Keep An Eye On Frank Reich

KRL

I think this job could actually be appealing for Frank Reich. If he comes in and develops Zach into a legit QB he will get hired anywhere. If he gets here and Zach sucks then the narrative will be that Zach Sucks and even Frank Reich couldn’t save him. It’s a win win no pressure situation for him and I would try to get him in here during this current season 

If we are talking about Reich as an addition to LaFleur's offensive staff, that sounds great to me.  If we are talking about replacing LaFleur I really just dont understand the thinking.  I dont think LaFleur has been perfect by any means, but his issues, IMO, are with the players not with the playcalling and definitely not with the play design.

We have open WRs at all levels of the field, zach is simply missing them.  We have a creative run game (pls remember plays like the inside run by Breece vs GB) even though he lost his #1 RB, 2 OTs and AVT.  He has given this team a chance to win games on the field, I really dont see any issues there whatsoever. 

As far as the players themselves, I do think its very odd the way he handled both Mims last year and Moore this year.  I dont understand the need to know all the positions, and while I dont want to let players dictate play calling, I do think we could manufacture a few touches for moore, not because he complained, but because he is actually good and should not be behind Jeff Smith and Ty Johnson in touches, that is simply not the best way to generate points for an offense. 

6 hours ago, BCJet said:

If we are talking about Reich as an addition to LaFleur's offensive staff, that sounds great to me.  If we are talking about replacing LaFleur I really just dont understand the thinking.  I dont think LaFleur has been perfect by any means, but his issues, IMO, are with the players not with the playcalling and definitely not with the play design.

no way is Reich coming to the Jets as an assistant OC and especially not as a QB whisperer! Let’s keep our head screwed on tight

19 hours ago, SR24 said:

I think this job could actually be appealing for Frank Reich. If he comes in and develops Zach into a legit QB he will get hired anywhere. If he gets here and Zach sucks then the narrative will be that Zach Sucks and even Frank Reich couldn’t save him. It’s a win win no pressure situation for him and I would try to get him in here during this current season