Former Jet CB Lamar Jackson has some interesting comments on Zach Wilson

Matt39

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hope JD learned a lesson here too.

Unquestionably Handing ZW the job was probably a bad look for Zach too.  He may have come across entitled, but that's because he was actually entitled by the organization.

Not excuse making for him - but in hindsight I suspect JD would have made even a semblance of a competition and not just handed him the job.

I would hope the other thing JD takes out of this is to always have a capable backup.  To go into camp for Zach's rookie season where the only backups on the roster were Mike White and James Morgan was bordering on negligence.  They brought in Josh Johnson during camp, but to start camp with three QBs who never threw an NFL pass heading into the season.  Got to be more prepared at the start of a season than that.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Matt Snell HATED Namath - he was a show boat, wore the minks, panty hose commercial. When asked how they got along on the field he said that while hating him as a person, he was the QB and the leader of the team and any player who wanted to get to Namath had to go through him.

I don't care how well liked or disliked ZW is. If he is the QB the players should shut up and follow. Granted ZW is no Namath and Elijah is no Snell, but still - I don't care how arrogant or annoying he is, when he is QB it is the players job to follow - this is as much a business - just my opinion.

Also, people said the same thing about Geno - no way we are waiting another 6 years, but while ZW needs to grow the F up - so do the players whining about him.

• Upvote 3

Just now, doitny said:

reminds me of the time Kelly went on that sports game show. her brain could only hold so much information so when it got full every new thing she learned she forgot a old thing. the lost on the last question " who scored 4 TDs in one game at Polk HS. " she forgot something she was told a million times.

thats Zach. he forgot how to throw a screen pass last year. reset and then this year he is doing the chicken dance. he stops that and forgets how to throw a screen pass again. 

Zach (Kelly) Bundy

Brilliant 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Not surprising that Mike White is more likeable but none of this would matter if Zach Wilson was good at Football.  The ony reason it's a thing is because, he's not.  That said, I dont buy into the whole, "guys are playing hard for...." narrative that you often hear.  These guys have careers and there are 52 others players on the team, I dont think anyone dogs it because of any one player.  Maybe a WR doesnt got hard every route stuff like that, but that happens all the time anyway at that position but like full on dogging it because you dont like Zach Wilson?  That stuff doesnt happen.  If suddenly Mims/Moore start putting out, it's because White is able to get them ball and Wilson is not.  

It’s behavioral conditioning—people go harder when they know there’s a reward at the end of that effort. Similar to a basketball team with a bad PG, everyone stops running the break at max speed because they know the ball isn’t getting to them no matter what. If you’re a receiver on the Jets and the play has been going on for more than two seconds, there’s less than a 10% chance you’re going to be involved in the play no matter how hard you run. 

• Upvote 4