MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I get ya, but I don't think that's specific to old JI, or us now being on JN.  The good posters, and the majority I think, here at JN all know guys like you and I go back a long ways, have been loyal fans a long time, just want to win, root the laundry, etc.  I feel Max has given us ol' JI guys a great home, and that this community is mostly a great one.   

I just think it's a very small subset of very emo posters who see things through the prism of love/hate, rather than wins/losses/production.  For them, it's all very deeply personal, they invest their emo souls into these QB's as if they were they brothers or mothers, they "love" these players (to use their language) before the players have earned any love on the field, and they become so deeply invested, anyone critical of their beloved player is a just full of "hate", and the desired end result (a Super Bowl win!) gets lost in their personal emotional investment.  Worse, over time (like so many things in today's society) it becomes a "pick your side, us vs. them" thing, where these guys start seeing other Jets fans as "worse" than Pats fans for not "loving" Player X enough.  Even sillier, they start blaming "bad fans" lack of "love" for WHY the player doesn't rise to the greatness they think they should.

It's all very emo millennial.  What surprises me if how many of these types of folks are actually as old or older than you and I!  In fairness, they want to win too, I don't doubt that, but they wrap that up into one guy, and hold on to the fantasy hard, even in spite of tangible results to the contrary.  As someone here once said, there are fans who take their frustrations out on the team, and fans who take their frustrations out on other fans of the team, lol.  

Excellent post

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

You know nothing about me dude-I've been a Jets fan for my whole life and I have rooted for every QB who ever took a snap from Joe Namath to Al Woodall, Richard Todd, Kenny O to Vinny, to Chad to Mark to Clemens to Darnold to Wilson-I wanted every one of them to succeed and now I want Mike White to win us a Super Bowl and when Wilson-IF he comes back I'll continue to root for him-You see what you guys don't seem to understand about being a true Jets fan is this, We are for every person who wears our uniforms and helmets not WHO is wearing them

sure, keep telling yourself that bud

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

This was why he was on the sidelines it was an obvious late and dirty hit and MW's head bounced off the turf. It had NOTHING to do with your implication of him being "soft" The big surprise was that the Jets actually got a call on a late hit on a Jets QB, which Zach Wilson NEVER seems to get. The play in question starts at around 8:40 the dude leads with his head like a rocket

I was not implying anything.  I am happy he is starting Sunday and 100% think it is the right move, as I have stated several times in several threads over the last 24 hours.  If you want to be a starting QB in this league, or even a long-term back up, then you have to be able to prove that you can take hits and stay in the game.  Something he has not been able to prove in any of his starts last year.  Hopefuly he plays well and proves his durability in coming weeks.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

In His first game Mike White was forced to come into the Patriots game cold off the bench after Zach Wilson hurts his right knee, Jets are already down 17-0 By the time he throws his 1st INT was after he threw a TD pass to Cory Davis making it 17-7 in the 2nd Quarter  the first of his 2 INTs happened late in the 3rd period when the Jets were down by 3 TDs  and he tried forcing one in with the NE defenders sitting back licking their chops, just waiting. Throws another in the next series late in the 3rd by then the rout was on

His 2nd game vs Cindy he had two INTs and BOTH occurred after the passes has gone through the Jets receivers hands and right into the Bengals defenders shocked and open arms-TWICE! 

His 4th and final game that he threw 4 picks in was another rout and 3 of the 4 interceptions happen when the scores in the 3rd quarter were  24-3, 31-3, and 38-10

Fact.

And I don't really care to hear Chris Simms and other detractors ramble on about how White doesn't or hasn't thrown longer passes. 

He seems to be able to move the ball downfield and if you do that enough you'll ultimately end up in the endzone.

If he can do that 2 or 3 times a game - we should pick up some more wins.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He's a poor man's Pennington, but smart and accurate and gets the basic right. 

Zach is a rocket armed dunce that can't hit a screen or wheel route. 

Why not have a poor man’s Pennington that can run the ball like a tank. Who’s just as fast, and more bruising than Fields. Just seems we want to run a WCO, with the threat of a running QB, and March guys out there that don’t exactly fit the profile. 

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

I get ya, but I don't think that's specific to old JI, or us now being on JN.  The good posters, and the majority I think, here at JN all know guys like you and I go back a long ways, have been loyal fans a long time, just want to win, root the laundry, etc.  I feel Max has given us ol' JI guys a great home, and that this community is mostly a great one.   

I just think it's a very small subset of very emo posters who see things through the prism of love/hate, rather than wins/losses/production.  For them, it's all very deeply personal, they invest their emo souls into these QB's as if they were they brothers or mothers, they "love" these players (to use their language) before the players have earned any love on the field, and they become so deeply invested, anyone critical of their beloved player is a just full of "hate", and the desired end result (a Super Bowl win!) gets lost in their personal emotional investment.  Worse, over time (like so many things in today's society) it becomes a "pick your side, us vs. them" thing, where these guys start seeing other Jets fans as "worse" than Pats fans for not "loving" Player X enough.  Even sillier, they start blaming "bad fans" lack of "love" for WHY the player doesn't rise to the greatness they think they should.

It's all very emo millennial.  What surprises me if how many of these types of folks are actually as old or older than you and I!  In fairness, they want to win too, I don't doubt that, but they wrap that up into one guy, and hold on to the fantasy hard, even in spite of tangible results to the contrary.  As someone here once said, there are fans who take their frustrations out on the team, and fans who take their frustrations out on other fans of the team, lol.  

Love, love, love this post.

I really hate those people.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The players love Mike White. The players will play hard for Mike White. Mike White. 

028A0AA5-AF33-4FA1-A475-8CADC3BAEE35.jpeg

Mike White was inactive for a few games ... he didn't cry or complain. He was activated and had to sit and watch terrible QB play as did the entire team . White always had Zach's back and I'm hoping Zach will return the favor since they call themselves friends. I'm sure the entire team will have Mike Whites back based on his actions alone. I expect the Jets and the fans to come out with a lot of energy on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike White was inactive for a few games ... he didn't cry or complain. He was activated and had to sit and watch terrible QB play as did the entire team . White always had Zach's back and I'm hoping Zach will return the favor since they call themselves friends. I'm sure the entire team will have Mike Whites back based on his actions alone. I expect the Jets and the fans to come out with a lot of energy on Sunday.

48-3 Jets. Lock it up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2