MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

As far as inside information, I think there can be validity without a poster being Rex Hogan. 

FWIW, I used to know a guy who legit worked in the Jets mailroom.  Apparently it is a real thing for real people.  This guy was a full on adult with a house in Jersey a pool that raised a family, put his kids through college and supported a couple of ederly family members on that salary.  He had very little actual interest in football, but even he had some inside information at times.  People talk and people listen.  Still, any staff worth their salt is generally paranoid and will not share anything too deep or beyond the obvious outside of an extremelyclosed group.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, you’re threatening me over an argument with someone else?

Someone else on here kept coming after me, accusing me of being a fraud, a liar, and that he persistently "owned" me or something, among other things, which prompted the message you quoted days later.

I responded to you saying I guess I would have to expose myself myself at the same tailgate in effort to prove myself. Hence, "hide your kids, hide your wife". No, I'm not going to expose myself to a bunch of people I don't know. I'm not going to provoke a fight at a tailgate. I'm a season-ticket holder and I haven't been shy about some that I know in the building, but in this current socio-environment, those things would not save me from having the access stripped from me. Sure if someone did attack me I would handle it, but the point is I get the sense a lot of people on here just sling mud and wouldn't do the same to an individual if they were standing right in front of them, which is sad. If you're going to be a troll on the internet, be willing to be one in-person as well.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:04 PM, football guy said:

There’s no doubt he’s been better than Wilson. Difference is the upside. I wish we can take Mike White’s brain and put it in Zach Wilson’s body—that would be a top 5 QB—but we cannot.

I get the Mike White love. I really do. But he is Nick Foles. Nothing less and nothing more 

You see this is the problem, with MOST of us Jets fans there is no Mike White or Zach Wilson "love", what there are, first and foremost are fans of the New York Jets, the team, not the Jets players. That's why so many of the younger guys (probably mid-30's and younger) are so enamored with Wilson, they have invested their hearts into the player and in a lot of cases even moreso than the team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

As far as inside information, I think there can be validity without a poster being Rex Hogan. 

FWIW, I used to know a guy who legit worked in the Jets mailroom.  Apparently it is a real thing for real people.  This guy was a full on adult with a house in Jersey a pool that raised a family, put his kids through college and supported a couple of ederly family members on that salary.  He had very little actual interest in football, but even he had some inside information at times.  People talk and people listen.  Still, any staff worth their salt is generally paranoid and will not share anything too deep or beyond the obvious outside of an extremelyclosed group.

Rex Hogan is not nearly as hot-headed as I am lol. 

I am not a member of the front office. I have made it known who I am to people on here. I am fortunate enough to have a lot of friends/family who work around the league that have casually introduced me to their colleagues along the way. I know some people both in the front office and on the business side within the Jets organization. I have done my best to conceal who they are but have dropped plenty of hints to the people who seem rational minded on here. My cousin is a member of Zach's camp. She reps a lot of players. Prior to that she worked for the Panthers. First interned with George Whitfield. 

My aspirations are not to be an NFL insider lol. Talking football is a hobby of mine and I like the deeper, nuanced conversation about it, which I can't have over texts with people who do this as their literal career. I am genuinely friends with these people, so it's not like I'm a blood sucking tick asking for info. When I get the chance to ask I ask. If its volunteered I usually play like I'm disinterested then bring it on here. That's what it really comes down to

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

Someone else on here kept coming after me, accusing me of being a fraud, a liar, and that he persistently "owned" me or something, among other things, which prompted the message you quoted days later.

I responded to you saying I guess I would have to expose myself myself at the same tailgate in effort to prove myself. Hence, "hide your kids, hide your wife". No, I'm not going to expose myself to a bunch of people I don't know. I'm not going to provoke a fight at a tailgate. I'm a season-ticket holder and I haven't been shy about some that I know in the building, but in this current socio-environment, those things would not save me from having the access stripped from me. Sure if someone did attack me I would handle it, but the point is I get the sense a lot of people on here just sling mud and wouldn't do the same to an individual if they were standing right in front of them, which is sad. If you're going to be a troll on the internet, be willing to be one in-person as well.

Amen.

6 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You see this is the problem, with MOST of us Jets fans there is no Mike White or Zach Wilson "love", what there are, first and foremost are fans of the New York Jets, the team, not the Jets players. That's why so many of the younger guys (probably mid-30's and younger) are so enamored with Wilson, they have invested their hearts into the player and in a lot of cases even moreso than the team.

I think you're correct to an extent. I'm 31 and certainly new school, but I wouldn't say that its just being enamored with Wilson. I think it really has to do with my perspectives on team-building in this day-and-age. I'm willing to sacrifice another year on the playoff drought if it means developing our talented youth, especially considering that the "plan" coming into the year was doing just that. Process > result. If I were in my 60s maybe I'd have a different perspective 

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

Rex Hogan is not nearly as hot-headed as I am lol. 

I am not a member of the front office. I have made it known who I am to people on here. I am fortunate enough to have a lot of friends/family who work around the league that have casually introduced me to their colleagues along the way. I know some people both in the front office and on the business side within the Jets organization. I have done my best to conceal who they are but have dropped plenty of hints to the people who seem rational minded on here. My cousin is a member of Zach's camp. She reps a lot of players. Prior to that she worked for the Panthers. First interned with George Whitfield. 

My aspirations are not to be an NFL insider lol. Talking football is a hobby of mine and I like the deeper, nuanced conversation about it, which I can't have over texts with people who do this as their literal career. I am genuinely friends with these people, so it's not like I'm a blood sucking tick asking for info. When I get the chance to ask I ask. If its volunteered I usually play like I'm disinterested then bring it on here. That's what it really comes down to

So is there genuine concern that Zach has the YIPs?  It’s pretty clear to me that is a real possibility but what is the sentiment from people who know.  Not looking for gossip, just sentiment..

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed (I think)

Look, what I think is interesting is that small window of being able to win with a Mike White type is actually now.

You don't often get multiple years in a row of top 5 picks, multiple first and second rounders in back to back years and no big time players on big contracts.  The Jets have a small two year (maybe 3) to win  it all with Mike White.  All things have to click and they have to stay healthy, but there is a lot of talent on this team right now.

So, keep Mike White and draft and develop a young uber talented kid - allow the young guy time.  

I would be fine playing it like this - would prefer to go all in on Carr, but I get it.

Now, is Zach the guy to even bother developing - if not where do we find this other guy?  That's a different question entirely.

Generally agree with you, even though I think you’re discounting White’s chances of improving enough over the next few weeks to secure the job into 2023. Even in his worst games, he still puts up a lot of yards and makes a lot of receivers happy. In his four-INT game vs the Bills last year, he still put up 250 yards and hit ten different receivers. We’re getting to the point where White’s median performance is still pretty productive, and that has to be appealing to Saleh, LaFleur, Douglas, etc. It behooves them all to have a bunch of skills guys look good even if the QB is ultimately questionable as a long-term project. At worst, playing White is making the Jets QB1 job look attractive to any potential free agents or trade candidates. Zach made it look like everything was pure dysfunction. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I guess it’s a little late to ask everyone to stop making this personal and stick to the topic? 

Never understood the internet tough guy act. You're just going to give yourself an ulcer. If anything, I'm waaaaayyy nicer on here than I am in real life. I can be a downright dick if it's possible for me to immediately get my hands on you. Lol. 

I did feel the outright Arby's disrespect was a personal attack tho.

WE GOT THE MEATS!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

So is there genuine concern that Zach has the YIPs?  It’s pretty clear to me that is a real possibility but what is the sentiment from people who know.  Not looking for gossip, just sentiment..

Yips is a loose term to basically say that he occasionally air-balls a free throw or misses an easy putt. I don't think Rap meant it the way New Yorkers have come to learn with Chuck Knobloch. 

This is going to sound over-simplified, but the primary issue Zach is dealing with is footwork on his initial drop. His footwork has become increasingly sloppy and lazy, which results in him getting a "delayed" start to a play. He has quick athletic feet and a lightning quick release, but when you take a split second too long in your drop you screw up the timing of the play and invite the pass rush to get that much closer to you. 

This isn't the only issue, but the primary one the Jets want him to fix. He's not going to be elite at read progressions right away. He's not going to be great against a pass rush right away. But the late starts to plays lead to broken plays; the lazy footwork leads to some layups being missed. If he had his timing down, at the very least they feel the offense would have much better rhythm and flow to it; it would allow him to hit those first reads with ease and allow guys to make plays after the catch. But when he gets a delayed start he becomes uncomfortable hitting a certain spot, which results in further improvisation (which was also the case in college). That needs to be corrected.

What I cannot speak to is what's in Zach's head. He's a tireless worker, great studier, and has all the skills. He's not an entitled brat the way he's characterized, but he certainly can come off as arrogant. He thinks he's the best- and a lot of athletes do have that edge to them. Problem is he plays with an ego and we have no idea what his confidence level is. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, freestater said:

Never understood the internet tough guy act. You're just going to give yourself an ulcer. If anything, I'm waaaaayyy nicer on here than I am in real life. I can be a downright dick if it's possible for me to immediately get my hands on you. Lol. 

I did feel the outright Arby's disrespect was a personal attack tho.

WE GOT THE MEATS!

You look one of tough old country boys honestly. LOL Yet, heart of an artist! 

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

Because no one has offered you their address or agreed to meet at a neutral location to fight over some internet beef?  A bullsh*t comment that whoever pissed you off probably didn't even think twice about, since 99.9999% of sane people would have just laughed it off, insulted them back, or ignored.

This is some caveman sh*t, my dude.  Relax a little.  Not everything has to be so serious.  We get it, you're a manly man.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think you're correct to an extent. I'm 31 and certainly new school, but I wouldn't say that its just being enamored with Wilson. I think it really has to do with my perspectives on team-building in this day-and-age. I'm willing to sacrifice another year on the playoff drought if it means developing our talented youth, especially considering that the "plan" coming into the year was doing just that. Process > result. If I were in my 60s maybe I'd have a different perspective 

Not me, waste all of this talent that the Jets has built on a bet? A sure-fire LOSING BET that Zach Wilson will ever become a legitimate starting - caliber NFL QB in a few short weeks?  N.F.W. 

Yea, I figured you were probably a young guy football guy (I have lately been going over to see the age of some of the guys who have been showing up here lately but there was no birthdate there) and the last time the Jets even sniffed the playoffs you were probably just getting out of High School, still in your teens. And yes I am in my 60's and was a new teenager when I watched the Jets win that Super Bowl game live on TV, but I'm still in pretty good shape for an old guy.But as for the idea of being "willing to sacrifice another year on the playoff drought if it means developing our talented youth" That one (so-called) talented youth, being Wilson,  someone who has not shown any talent worth sacrificing a whole damn organization's livelihoods on? Again, No Effin' Way.

I fully understood where someone like Elijah Moore was coming from when he essentially said that he didn't want to play with a person like Zach Wilson, not even saying a player like, but a PERSON like Zach Wilson who apparently holds grudges and plays the "it's my ball and you can't play with it because I don't like you" game of a spoiled child. He would be costing him and his family potential millions of dollars by sabotaging his career by playing professional keep-away.

One more thing, please, do us all a favor and stop playing the internet tough guy-it's such a cliche'd bunch of ridiculous BS. Keep it to football bro. You add enough good stuff that even I-28 didn't want to see you banned ands not be able to contribute to the discourse here-I agree with that sentiment. Thanks

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yips is a loose term to basically say that he occasionally air-balls a free throw or misses an easy putt. I don't think Rap meant it the way New Yorkers have come to learn with Chuck Knobloch. 

This is going to sound over-simplified, but the primary issue Zach is dealing with is footwork on his initial drop. His footwork has become increasingly sloppy and lazy, which results in him getting a "delayed" start to a play. He has quick athletic feet and a lightning quick release, but when you take a split second too long in your drop you screw up the timing of the play and invite the pass rush to get that much closer to you. 

This isn't the only issue, but the primary one the Jets want him to fix. He's not going to be elite at read progressions right away. He's not going to be great against a pass rush right away. But the late starts to plays lead to broken plays; the lazy footwork leads to some layups being missed. If he had his timing down, at the very least they feel the offense would have much better rhythm and flow to it; it would allow him to hit those first reads with ease and allow guys to make plays after the catch. But when he gets a delayed start he becomes uncomfortable hitting a certain spot, which results in further improvisation (which was also the case in college). That needs to be corrected.

What I cannot speak to is what's in Zach's head. He's a tireless worker, great studier, and has all the skills. He's not an entitled brat the way he's characterized, but he certainly can come off as arrogant. He thinks he's the best- and a lot of athletes do have that edge to them. Problem is he plays with an ego and we have no idea what his confidence level is. 

Can I ask you a question, not sure if you can answer - or if I'm completely off.

My biggest concern with Zach - long term.  He seems unwilling, too often, to climb the pocket or take a big hit while throwing.   Seems to me the games where he is stepping up and opening himself up to hits are the games he plays the best.  He'll have one game, like Buffalo where he stood in the pocket, climbed it and played steady, high completion% football.

But then the next week he just seems afraid to climb the pocket or frankly, even throw the ball at all.  Guys are open and he seems to not trust his own eyes - is that because his feet are off?  Is that a concern too?

Am I off, or is there something there? 

Thanks again for your input - I do appreciate you bringing us this -  don't let these knuckleheads get to you.

17 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

One more thing, please, do us all a favor and stop playing the internet tough guy-it's such a cliche'd bunch of ridiculous BS. Keep it to football bro. You add enough good stuff that even I-28 didn't want to see you banned ands not be able to contribute to the discourse here-I agree with that sentiment. Thanks

I will attack when attacked. If you do want to be a douchebag and provoke then at least have the balls to put your real name on it. That's all I ask

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

I will attack when attacked. If you do want to be a douchebag and provoke then at least have the balls to put your real name on it. That's all I ask

Stop it dude, just stop and if you can't cool down close the page and go do something else for a while

• Upvote 2