MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

I just hope that he plays like a person who can play the position.

It's like back when we were all kids and the neighborhood got together for a game or intramurals in college or whatever and some guy is like "I'll be the QB!" and you just hope for the best.  Then you proceed to watch the guy suck and everybody just gets pissed off until someone else comes in and is just able to make good throws and get some plays and suddenly it all falls back into place and competence just breeds competence.  Competent people watching obvious incompetence will quickly become frustrated.  As long as White brings basic competence, he is a clear upgrade.  Is he the future?  Last time he had a shot he got hurt immediately so he didn't try to take the chance.  Now he's lucky enough to get a real shot #2, will he do it or bust a knuckle again 5 minutes into the game?

JD has work to do for next year already for sure.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Why didn’t he run backwards 30 yards before throwing the ball?

omg those highlights were like a wet dream.  Look at all that plain old competence.  Yippee!  I don't know what I will do if I see positive pass yards in a game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I think Saleh needs to get Ik on this roster to have a few words with Zach and straighten out his pompous azz. Seems like a fun lovin kid but has ZERO humility.  This benching is dope. Just what the doctor ordered. Next, Saleh should make Zach go pick up all the poop around MetLife and go volunteer at an animal shelter and clean out the cat/dog cages.  Then we can talk about getting back into the QB rotation as a 3rd stringer. HE needs to work his way back up the food chain.

Then swab all the toilets in the practice facility for a few weeks. Especially after Taco Tuesday. This isn't simply a case of overly inflated ego - it's fantasy prone personality disorder.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

i certainly hope white does well.  i wouldn't mind if he took the job away from wilson next season and beyond.  in the immortal words of al davis, just win baby.

what i don't get is all of the love for mike white.  he's been in the league for 6 seasons and with the jets for 3.  he's won exactly one game in all that time.  granted he looked very good in that game against the bungles last season but when faced with pressure from the bills he bailed out on far too many plays.  hopefully he'll come in and play tough.  move the chains.  not turn the ball over.  throw tds.

3 hours ago, Origen said:

I just hope that he plays like a person who can play the position.

It's like back when we were all kids and the neighborhood got together for a game or intramurals in college or whatever and some guy is like "I'll be the QB!" and you just hope for the best.  Then you proceed to watch the guy suck and everybody just gets pissed off until someone else comes in and is just able to make good throws and get some plays and suddenly it all falls back into place and competence just breeds competence.  Competent people watching obvious incompetence will quickly become frustrated.  As long as White brings basic competence, he is a clear upgrade.  Is he the future?  Last time he had a shot he got hurt immediately so he didn't try to take the chance.  Now he's lucky enough to get a real shot #2, will he do it or bust a knuckle again 5 minutes into the game?

JD has work to do for next year already for sure.

Yet we were a lot worse with super bowl mvp Flacco at the helm 

The incompetence comes form the OC

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Zach Wilsons biggest flaw was his fear of the pocket he had other flaws, yes, but none bigger than being afraid in the pocket. You can not play the QB position and not be comfortable in the pocket you just can't. If you watch Mike White its one of his strengths he stands tough in the pocket and he gets the ball out fast and accurate. In reality that's the biggest difference between the 2 players and you would think its a small problem easily fixed but you have to be able to play in this league under intense pressure every time you drop back, if you can't then it makes things really hard and I think that's what Zach Struggled with on a large scale

THIS.  I feel like the Jets did him a favor.  Take your millions from your rookie contract and go be an exec at JetBlue.  Find some hot silicone  moms.  Ya know, enjoy being Zach Wilson ?

Nothing would make me happier than to see Mike  White finally secure the QB position for the Jets. That said, he finished the season last year with 5 TDs and 8 Int's. He looked horrid in the pre season, and is a career backup. The next 3 games are Bears, Vikings and Bills. Bears are a complete cupcake defense, the Vikings and Bills are not. I don't quite get the notion that Mike White is so great, but I guess we will find out soon enough

37 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Nothing would make me happier than to see Mike  White finally secure the QB position for the Jets. That said, he finished the season last year with 5 TDs and 8 Int's. He looked horrid in the pre season, and is a career backup. The next 3 games are Bears, Vikings and Bills. Bears are a complete cupcake defense, the Vikings and Bills are not. I don't quite get the notion that Mike White is so great, but I guess we will find out soon enough

Vikings pass d sucks

51 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Nobody thinks Mike White is great(except Tom Shane), but I think he will give us competent QB play that this team was sorely lacking. I think people are going to be surprised by the way this team moves the ball on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Three quarterbacks threw for more than 250 yards against that #1 ranked Bills defense. Name them.

The Cincy all throws video also had some really bad throws.  (More noticeable than in the flow of the game) The Bills did that to lots of teams last season - but he threw too many picks last season.  

I was more concerned White looked like ASS in the preseason and the camp reports this year were not good.

His short game should provide a lift If he’s learned to throw less picks.  He’s a baseball pitcher so he’s got to have upside in throwing the ball down the field too.  If he has that worked out it could be fun.

The Bears is a good week to start him with a week of starter reps.

15 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Nobody thinks Mike White is great(except Tom Shane), but I think he will give us competent QB play that this team was sorely lacking. I think people are going to be surprised by the way this team moves the ball on Sunday. 

They are playing the Bears, everyone moves the ball against the Bears. Rutgers could put up 30