MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It just occurred to me that Saleh timed his benching of Zach to occur literally the day before Zach has to sit around his helicopter parents’ table at Thanksgiving in grim silence. You can’t convince me that the org—from the top down—isn’t happy to expunge the entire Team Wilson experience from their building. 

Bored Married With Children GIF

you into the Irish coffee or still up from a coke bender ? ?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Larz said:

The more I think about it the more I wonder if they did the right thing at the wrong time.  

Getting Fant back and potentially Herbig and Davis, weak pass defenses coming up. 

kinda sets the stage to get locked into a mid QB at the expense of the bimbo with a golden arm. 

obviously it would be nice if Zach wasn’t a bimbo but there definitely a jetsy possibility here  

With that said let’s go MW !

BEST time to do it.  Zach needed to plant his ass on the bench.  PERIOD.

Weak defense can now be a confidence builder for Mike White, who will probably be playing against the Vikings and the Bills.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

BEST time to do it.  Zach needed to plant his ass on the bench.  PERIOD.

Weak defense can now be a confidence builder for Mike White, who will probably be playing against the Vikings and the Bills.  

That’s my point. It’s not a good thing to get locked into a mid QB with average talent who can take you all the way to the hamster wheel of mediocrity 

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

Making the move to White was the right thing to do for this team, this season. 

But lets not lose sight of the fact that Mike White has never taken every snap in an NFL football game.  He has played 4 games.  Came in after Wilson went down against NE last year, and in each of his 3 starts, he missed some time.  Josh Johnson replaced him for a series or two against Cincy and he left his starts against Indy and Buffalo with injury.  If he wants to prove he can be a starter or even a long term back-up in this league, he will need to provie his is durable enough to finish what he starts.

This was why he was on the sidelines it was an obvious late and dirty hit and MW's head bounced off the turf. It had NOTHING to do with your implication of him being "soft" The big surprise was that the Jets actually got a call on a late hit on a Jets QB, which Zach Wilson NEVER seems to get. The play in question starts at around 8:40 the dude leads with his head like a rocket

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 10.35.49 AM.jpg

Zach was 4-1 on the road, 4-2 overall since coming back.  The 2 losses to the Pats, are difficult and disappointing to deal with. No doubt. But he didn't play well in those 2 games either. That's totally on him.  At the same time, this offense isn't the same without AVT and Breece Hall. We were running the ball really well and it caused defenses headaches and opened up passing lanes. Now, zero run game and these defenses are just teeing off.  And Corey Davis being out has really hurt since he is Zach's go to WR. JD will resign him.  Not making excuses, it's just the facts.  We all knew when Breece and AVT went down, the playoffs was a far fetched reality.  Zach is NOT Aaron Rodgers. He cannot take over a game by himself at this point in his career.  Maybe he never will but he did play fairly well since returning from his injury this year up until the Pats games.  I just think this whole thing is being totally magnified out of control.  You don't give up on a #2 pick that quickly. Its just not done. GM's will give a top pick 3-4 years before cutting ties.  In his first year, Zach came in and the team was an absolute mess.   Last year he was injured and played crappy but came back in 2nd half and played decent and made a lot of progress.  It's a learning curve. JD is NOT going to cut him loose.  It was the right move to bench him.  This aint a quick fix. This team has made monumental progress as far as I'm concerned and is exactly what I was hoping for.

Just now, Maynard13 said:

At the same time, this offense isn't the same without AVT and Breece Hall. We were running the ball really well and it caused defenses headaches and opened up passing lanes. Now, zero run game and these defenses are just teeing off. 

We ran all over the Bills - a top 10 run defence - just two weeks ago. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Maynard13 said:

And how did we do running against the Pats in both those games?  Constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long.  It's like 2 different teams playing this year without Breece and AVT.

Belichick is renowned for taking away the opponents strength. They actively wanted Zach throwing the ball downfield and we all seen why.

Hard to know where the run game is until we get a bigger sample size - If we get stuffed against the Bears then it's f*cked. 

• Upvote 1

I think it’s pretty obvious they’re going to need to have veteran competition for Wilson next season and with a guy who knows the system in house it’s good to give White his late season shot to see if he can be that guy in a way you feel good about. Either White plays well enough that he heads into next TC as the favorite competing Wilson and a draft pick and we see where things fall or they move on and bring in another vet.

Additionally, I think with the offense not being run effectively or appropriately last week it’s basically impossible to evaluate other players - namely the WR’s they’ve invested top two round picks in for three consecutive years. That’s important info for team building. Important to be able to see the offense run as intended and see what they have in those guys. Best case they make it clear they can fill a role in the offense for next year, slightly worse is they’re a misfit but recoup a little value as potential trade pieces (Moore, Mims). Mims could mean they can move on from Davis. And of course best case for Garrett Wilson is that he looks like a superstar down the stretch. Make this an appealing group for a veteran QB to throw to.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Belichick is renowned for taking away the opponents strength. They actively wanted Zach throwing the ball downfield and we all seen why.

Hard to know where the run game is until we get a bigger sample size - If we get stuffed against the Bears then it's f*cked. 

Yep. Belichick..

Step 1. Take away run 

Step 2. Take away G. Wilson 

Step 3. Profit 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Belicheat does that to all raw QB's. Nothing new there. Herbert has looked like a lamb against the Pats. We were running wild with Breece and the OL wasn't even at full strength.  With a raw QB like Zach, you must have a stable OL and running game.  This is not black and white or Mike White. It's having all the pieces in place, You cant expect too much from a kid who just is inexperienced as Zach is. Was it a reach to take him at #2? Yes I think so. But JD's thinking, and that's what counts, its having a vision to field a competitive playoff team in 4 /5 years.  he's way ahead of the curve.  Zach is his pet project. he will give him time.  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bar none and without question the worst quarterback in training camp was Zach Wilson. 

Are you sure this isn’t revisionist history? I’ve seen the “sources” reports too but there were people tweeting stats.  The practice reports made it sound like Mike White was the worst.  I don’t know.  I wasn’t there but it didn’t sound great at the time. 

32 minutes ago, derp said:

I think it’s pretty obvious they’re going to need to have veteran competition for Wilson next season and with a guy who knows the system in house it’s good to give White his late season shot to see if he can be that guy in a way you feel good about. Either White plays well enough that he heads into next TC as the favorite competing Wilson and a draft pick and we see where things fall or they move on and bring in another vet.

Additionally, I think with the offense not being run effectively or appropriately last week it’s basically impossible to evaluate other players - namely the WR’s they’ve invested top two round picks in for three consecutive years. That’s important info for team building. Important to be able to see the offense run as intended and see what they have in those guys. Best case they make it clear they can fill a role in the offense for next year, slightly worse is they’re a misfit but recoup a little value as potential trade pieces (Moore, Mims). Mims could mean they can move on from Davis. And of course best case for Garrett Wilson is that he looks like a superstar down the stretch. Make this an appealing group for a veteran QB to throw to.

Agree 100%. I don’t think Mike White is the long term answer either, but I’m happy that the organization is at least conceding that the long term answer may not be on the roster and they are willing to change things up to see if the offense improves and to get a better look at the (potential) studs the offense has at WR.

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Frank, there a big difference between throwing an interception in a tie ballgame in the 1st half and that of throwing them when your crappy team is 3 TDs behind like 3 of the 4 against Buffalo and the 2 in the 3rd quarter of the Pats 54-13 routcoming in cold off the bench in relief of ZW's injured right knee. in a 34-13 game. If you can't see a big difference than you don't understand the game.  Only reason I bring this up is because all of these people keep saying "he throws too many interceptions" "He SUCKS" I decided to do a little research work and find out the reasons why he had 8 picks to "only" 5 Touchdown passes. (Wait, how many does Wilson have now again?)

Just stop, please. The only big difference is if you hate the QB or love the QB for the time being. If you hate the QB, you look for reasons to trash them, if you love the QB, you look for reasons to defend them. The rest is nosnsense.

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Just stop, please. The only big difference is if you hate the QB or love the QB for the time being. If you hate the QB, you look for reasons to trash them, if you love the QB, you look for reasons to defend them. The rest is nosnsense.

Nonsense is any poster who needs to use "love" or "hate" in their posts.

It's an easy way to know not to take them seriously.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

why do you reply to someone who you don't take seriously?

Why not?  Mocking little girly drama attitudes like yours is fun at times.

Hint:  If your post is centralized around, and requires you, to decry people who "hate" a player you "love", it's a bad post

Be better.  Don't whine at me.  Just be better.

If you think Zach is a good QB, or will be a good QB, cite reasons why he is good or will be good. 

Cite statistics that support your reasons why he is good.  Or some other facts.  Don't reference "haters", just stick to SOME form of fact about the player.

Make an adult argument, don't act like a 13 year old girl screaming "leave Brittney alone!"

If you don't, or can't, that is on you.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Why not?  Mocking little girly drama attitudes like yours is fun at times.

Hint:  If your post is centralized around, and requires you, to decry people who "hate" a player you "love", it's a bad post

Be better.  Don't whine at me.  Just be better.

If you think Zach is a good QB, or will be a good QB, cite reasons why he is good or will be good. 

Cite statistics that support your reasons why he is good.  Or some other facts.  Don't reference "haters", just stick to SOME form of fact about the player.

Make an adult argument, don't act like a 13 year old girl screaming "leave Brittney alone!"

If you don't, or can't, that is on you.  

l o f'ng l. the only little girl is you, boo hoo, you didnt get fields so you acted like a whiny little bitch from day 1. No one cares, you are like the 3rd or 4th biggest clown on this site. And thats impressive given the clownery on this site. Carry on clown, and happy thanksgiving

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Leaving Zach out of this, what part of 5 td and 8 int screams quarterbacking savant to you?

In His first game Mike White was forced to come into the Patriots game cold off the bench after Zach Wilson hurts his right knee, Jets are already down 17-0 By the time he throws his 1st INT was after he threw a TD pass to Cory Davis making it 17-7 in the 2nd Quarter  the first of his 2 INTs happened late in the 3rd period when the Jets were down by 3 TDs  and he tried forcing one in with the NE defenders sitting back licking their chops, just waiting. Throws another in the next series late in the 3rd by then the rout was on

His 2nd game vs Cindy he had two INTs and BOTH occurred after the passes has gone through the Jets receivers hands and right into the Bengals defenders shocked and open arms-TWICE! 

His 4th and final game that he threw 4 picks in was another rout and 3 of the 4 interceptions happen when the scores in the 3rd quarter were  24-3, 31-3, and 38-10

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

l o f'ng l. the only little girl is you, boo hoo, you didnt get fields so you acted like a whiny little bitch from day 1. No one cares, you are like the 3rd or 4th biggest clown on this site. And thats impressive given the clownery on this site. Carry on clown, and happy thanksgiving

iVEZW.jpg&ehk=EnPa1ARsN3tkYMeO4GNE1FdWft

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

In His first game Mike White was forced to come into the Patriots game cold off the bench after Zach Wilson hurts his right knee, Jets are already down 17-0 By the time he throws his 1st INT was after he threw a TD pass to Cory Davis making it 17-7 in the 2nd Quarter  the first of his 2 INTs happened late in the 3rd period when the Jets were down by 3 TDs  and he tried forcing one in with the NE defenders sitting back licking their chops, just waiting. Throws another in the next series late in the 3rd by then the rout was on

His 2nd game vs Cindy he had two INTs and BOTH occurred after the passes has gone through the Jets receivers hands and right into the Bengals defenders shocked and open arms-TWICE! 

His 4th and final game that he threw 4 picks in was another rout and 3 of the 4 interceptions happen when the scores in the 3rd quarter were  24-3, 31-3, and 38-10

That's just like, your opinion, man

24 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You know nothing about me dude-I've been a Jets fan for my whole life and I have rooted for every QB who ever took a snap from Joe Namath to Al Woodall, Richard Todd, Kenny O to Vinny, to Chad to Mark to Clemens to Darnold to Wilson-I wanted every one of them to succeed and now I want Mike White to win us a Super Bowl and when Wilson-IF he comes back I'll continue to root for him-You see what you guys don't seem to understand about being a true Jets fan is this, We are for every person who wears our uniforms and helmets not WHO is wearing them

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That's just like, your opinion, man

It's not an opinion Duderino what I wrote is facts come to by opening the books watching the videos and doing the research  before I post anything so as not to look like an idiot in front of the people who I have respected on this site since it started

• Upvote 1

The QB has to move the chains. Points will come. But priority one is keeping the drive, alive. Control time of possession. Worse case scenario, third and long, execute a play that puts special teams in an ideal situation so the punter can pin 'em back, and give your defense an advantage. When the QB damns the statistics and makes bad decisions accordingly. his teammates are going to get mad at him. Then bad things occur when their unit is on the field. Then the finger pointing starts. 

That's when a leader (the QB) steps up and takes all the blame, whether it's on him, or not. The leader doesn't respond to all the finger pointing declaring "yeah, I screwed up but---" No. No "but". That just throws gasoline on the fire. 

Well, somebody has to put the fire out, and if the leader doesn't have the sense to act accordingly, he needs to be replaced. 

You know Warfish I wish Sooth hadn't sold out Jets Insider, leaving JetNation as the ONLY other Jets message board left We wouldn't have to put up with people making these blanket statements about us as if they have any idea about our posting histories or questioning what kind of Jets fans we are. When guys start talking about oh you've hated so and so for so long. I think it started with Tim Tebow becoming a Jet

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1