What I do NOT want to hear from Mike White this Week

Warfish

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

A classic Tom Shane v. Warfish Battle?

Naaaaaa, lol.

Obviously, if he wants to start a 2nd time after Chicago.

It's not necessary.  It's preference.

I think people who talk a bunch of bravado sh*t, then can't back it up on the field, look like morons. 

I prefer the Curtis Martin, been there before, maturity and respect thing.  Show us, don't tell us.

And I love his confidence too.  Being confident =/= MW thinking he shoulda been an overall #1/#1.  

I would prefer one of those ninja karate monks we see in the movies.  

Agreed, no, certainly not for that.

On the field.  Not from his mouth.

The best tales are told about you by others.

The worst are those who never shut up about themselves.

35DECE41-1FE8-456C-96EB-67AC68DE42CF.gif

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, Warfish said:

"I shoulda been a #1 pick" or anything remotely akin to that.

It's rare a player of limited physical talent like MW gets a second chance to earn a starting job in the NFL.

Don't be a schmuck Mike.  Don't tell us how good you think you are.  SHOW US.  Then show us some more.

Just play well, and the narrative will write itself.  Lets others speak well of you, you don't need to do it.

Less words.  More deeds.  

And it might help if you could get through at least one game with 1. getting hurt or 2. throwing several INT's.

Good luck Sunday, this is an amazing opportunity for you. 

Grab it, and don't let go.  Step 1, beat Chicago.

So you want him to change who he is for the sake of your feelings?

The guy made it this far in part because he is confident… suppressing it would be a mistake.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, ECURB said:

So you want him to change who he is for the sake of your feelings?

Melodrama much?

15 minutes ago, ECURB said:

The guy made it this far in part because he is confident… suppressing it would be a mistake.

Confident is fine when you back it up. He didn’t last time he said he should have been the #1/#1. I prefer he produce and keep his yap shut about how great he thinks he is. If he plays great, everyone will think he’s great. 

Some of you really have misplaced priorities about what is important. I prefer less Jamal Adams, more Curtis Martin. More do, less talk. Such a sin, I know, lol.

You can be confident and humble when talking to the media. They’re not mutually exclusive. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

Irrelevant at this point

So if you are correct and Mike White plays so horribly that it becomes untenable to put him on the field, you agree that the Jets should play Streveler over Zach Wilson? I agree, and that shows some real growth from you, some nice objectivity.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So if you are correct and Mike White plays so horribly that it becomes untenable to put him on the field, you agree that the Jets should play Streveler over Zach Wilson? I agree, and that shows some real growth from you, some nice objectivity.

I don’t think Wilson should see the field until he can complete a 5 yard pass in his sleep 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Melodrama much?

Confident is fine when you back it up. He didn’t last time he said he should have been the #1/#1. I prefer he produce and keep his yap shut about how great he thinks he is. If he plays great, everyone will think he’s great. 

Some of you really have misplaced priorities about what is important. I prefer less Jamal Adams, more Curtis Martin. More do, less talk. Such a sin, I know, lol.

You can be confident and humble when talking to the media. They’re not mutually exclusive. 

If Curtis had a little more fire maybe they don’t lose that game in 98’…. Maybe the team needed a little more edge out of him.

45 minutes ago, ECURB said:

If Curtis had a little more fire maybe they don’t lose that game in 98’…. Maybe the team needed a little more edge out of him.

LOL, ok. 

I'm happy to agree to disagree with all yall on this, if you prefer he talk a bunch a "I am the greatest" BS, because you need him to do that for some odd NY/NJ specific love-of-unsupportable-Jersey-Shore-style-bravado reason, have at it.  My preferences are simply different.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Melodrama much?

I dunno, man. I kinda feel like you’re the one being a little melodramatic in this particular case. I get what you’re saying and I do agree with you to an extent. I’ve never been a fan of the divas of the league, but what White said to that reporter was pretty innocuous. It’s not like he went around pounding his chest and gloating unprompted, he said he thinks he should have been the #1 pick. If you look at that draft class (in hindsight, of course) he has a pretty defendable argument for at least being the number 3 qb in that class, which would have put him in the first rnd. He’s not THAT far off. Besides, what’s he supposed to say?

Now it’s his job to make the rest of us believe. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

LOL, ok. 

I'm happy to agree to disagree with all yall on this, if you prefer he talk a bunch a "I am the greatest" BS, because you need him to do that for some odd NY/NJ specific love-of-unsupportable-Jersey-Shore-style-bravado reason, have at it.  My preferences are simply different.  

You created the thread dude.  We’re just responding to it.  No one cares whether he talks or not.  It’s just fun to some of us sometimes when a player produces and then shows some emotion about it.  No one wants a player who talks and then doesn’t produce.  

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You created the thread dude.  We’re just responding to it.

And I am agreeing to disagree with some of you Jersey Shore braggarts.

No one cares whether he talks or not.

Clearly, I do.

It’s just fun to some of us sometimes when a player produces and then shows some emotion about it.

Produces --> Then Shows Emotion = Fine!

Talks Silly Bravado --> Gets Hurt in the First Quarter = Not so Fine!

No one wants a player who talks and then doesn’t produce.  

Except that was Mike White, ultimately.  Ten second after he was telling everyone he shoulda coulda woulda been a #1/#1 he got hurt, and never saw the field again.  Till now.

I like Mike White, I'm rooting for Mike White, I think Mike White is likely > Zach Wilson.

I do not think Mike White needs to be telling anyone, anywhere, he "shoulda" been the #1/#1.

Play like the #1/#1, for more than a single game, then he can talk alllllllll the sh*t he wants, in my book.  

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

LOL, ok. 

Doesn’t have to be jersey shore and your preference has nothing to do with the success of the player and the style of the player. You made my point.. you want a pro athlete to fit what YOU like in spite of what might work better.

50 minutes ago, ECURB said:

......your preference has nothing to do with the success of the player.....

Never said it did. 

And I've been quite clear this is my preference.  

You made my point.. you want a pro athlete to fit what YOU like in spite of what might work better.

Define "work better".

Do you think him saying he shoulda been the #1/#1, then getting hurt, then getting benched again last year "worked better"?

I'd ask why some of you seem so obsessed with bravado.  You do realize talking about how great you are doesn't actually make you a better player, right?  

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Never said it did. 

And I've been quite clear this is my preference.  

Define "work better".

Do you think him saying he shoulda been the #1/#1, then getting hurt, then getting benched again last year "worked better"?

I'd ask why some of you seem so obsessed with bravado.  You do realize talking about how great you are doesn't actually make you a better player, right?  

I promise a large part of Brady, Jordan, Kobe, etc being successful and lifting their teams up was also being able to totally get in their opponents heads… 

Call it what you want it’s calculated not just some jock beating his chest like you seem to think.

Tell me which player elevated their team to new levels in any sport quietly and with no trash talk like Cmart?

This is a humorous thread. Of course all QBs in the draft should want to be 1/1. Is the most important position and they should think they are the best at their position.

MW stating at the time of the draft the thought of himself in the same group of the top tier QBs. (When asked about the draft and his NFL journey)

Nothing out of the ordinary here. I am sure Brady, Russ Wilson and Dak all felt the same way. At the time of the draft it was “laughable” to the experts, but were they correct THAT day?

Redo the draft today. Cleveland takes JA and Giants take Lamar. Jets needed a QB- who do you take today? Would they have been better off taking MW at 3? Who knows at worst they would be in the same position still hunting for a FQB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I promise a large part of Brady, Jordan, Kobe, etc being successful and lifting their teams up was also being able to totally get in their opponents heads… 

Call it what you want it’s calculated not just some jock beating his chest like you seem to think.

Tell me which player elevated their team to new levels in any sport quietly and with no trash talk like Cmart?

Curious, did Tom Brady ever get quoted saying "I should have been the #1/#1 pick"? 

I honestly cannot recall, maybe he did.

To answer your question, I do not recall Jordan talking trash via the media.  On the court, absolutely, but in interviews?  No.

Same for Tiger Woods.  He always "said the right thing" a la Jordan, Martin, etc.

Plenty of great players said the right humble things in interviews, and kept any sh*t talk or ego on the field.  Most, I'd say.  Arrogant media types rarely are the GOAT (with the obvious and notable exception......the Goat of Boxing, Casius Clay/Mohammad Ali.  That man could talk sh*t, but boxing is sorta a sh*t talkers sport).

And no mate, White saying "I shoulda been the #1/#1" was not a "calculated" way of "getting in the opponents heads", lol.  Come on, seriously, lol.  That one may be the most laughable one I've ever heard.  Mike White, 4th Dimensional Chess Player, lol.

On 11/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, dbatesman said:

If you’re this much of a scoldy schoolmarm, I’m not sure what you get out of watching sports in the first place. I hope White throws for 5 TDs then exposes himself during his postgame interview.

Exactly. I hope he torches the Bears, then does this at the post game presser while calling out Chris Simms' talent evaluation skills.

the-manager-robert-de-niro.gif

• Haha 1