The biggest difference we'll notice on Sunday

WhartonJet

2 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Mike White won't take sacks at anywhere near the rate Zach Wilson has in the first 2 years of his career.

The ball will be out quickly and with a purpose.

2021 - Zach sacked 44 times in 427 dropbacks (Sacked on 10.2% of dropbacks) STAGGERINGLY BAD

2022 - Zach sacked 16 times in 205 dropbacks (Sacked on 7.8% of dropbacks)

Overall - Zach sacked 60 times in 633 dropbacks (Sacked on 9.5% of dropbacks)

This stat is made worse by the fact that Zach has also thrown the ball away a bunch of times to avoid sacks which is part of the reason for his abysmal career 55.6% completion percentage.  

By comparison, albeit in a small sample size, here are Mike White's numbers from last year

2021 - Mike White sacked 4 times in 136 dropbacks (Sacked on 2.9% of dropbacks)

This goes along with a 66.7% completion percentage.  I bet this difference jumps off the screen to us on Sunday

Chicago is 2nd from last in sacks, this isnt really the game to judge anything on tbh. Lets see what happens the following 2 weeks

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Sacks have not been a big problem this year, year one yes. 

If you want to talk sacks talk about the guy we are facing.  Fields had 36 sacks in 12 games last year and has been sacked 40 times this year already.

Even with improvement from last year, Zach is being sacked on almost 8% of dropbacks this year which would place us #23 out of 32 teams.  That is a problem.  The raw sack numbers are lower because we don't pass as much as other teams.  This 8% number is also misleading because Zach just rolls out and throws the ball away so often which drives his completion % down.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

This has nothing to do with Chicago.  The sack numbers for Zach are across 20 starts against good and bad defenses.  This is just the way Zach plays whether the defense is good or not.  We will see noticeable improvement in this area from Mike White no matter who the opponent is

But it does have a lot to do against Chicago, lets see how Mike White does against a team with some semblance of a pass rush. hopefully its good

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

We're gonna run the ball, play great defense and not pass very much.

@TuscanyTile2 will call it a failure of the qb

I think we'll pass more than we did under ZW.  And I expect more completions and yards plus better RAC (due to MW's accuracy).  I also expect our TOP to improve.  And I expect MW to be competent, in general.    

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we'll pass more than we did under ZW.  And I expect more completions and yards plus better RAC (due to MW's accuracy).  I also expect our TOP to improve.  And I expect MW to be competent, in general.    

Yeah no sh*t. We're playing bad pass defenses now and teams that can actually score.

The difference will be how the YAC by GWil, Moore, Berrios on screens and crossing routes accumulate in a positive manner due to the quick and accurate passes by White. TEs may also be used as better check downs as well. 

we’ll get to see the passing offense function on a basic level and hopefully open up the run game as a result. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The difference will be how the YAC by GWil, Moore, Berrios on screens and crossing routes accumulate in a positive manner due to the quick and accurate passes by White. TEs may also be used as better check downs as well. 

we’ll get to see the passing offense function on a basic level and hopefully open up the run game as a result. 

Serious. Tom. Brady. Vibes. 

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sacks have not been a big problem this year, year one yes. 

If you want to talk sacks talk about the guy we are facing.  Fields had 36 sacks in 12 games last year and has been sacked 40 times this year already.

Im predicting Jermaine Johnson for 2 and Bryce Huff for 2... if Fields plays. He thinks he will be scrambling but those guys are fast as ****.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ironically, taking too many sacks, slow processing, slow setup, staying on first read too long, lacking feel for pressure off the edges, and dropping his eyes to look at pass rushers were some of Mike White’s weaknesses when drafted.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mike-white/32005748-4936-7864-3ac7-015862958e61

Back when he was Zachs age.... hmm. 

8 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Mike White won't take sacks at anywhere near the rate Zach Wilson has in the first 2 years of his career.

The ball will be out quickly and with a purpose.

2021 - Zach sacked 44 times in 427 dropbacks (Sacked on 10.2% of dropbacks) STAGGERINGLY BAD

2022 - Zach sacked 16 times in 205 dropbacks (Sacked on 7.8% of dropbacks)

Overall - Zach sacked 60 times in 633 dropbacks (Sacked on 9.5% of dropbacks)

This stat is made worse by the fact that Zach has also thrown the ball away a bunch of times to avoid sacks which is part of the reason for his abysmal career 55.6% completion percentage.  

By comparison, albeit in a small sample size, here are Mike White's numbers from last year

2021 - Mike White sacked 4 times in 136 dropbacks (Sacked on 2.9% of dropbacks)

This goes along with a 66.7% completion percentage.  I bet this difference jumps off the screen to us on Sunday

Zach Wilson int%, 2.8%
Mike white int %, 6.1%

• Haha 1