So Whats Zach's Next Step ?

Smashmouth

I'll start off by saying this, if there is a presser for him (and there might not be ) to take questions on this situation, he absolutely must come to grips with his play and take full responsibility for it. I think it is extremely Important for him to come out and take this directly on his shoulders. He does not have to speak of the team or team flaws he needs to be accountable for playing bad. If he does that then he's moving in the right direction. If he takes this approach, no matter how he feels, his teammates will respect him and be open to another shot in the future. This could very well be the turning point in his career I know its early but everyone on that team is going to be looking at where his head is and if he has the ability to be a true leader. 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'll start off by saying this, if there is a presser for him (and there might not be ) to take questions on this situation, he absolutely must come to grips with his play and take full responsibility for it. I think it is extremely Important for him to come out and take this directly on his shoulders. He does not have to speak of the team or team flaws he needs to be accountable for playing bad. If he does that then he's moving in the right direction. If he takes this approach, no matter how he feels, his teammates will respect him and be open to another shot in the future. This could very well be the turning point in his career I know its early but everyone on that team is going to be looking at where his head is and if he has the ability to be a true leader. 

They need to let him go home to cry to momma.. I’m sure he is pissed, but if he wasn’t pissed about being benched that would be more concerning..

4 minutes ago, TBJ said:

He's statistically the worst QB in the league 2 years in a row.

Next step should be hot dog vendor.

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They need to let him go home to cry to momma.. I’m sure he is pissed, but if he wasn’t pissed about being benched that would be more concerning..

I really didn't want this to turn into a joke thread. this is about the mental portion of the game that most of the time eludes QB's Zach has to realize all his teammates and coaches will have him under the microscope now and he had better act accordingly. This will play a bigger role than him playing bad to this point I hope he gets that in his head he has too much talent to play as bad as he's playing.

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

?????????

DAMN

Not wrong. He should never have touched the field until yr 3. And that is only if he earned it.. He was more of a 3rd or 4th rounder. Somehow just after a nice throw in combine, he somehow shoots all way up to number 2. He sure looks like a totally different type of number 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I really didn't want this to turn into a joke thread. this is about the mental portion of the game that most of the time eludes QB's Zach has to realize all his teammates and coaches will have him under the microscope now and he had better act accordingly. This will play a bigger role than him playing bad to this point I hope he gets that in his head he has too much talent to play as bad as he's playing.

I wasn’t kidding.. He needed a intervention. On/off field both no where near good enough for NFL qb. Hope he realizes that now, and maybe family is best for him for few days..

What I hope happens:

1) Takes back his comment and says it was a heat of the moment thing. Takes ownership of the lousy offensive play

2) Talks about how he needs to work on his fundamentals from footwork to reading the right keys

3) Says he is going to put his head down and work

4) Actually fixes his fundamentals during the rest of the year

• Upvote 3

He needs to be a good soldier, put in work, and wait.

He was obviously mad about something but he wasn’t executing what they gave him. He’s in a bunch of inexperienced peoples hands so he’s probably right about whatever he was mad about - but it doesn’t matter.

He needs to fix himself before he worries about the rest.  Get working the footwork hard and fall in love with the game again.  Ignore the noise.  There is nothing else for him to do now.  

And when he comes back give short “don’t fine me” coach speak interviews.  Say the right thing and get out ASAP.  Honeymoon is over with the NY media in both directions.  

I still believe but he’s put himself in a tough place.  Time for him to ignore the noise and work on his footwork.

• Upvote 2

He needs to come to work, fix what he can, then compete to get back on the field.

Also, lol at Tiki's take. I'm old enough to remember him reinventing himself when he couldn't stop putting the ball on the carpet. Cognitive dissonance is a real, frustrating, and disturbing thing to watch as a serf. 

• Upvote 1