MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

ZW is flashy but MW is productive and gets the job done.  He makes quick reads and is more than competent at completing short passes.  And he's not going to constantly just put our defense back on the field with 3-and-outs.  At least that's what I remember of him.  I'm really looking forward to Sunday.  I can't believe they're actually giving him a chance.  I thought the org hated him for some reason.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

ZW is flashy but MW is productive and gets the job done.  He makes quick reads and is more than competent at completing short passes.  And he's not going to constantly just put our defense back on the field with 3-and-outs.  At least that's what I remember of him.  I'm really looking forward to Sunday.  I can't believe they're actually giving him a chance.  I thought the org hated him for some reason.

I sure hope you are right, but MW had 5 TD's to 8 Int's last season. The way Jets fans talk about MW is that he is 2007 Tom Brady

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

6.2% int rate… “productive “

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

6.2% int rate… “productive “

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

To the other team? 

Zach Wilson defenders have NO right criticizing ANY NFL QB.

You defend and make excuses for one of the worst QBs in NFL history

WHAT DO YOU KNOW??????????

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

You can mark this down Mike White is going to be a damn good QB in this league and I think he's going to take over this job and never give it up. Its time for us to have one of these success stories and finally we have the team to do it. MW does not have to throw 50 TD's and he does not have to play scared he just has to move this offense like we saw him do when he played before. 
Ok .. so he just needs to be Trent Dilfer.. got it.

I'm hoping for him to play well enough to contribute to the team's journey into the post season ... Everything else is gravy.

Let's go Mr. White ... Your time is now. J. E T. S.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The Cincy all throws video also had some really bad throws.  (More noticeable than in the flow of the game) The Bills did that to lots of teams last season - but he threw too many picks last season.  

I was more concerned White looked like ASS in the preseason and the camp reports this year were not good.

His short game should provide a lift If he’s learned to throw less picks.  He’s a baseball pitcher so he’s got to have upside in throwing the ball down the field too.  If he has that worked out it could be fun.

The Bears is a good week to start him with a week of starter reps.

Bar none and without question the worst quarterback in training camp was Zach Wilson. 

Thing is, with our defense (as long as the picks don't come at the end of the game with the game on the line) you can get away with throwing picks as long as you're ALSO able to put up points. 

MW, from what we have already seen, has the ability to put the ball into playmakers hands. We have the weapons to score points. 

Zach simply couldn't do the most basic of throws on a consistent basis. I think we may be in for quite a ride with MW to close out the season...buckle up boys...

9 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Nothing would make me happier than to see Mike  White finally secure the QB position for the Jets. That said, he finished the season last year with 5 TDs and 8 Int's. He looked horrid in the pre season, and is a career backup. The next 3 games are Bears, Vikings and Bills. Bears are a complete cupcake defense, the Vikings and Bills are not. I don't quite get the notion that Mike White is so great, but I guess we will find out soon enough

Everybody keeps bringing up the 8 INT stat, I went and watched the film the Jets were down 24-3 in the 3rd quarter when White fired on a  post pattern and was picked off. Clearly he was trying to make big plays to get the Jets not even IN THE GAME, just to get closer to at least look respectable. and here (down below on YouTube) are the 2 from the Bengals game-both were in the Jets hands before they luckily bounced into the Bengals defenders. The complete opposite of what Zach did last week against NE. When you start with Well he had 5 TDs and 8 INTs you have to take things into account-who the opponent was, how crappy the Jets offense was. What was the score and what was he trying to do. Not even getting into a Kurt Warner type of breakdown

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

What excuse did I make? Just because Wilson sucks doesn’t mean white isn’t worse 

He can’t possibly be worse.. No one can be. Instead Wilson fanboys worrying about hurting the delicate little ego of Wilson, they don’t realize benching him is actually the best thing for him/jets. He is playing nowhere near Douglas and Saleh had envisioned when they drafted him. As Saleh said he let the fundamentals get away from him.

As starter he didn’t have time to really work on those baby steps a nfl qb must have down cold while he was too busy getting ready for next opponent. Now he can. As ML said scout team is for that for a struggling qb. He now has a chance to work on stuff and hopefully improve. He was already the worst qb in league so he only has one way to go ha. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Everybody keeps bringing up the 8 INT stat, I went and watched the film the Jets were down 24-3 in the 3rd quarter when White fired on a  post pattern and was picked off. Clearly he was trying to make big plays to get the Jets not even IN THE GAME, just to get closer to at least look respectable. and here (down below on YouTube) are the 2 from the Bengals game-both were in the Jets hands before they luckily bounced into the Bengals defenders. The complete opposite of what Zach did last week against NE. When you start with Well he had 5 TDs and 8 INTs you have to take things into account-who the opponent was, how crappy the Jets offense was. What was the score and what was he trying to do. Not even getting into a Kurt Warner type of breakdown

lol, so now we are quantifying good bad int's vs. not so bad int's.

Look, I root for the laundry, but this expectation that Mike White is the next coming is getting silly

• Upvote 1

I also wanted to find out the facts about the interceptions that Mike White threw last year; 

10/24/21 Jets at New England; White came in after  Wilson hurt his right knee Jets already down 2 TDs then he throws his first pick with 4:30 left in the 3rd quarter and the Jets down 34-13. His next pick with 1:14 left also in the 3rd Jets down 3 TDs, White sails one over Griffin's head and the ball is picked up off the turf by Kyle Duggar and ruled an interception.

The second one happened on the next series the Patriots were hanging back just waiting for White to try and make throws. It's amazing he only had 2 picks the second one a great defensive play

So that 2 interceptions with both thrown with the Jets down by 3 TDs at the  end of the 3rd quarter. Mike White's stat line read:

20-32 202 62.5 Comp % 1 TD 2 INTs and a QBR of 57.0

10/31/21 Bengals vs Jets; at home both interceptions came on tipped passes that came off of Jets receivers hands straight into the arms of shocked Bengals defenders

37-45 405 82.2 Comp. % 3 TDs 2 INT and a QBR of 58.1

11/4/2021 Jets at Indianapolis; Before hurting his throwing hand on a Colts' helmet White goes

7-11 95 63.6 1 TD 0 INTs and a QBR of 93.6

11/14/21 Bills at Jets; Playing a much better team the Jets get smoked by the Bills and Mike White has his worst statistical game as a pro. As I said earlier in the thread White's 1st INT was a typical pro QB interception-they happen. The next 3 the Bills were already playing "YEE HAW  WE'RE IN A ROUT!" defense and White starts throwing picks trying to somehow get things going with the Jets down by 3 TDs

24-44 251 0 TDs 4 INTs and  a QBR of 31.8

So,  by my count Mike White threw 6 of his 8 INTs with the Jets down by at least 3 TDs and 2 others came off of Jets receivers' hands into the waiting arms of shocked Bengals defenders. So as The Old Professor used to say "You can look it up"

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

lol, so now we are quantifying good bad int's vs. not so bad int's.

Look, I root for the laundry, but this expectation that Mike White is the next coming is getting silly

Frank, there a big difference between throwing an interception in a tie ballgame in the 1st half and that of throwing them when your crappy team is 3 TDs behind like 3 of the 4 against Buffalo and the 2 in the 3rd quarter of the Pats 54-13 routcoming in cold off the bench in relief of ZW's injured right knee. in a 34-13 game. If you can't see a big difference than you don't understand the game.  Only reason I bring this up is because all of these people keep saying "he throws too many interceptions" "He SUCKS" I decided to do a little research work and find out the reasons why he had 8 picks to "only" 5 Touchdown passes. (Wait, how many does Wilson have now again?)

It just occurred to me that Saleh timed his benching of Zach to occur literally the day before Zach has to sit around his helicopter parents’ table at Thanksgiving in grim silence. You can’t convince me that the org—from the top down—isn’t happy to expunge the entire Team Wilson experience from their building. 

Making the move to White was the right thing to do for this team, this season. 

But lets not lose sight of the fact that Mike White has never taken every snap in an NFL football game.  He has played 4 games.  Came in after Wilson went down against NE last year, and in each of his 3 starts, he missed some time.  Josh Johnson replaced him for a series or two against Cincy and he left his starts against Indy and Buffalo with injury.  If he wants to prove he can be a starter or even a long term back-up in this league, he will need to provie his is durable enough to finish what he starts.

• Upvote 2