What I do NOT want to hear from Mike White this Week

Warfish

4 hours ago, undertow said:

Because for these type of fans the goal is to set up Mike White to fail so Zippy can get back on the field asap.  Ever since Wilson has been drafted for some the team has turned into the New York Zach Wilsons.

More like kind a hoping this second pick in the draft could be a franchise QB… obviously he’s failing spectacularly… So what should’ve we done root against him when he was drafted?

6 minutes ago, LSJF said:

More like kind a hoping this second pick in the draft could be a franchise QB… obviously he’s failing spectacularly… So what should’ve we done root against him when he was drafted?

Maybe not have been obnoxious a$$holes towards anyone who didn’t believe in the kid for very legitimate reasons.  

Anyways it’s Mike White’s time.  it’d be cool if he makes it quite obvious he belongs in the league and leads us on a run so there will be no one calling for his benching.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe not have been obnoxious a$$holes towards anyone who didn’t believe in the kid for very legitimate reasons.  

Anyways it’s Mike White’s time.  it’d be cool if he makes it quite obvious he belongs in the league and leads us on a run so there will be no one calling for his benching.  

I was gonna answer this with an irrational what the eff are you talking about? But instead I’ll say for me personally, I wanted him to succeed, just like I wanted sam to succeed, just like I wanted Sanchez to succeed, just like I wanted Geno to succeed, just like I wanted Fitzpatrick to succeed… now I want Mike Effin white to succeed… must everything be a lame divisional debate? I root for the jets to win and while Zach is on the roster and if and when he starts , I’ll b rooting for him, if he gets cut, I’ll root for his replacement… I don’t know, this is not lame politics .. and if someone is wishing for white to fail that’s a jet fan then that is lame… 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going to fight with you over this. Obviously, he has to play well, but I don’t see why it’s necessary to police his statements before he even takes a snap. His teammates loves him, in part, because of his confidence. He’s supposed to become an eremitic monk now because why? In solemn vigil of Zach Wilson’s benching? No. Go out and let it rip. 

For sure. White isn't gonna throw the ball away, when an open receiver is downfield more than 15 yards. Swag, plays a part in that. Might have a few interceptions in the process. At least he's not going to wilt like a dried up rose

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

"I shoulda been a #1 pick" or anything remotely akin to that.

It's rare a player of limited physical talent like MW gets a second chance to earn a starting job in the NFL.

Don't be a schmuck Mike.  Don't tell us how good you think you are.  SHOW US.  Then show us some more.

Just play well, and the narrative will write itself.  Lets others speak well of you, you don't need to do it.

Less words.  More deeds.  

And it might help if you could get through at least one game with 1. getting hurt or 2. throwing several INT's.

Good luck Sunday, this is an amazing opportunity for you. 

Grab it, and don't let go.  Step 1, beat Chicago.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/11/mike-white-bringing-first-overall-pick-swagger-to-jets/

image.png.3ddb62f0bba400964e5c05dd2a4bd500.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going to fight with you over this.

A classic Tom Shane v. Warfish Battle?

Naaaaaa, lol.

Obviously, he has to play well

Obviously, if he wants to start a 2nd time after Chicago.

but I don’t see why it’s necessary to police his statements before he even takes a snap.

It's not necessary.  It's preference.

I think people who talk a bunch of bravado sh*t, then can't back it up on the field, look like morons. 

I prefer the Curtis Martin, been there before, maturity and respect thing.  Show us, don't tell us.

His teammates loves him, in part, because of his confidence.

And I love his confidence too.  Being confident =/= MW thinking he shoulda been an overall #1/#1.  

He’s supposed to become an eremitic monk now because why?

I would prefer one of those ninja karate monks we see in the movies.  

In solemn vigil of Zach Wilson’s benching? No.

Agreed, no, certainly not for that.

Go out and let it rip. 

On the field.  Not from his mouth.

The best tales are told about you by others.

The worst are those who never shut up about themselves.

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, undertow said:

He can say whatever he wants as long as he can connect on 5 yard swing passes and doesn't sail balls 20 ft over guys heads.

Just attacking Zach Wilson doesn't work anymore.  Wilson's not playing.

Yes, he needs to hit swing passes but he also has to be able to push the ball downfield too...and deal with pressure in the pocket.

NFL QBing is not an easy thing.  Mike White needs to deliver.  I have faith he can do it.  Let's hope he's the guy that can carry us on a legit playoff run.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

No.

No BS bravado.

Show us. Don’t tell us.

So if he plays well he can’t act like anyone who given his first legit shot at starting would?  Why not?  For what reason and for what gain? 
Swag is a big part of the makeup of a NFL FQB’s makeup

This an actual issue??

This is a bit much. Mike White is a backup QB who’s about to get the chance of a lifetime to play on a talented offense in a system tailored to his strengths with a chance to bring his team to the playoffs. He should talk all the sh*t he wants, have all the fun he can, and be as swaggy as he can be. Life is short and chances like the one he’s got never come around twice. Give them hell, Mike White. 

I’ve never agreed with you more.

Everyone should 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just attacking Zach Wilson doesn't work anymore.  Wilson's not playing.

Yes, he needs to hit swing passes but he also has to be able to push the ball downfield too...and deal with pressure in the pocket.

NFL QBing is not an easy thing.  Mike White needs to deliver.  I have faith he can do it.  Let's hope he's the guy that can carry us on a legit playoff run.

I agree with that what I'm saying is that this attitude towards White wasn't the same towards Wilson....some of you were ok sitting around watching Zach throw balls into the ground for years and would have been ok doing it for years to come while also defending it....now all of a sudden you have standards. lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dbatesman said:

If you’re this much of a scoldy schoolmarm, I’m not sure what you get out of watching sports in the first place. I hope White throws for 5 TDs then exposes himself during his postgame interview.

You can make a lot of coin exposing yourself.  Worked for Deshaun Watson. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, undertow said:

I agree with that what I'm saying is that this attitude towards White wasn't the same towards Wilson....some of you were ok sitting around watching Zach throw balls into the ground for years and would have been ok doing it for years to come while also defending it....now all of a sudden you have standards. lol

Well, Wilson was a project, young QB learning.  With tremendous upside and very high ceiling...So people were willing to allow him time to grow and live with those growing pains.  He reached a point last week where that time ran out.   So Wilson's no longer the issue.

Mike White is a vet,  been around the league 6 years - with a limited ceiling.  He should be expected to produce at a competent NFL level if he's going to be a QB that can carry us to the playoffs.  Otherwise, what's the point?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A classic Tom Shane v. Warfish Battle?

Naaaaaa, lol.

Obviously, if he wants to start a 2nd time after Chicago.

It's not necessary.  It's preference.

I think people who talk a bunch of bravado sh*t, then can't back it up on the field, look like morons. 

I prefer the Curtis Martin, been there before, maturity and respect thing.  Show us, don't tell us.

And I love his confidence too.  Being confident =/= MW thinking he shoulda been an overall #1/#1.  

I would prefer one of those ninja karate monks we see in the movies.  

Agreed, no, certainly not for that.

On the field.  Not from his mouth.

The best tales are told about you by others.

The worst are those who never shut up about themselves.

I cannot refute any post that promotes ninja karate monks. ?

Happy holidays to you, brother. ??

• Post of the Week 2

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

"I shoulda been a #1 pick" or anything remotely akin to that.

It's rare a player of limited physical talent like MW gets a second chance to earn a starting job in the NFL.

Don't be a schmuck Mike.  Don't tell us how good you think you are.  SHOW US.  Then show us some more.

Just play well, and the narrative will write itself.  Lets others speak well of you, you don't need to do it.

Less words.  More deeds.  

And it might help if you could get through at least one game with 1. getting hurt or 2. throwing several INT's.

Good luck Sunday, this is an amazing opportunity for you. 

Grab it, and don't let go.  Step 1, beat Chicago.

Did he say that this season? I may have missed it.

EDIT - NEVER MIND, just saw someone else post an answer.

image.png.35f2085ce269a72fdc852daa75316dc2.png

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He literally said those things last year 

Interesting, did not know that. For reference, I will put the quote below; answered a direct question about his draft status fairly succinctly and as well as you would want someone to answer that.

"I couldn't tell you. That's definitely the scouting departments across the league and what their interpretation of me is," White told reporters Thursday. "I have 100 percent confidence in myself. So if you ask me, I should have been a first overall pick. But that's neither here nor there. That's four years ago. I try to get my mind off that and be in the here and now and execute what my job is right now.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, Wilson was a project, young QB learning.  With tremendous upside and very high ceiling...So people were willing to allow him time to grow and live with those growing pains.  He reached a point last week where that time ran out.   So Wilson's no longer the issue.

Mike White is a vet,  been around the league 6 years - with a limited ceiling.  He should be expected to produce at a competent NFL level if he's going to be a QB that can carry us to the playoffs.  Otherwise, what's the point?

I'm not sure I understand all this talk of 'upside'. It's a bit like the saying: "The greatest ability is availability". If the 'upside' doesn't show up regularly, is it even a thing?

How are we qualifying upside? How are we establishing ceiling? Being able to have the ball travel 60 yards in the air? What is better for the club -  a QB that can make 10 - 20 yard passes regularly or a QB that makes a 50 yard pass once every 3 games? 

Given the 'playmakers' we have on the field (GWilson is slippery, Conklin can run angry, Moore has some moves, Breece has shown what he can do when he has the ball in his hands), I just want someone who can get the ball to the playmakers regularly.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Interesting, did not know that. For reference, I will put the quote below; answered a direct question about his draft status fairly succinctly and as well as you would want someone to answer that.

"I couldn't tell you. That's definitely the scouting departments across the league and what their interpretation of me is," White told reporters Thursday. "I have 100 percent confidence in myself. So if you ask me, I should have been a first overall pick. But that's neither here nor there. That's four years ago. I try to get my mind off that and be in the here and now and execute what my job is right now.

I actually love this quote.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, xJayce said:

I'm not sure I understand all this talk of 'upside'. It's a bit like the saying: "The greatest ability is availability". If the 'upside' doesn't show up regularly, is it even a thing?

How are we qualifying upside? How are we establishing ceiling? Being able to have the ball travel 60 yards in the air? What is better for the club -  a QB that can make 10 - 20 yard passes regularly or a QB that makes a 50 yard pass once every 3 games? 

Given the 'playmakers' we have on the field (GWilson is slippery, Conklin can run angry, Moore has some moves, Breece has shown what he can do when he has the ball in his hands), I just want someone who can get the ball to the playmakers regularly.

I think the point is I'm done taking about Zach Wilson until/if/when he's the starter again. 

It's not about him anymore. 

• Upvote 2

I was gonna answer this with an irrational what the eff are you talking about? But instead I’ll say for me personally, I wanted him to succeed, just like I wanted sam to succeed, just like I wanted Sanchez to succeed, just like I wanted Geno to succeed, just like I wanted Fitzpatrick to succeed… now I want Mike Effin white to succeed… must everything be a lame divisional debate? I root for the jets to win and while Zach is on the roster and if and when he starts , I’ll b rooting for him, if he gets cut, I’ll root for his replacement… I don’t know, this is not lame politics .. and if someone is wishing for white to fail that’s a jet fan then that is lame… 
This is sane ... We wanted Zach to succeed .. and there was an army irrationally waiting for him to fail ... Now it's White's turn.

I'm pulling for Mr White while at the same time hoping Zach gets another shot ... Here or another team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1