What I do NOT want to hear from Mike White this Week

Warfish

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"I shoulda been a #1 pick" or anything remotely akin to that.

It's rare a player of limited physical talent like MW gets a second chance to earn a starting job in the NFL.

Don't be a schmuck Mike.  Don't tell us how good you think you are.  SHOW US.  Then show us some more.

Just play well, and the narrative will write itself.  Lets others speak well of you, you don't need to do it.

Less words.  More deeds.  

And it might help if you could get through at least one game with 1. getting hurt or 2. throwing several INT's.

Good luck Sunday, this is an amazing opportunity for you. 

Grab it, and don't let go.  Step 1, beat Chicago.

That's the deal with this whole team tbh. Sick of hearing how good they are and watching games like last Sundays.. Go out and play productive, mistake free football and win some games.. Then the world will know how good you are.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's rare a player of limited physical talent like MW gets a second chance to earn a starting job in the NFL.

Don't be a schmuck Mike.  Don't tell us how good you think you are.  SHOW US.  Then show us some more.

Just play well, and the narrative will write itself.  Lets others speak well of you, you don't need to do it.

Less words.  More deeds.  

And it might help if you could get through at least one game with 1. getting hurt or 2. throwing several INT's.

You know if this kid just shows up plays decent and we win this week. It's his job .

He should just stick with I'm here to help anyway I can and I just want to help the team and it let anyone down.

I agree nothing about I should have been this that. But I think he will play great. This team is so much better than what he had before. Look for lots of Wilson moore and Carter passes 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

That's the deal with this whole team tbh. Sick of hearing how good they are and watching games like last Sundays.. Go out and play productive, mistake free football and win some games.. Then the world will know how good you are.

I think last Sunday they showed how good they actually are sans the QB position 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is a bit much. Mike White is a backup QB who’s about to get the chance of a lifetime to play on a talented offense in a system tailored to his strengths with a chance to bring his team to the playoffs. He should talk all the sh*t he wants, have all the fun he can, and be as swaggy as he can be. Life is short and chances like the one he’s got never come around twice. Give them hell, Mike White. 

No.

No BS bravado.

Show us. Don’t tell us.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going to fight with you over this. Obviously, he has to play well, but I don’t see why it’s necessary to police his statements before he even takes a snap. His teammates loves him, in part, because of his confidence. He’s supposed to become an eremitic monk now because why? In solemn vigil of Zach Wilson’s benching? No. Go out and let it rip. 

Because for these type of fans the goal is to set up Mike White to fail so Zippy can get back on the field asap.  Ever since Wilson has been drafted for some the team has turned into the New York Zach Wilsons.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going to fight with you over this. Obviously, he has to play well, but I don’t see why it’s necessary to police his statements before he even takes a snap. His teammates loves him, in part, because of his confidence. He’s supposed to become an eremitic monk now because why? In solemn vigil of Zach Wilson’s benching? No. Go out and let it rip. 

not that i doubt u but who is saying all his teammates luv him? and if so do they luv him in the way i luv my dog or maybe the way i luv my balvenie or maybe the way i luv watch mo smack curly or maybe the way i lust for britney (10-20 yrs ago version that is (even the bald one) ) or maybe the way sonny use to luv cher or maybe its like the way betty luv'd archie but then luv'd jughead but then luv'd archie?

please be more specific

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a bit much. Mike White is a backup QB who’s about to get the chance of a lifetime to play on a talented offense in a system tailored to his strengths with a chance to bring his team to the playoffs. He should talk all the sh*t he wants, have all the fun he can, and be as swaggy as he can be. Life is short and chances like the one he’s got never come around twice. Give them hell, Mike White. 

Pizza Yes GIF

yes 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Less words.  More deeds.  

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

His “number one pick” statement was not cocky, arrogant or inappropriate.  He said “in my mind” meaning it stemmed from confidence.  I think every player in the NFL would think the same thing about themselves if asked.

Mike White knows he is not a number one pick because… well, he wasn’t.  Doesn’t mean he can’t have confidence in himself.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Less words.  More deeds.  

I don't get where this is coming from fish? 

Did MW do something in the pressers last year that leads you to say this?  Or something else I missed? 

21 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

His “number one pick” statement was not cocky, arrogant or inappropriate.  He said “in my mind” meaning it stemmed from confidence.  I think every player in the NFL would think the same thing about themselves if asked.

Mike White knows he is not a number one pick because… well, he wasn’t.  Doesn’t mean he can’t have confidence in himself.

It was in response to a dumb question designed to create controversy too iirc

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, PorP said:

I don't get where this is coming from fish? 

Did MW do something in the pressers last year that leads you to say this?  Or something else I missed? 

"I couldn't tell you. That's definitely the scouting departments across the league and what their interpretation of me is," White told reporters Thursday. "I have 100 percent confidence in myself. So if you ask me, I should have been a first overall pick. But that's neither here nor there. That's four years ago. I try to get my mind off that and be in the here and now and execute what my job is right now."

• Upvote 2