Wilson press conference

40 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaooo 

Did anyone expect this ass**** to anything but this?

I bet that entire locker room rolled their eyes when he came in there with that half hearted “apology”

https://nypost.com/2022/11/23/zach-wilsons-dad-told-him-of-jets-press-conference-misstep/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

good call on the eye rolling

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

“Zach spoke to me after the game after he slipped up and said what he said and he apologized and said he didn’t mean it like that, that he was just frustrated,’’ Reed told The Post. “He wasn’t trying to show up the defense. I didn’t take it personal. A lot of guys didn’t take it personal.”

Very telling and shows how many on the team really feel about him, many are over Zach Wilson in that locker room 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 5
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

“Zach spoke to me after the game after he slipped up and said what he said and he apologized and said he didn’t mean it like that, that he was just frustrated,’’ Reed told The Post. “He wasn’t trying to show up the defense. I didn’t take it personal. A lot of guys didn’t take it personal.”

Very telling and shows how many on the team really feel about him, many are over Zach Wilson in that locker room 

Your quote and reply make no sense. Unless you mean they are over the press conference nonsense.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

In all seriousness, what are you even trying to say here? Reed’s quote does nothing to support your point that the lockerroom is “over him”. 

43 minutes ago, rldev said:

Your quote and reply make no sense. Unless you mean they are over the press conference nonsense.

Smfh 

LETS TAKE IT SLOW FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK…

Saying a lot of people didn’t take it personal is implying that there were people who did take it personal.

Get it now ?

• Thumb Down 6
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wit said:

He was angry and was being an a hole to hughes. He wasn't mature enough to recognize that their JOBS are to get a quote out of these guys. 

But the thing is was lot more than presser. the players have said it’s been his attitude for a while. And of course we can’t verify that as fact. But his arrogant rants about “ anybody who is not in the building has no idea what they are talking about. “ well it seems we do dude, and even your coach says you are all out of wack ha. But it’s a learning experience, he wasn’t going to improve if he didn’t accept there was a problem first.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rldev said:

Reed said A LOT of guys didn't take it personally. You stating the above, implies that your many > Reed's a lot. In fact, you took it to infer that it's many. A lot is, well, a lot. Your many is whatever is in your head. 

38 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Smfh 

LETS TAKE IT SLOW FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK…

Saying a lot of people didn’t take it personal is implying that there were people who did take it personal.

Get it now ?

It's not implying it, it's stating it. Otherwise he would've said no one took it personally. He said a lot didn't. If anything, that implies a few people did. If he gets any more specific, the questions get more difficult to avoid answering without creating more drama. So, unless you're the dramatic type, I think you can understand that this was handled appropriately. Or maybe you really like novellas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Reed said A LOT of guys didn't take it personally. You stating the above, implies that your many > Reed's a lot. In fact, you took it to infer that it's many. A lot is, well, a lot. Your many is whatever is in your head. 

It's not implying it, it's stating it. Otherwise he would've said no one took it personally. He said a lot didn't. If anything, that implies a few people did. If he gets any more specific, the questions get more difficult to avoid answering without creating more drama. So, unless you're the dramatic type, I think you can understand that this was handled appropriately. Or maybe you really like novellas. 

Yeah, there is a lot of young and im sure immature guys in defense just like Zach is.  I'm sure once Zach stepped back, or even before hand actually knew he let down everyone.  But was just in such a whirlwind in his head he tried to be "tough" with the question not realizing how crappy it was.

I cant even imagine cameras veing stuck in my face like that surely during one of the worst days of my life.

Not defending the comment, only trying to rationalize why he could have possibly made that mistake.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Players and coaches are never at their best following a bad loss and then being interviewed before they even hit the showers.  I'd be happy if they did away with these interviews 10 seconds after a game thing.

Football is a very emotional game so you rarely get good stuff from the losers.

I've said the same thing from day 1... what REALLY is the necessity to immediately interview someone over a highly emotional situation other than being a "Gotcha" moment... The NFL is doing their players a Major Disservice by allowing this... Parameters should be implemented for the media to do their interviews after showers & players are dressed... If the reporters complain about it, they can go FU(K Themselves... Personally, I Believe some of the LOWEST SCUM OF THE EARTH ARE REPORTERS... Sports or otherwise. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I have been anti ZW because of his play on the field. I think it was stupid of him to say "no" in the interview after the game but he is only 22 and still very young. What people forget is human beings make mistakes sometimes. He didn't even realize it and when he did he addressed the team. This is not the crime of the century. Lets move on now. 

Excellent take. ZW has some growing up to do for sure, and hopefully this gives him the opportunity to do that. He seems like a pretty good guy and has the talent for sure. Put in the work and let’s see what happens. If he was my kid I would be pretty proud of how he handled himself today. Nice first step if you ask me.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Wit said:

He was angry and was being an a hole to hughes. He wasn't mature enough to recognize that their JOBS are to get a quote out of these guys. 

I completely disagree. The beat writers job is to cover the team.  It has evolved in NY to a perceived need to create controversy and/or a game of gotcha when they try to get a quote that creates controversy and earns clicks.  The Jets beat writers a bunch of negative parasites that add no good information in their coverage.  

• Sympathy 1

the most disturbing part is when a 23 year old man needed to be told by his father that he was being a jerk 

and he didn't realize it before that 

his ego is the biggest problem with his game. the fact that Zach thinks he knows best when really like jon snow he knows nothing 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, bitonti said:

the most disturbing part is when a 23 year old man needed to be told by his father that he was being a jerk 

and he didn't realize it before that 

his ego is the biggest problem with his game. the fact that Zach thinks he knows best when really like jon snow he knows nothing 

Did you ever play sports at any level including like playground ball? 

• Upvote 2

Watched the Zach PC, and I’ve got to say that the NYJ in this instance handled this In exactly the only way they should have. 

after making face with the guys, they’ve made him work his way back up the chain. I’m hopeful he will, because his abilities are there. Let him decompress, focus on his game and fundamentals. Maybe he learned a thing or two about accountability. 

it is what it is, and he’s a long shot to make it back…but if he does, he’ll be a better QB, man and teammate. It will be interesting to watch. 

• Upvote 3

I must say when I first heard about Zach’s postgame comments I was still angry about the loss and his statements made me feel like he was the worst scum of the earth. 
I realized that what I was feeling and reacting was probably similar to Zach, only his were likely more amplified. 
He’s young, and while his comments were not ok, I am starting to think more and more that he was saying it in a tough mental state. At least that’s what I hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1