlights:

1. Agrees that the Jets players are implicitly sh*tting on Zach by celebrating Mike White.

2. Says Zach has to ride it out and not play the victim or he’ll get crushed.

3. Derisively refers to Saleh as a “defensive minded head coach” who benched Zach to appease the locker room. Says “defensive” head coaches don’t understand the the QB position, so they just ride the vibes. 

4. Says that the Jets will eventually “need” Zach because he’s a “generational talent” who can compete with the Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen/Joe Burrow’s of the AFC and that they’ll never win anything with Mike White. Catches himself and says, “Hey, maybe Mike White will prove me wrong, but…”

5. Kay asks Young how it’d be possible for Zach to play again this year (citing Saleh’s quote) and Young said Zach has to stay ready for when Mike White fails to beat Buffalo.

Young was a generational talent.  He was unproductive as an NFL QB for 6 years.  Drafted in 1985, he started being productive in 1991.  Became really productive in 1992.

At this point trying to win by getting a QB who can compete with Mahomes, Allen or Burrow seems like a fools errand.  Probably need a good QB and a very good to great team around him.  

The problem with the "generational talent" argument is the NFL during any time in it's history has "generational talent" on the defensive side of the ball.  

• Upvote 1