Former Jet CB Lamar Jackson has some interesting comments on Zach Wilson

Matt39

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I doubt anyone would care about his "sense of arrogance' if he was playing well. It's open season on Zach Wilson right now lol. I doubt he's the first cocky high draft pick to come into the league.

Open season?  You practically just quoted Lamar Jackson.  That is what he said.  That people like White and that WIlson is not the most likeable guy and that crops up when things go bad.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s behavioral conditioning—people go harder when they know there’s a reward at the end of that effort. Similar to a basketball team with a bad PG, everyone stops running the break at max speed because they know the ball isn’t getting to them no matter what. If you’re a receiver on the Jets and the play has been going on for more than two seconds, there’s less than a 10% chance you’re going to be involved in the play no matter how hard you run. 

thats the mouse in the maze thing. the mouse works hard cause there is a piece of cheese at the end of it. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Translation:  Hack Wilson is an entitled douche.  Happy for Mike White.  Don't want to see Wilson or Flacco for the rest of the season.

I wouldn’t go that far but there were some reports about him not being named captain in college that may have meant something In retrospect. Maybe he isn’t a guy’s guy that everyone gravitates toward. That being said if he plays well it won’t matter. 

• Upvote 2

It always seemed to me like the organization buried Mike White to 3rd string to placate Wilson's ego/feelings. 
That's why for me when they elevated White to 2nd string a few weeks ago it was quite interesting. This had been planned/brewing for a while if wilson continued to struggle.
I said this in another thread. They were anticipating that this might be on the table a d prepared accordingly.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Open season?  You practically just quoted Lamar Jackson.  That is what he said.  That people like White and that WIlson is not the most likeable guy and that crops up when things go bad.

It is open season though. I'm not just talking about Lamar Jackson. I'm talking about the media as a whole.

I don't disagree that he's clearly not as well liked as someone like Mike White. But he can learn and grow. But it's still only an issue when things go bad like you said. If he was a great teammate it still wouldn't matter to me cause the issue is the play on the field at the end of the day. The attitude might not do him any favors, but it's not like he's a bad teammate and a distraction as a personality. Just a bad QB at this point who probably lacks self awareness. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I would hope the other thing JD takes out of this is to always have a capable backup.  To go into camp for Zach's rookie season where the only backups on the roster were Mike White and James Morgan was bordering on negligence.  They brought in Josh Johnson during camp, but to start camp with three QBs who never threw an NFL pass heading into the season.  Got to be more prepared at the start of a season than that.

Ummmmmm Gardner Minshew... that is all..  :)  

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't know how many more warning signs people can hear about Cobra Kai and still continue to hold out hope that he's going to turn it around. 

Zach Wilson is to the 2022 Jets locker room as Billy Zabka was to the 1986 Grand Lakes University Dive Team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I doubt anyone would care about his "sense of arrogance' if he was playing well. It's open season on Zach Wilson right now lol. I doubt he's the first cocky high draft pick to come into the league.

Everybody turned a blind eye while he was riding the coat tails of the D and RB's.   Hack Wilson is garbage.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Translation:  Hack Wilson is an entitled douche.  Happy for Mike White.  Don't want to see Wilson or Flacco for the rest of the season.

Hack Wilson owns the MLB record for most RBIs in a single season (191 for the 1930 Chicago Cubs).  You must have mistaken him with Trash Wilson, the Jets current third string QB.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

One can easily argue some of those guys on offense arent trying their hardest for him, Moore and Mims come to mind many many times this season, giving up on routes etc. That's on them just as much as Zach sucking a giant dick. 

Its also human nature.  It could be a telling sign that Zach, behind the scenes, is blaming the receivers for not getting open, when clearly they are.  And when he does see an open receiver, he mails it a mile above them.  Players finally get to the point where I am sure they are thinking "I am not putting my body on the line every single throw because this shmuck can't make the throws, and then he blames me for not catching them."

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Everybody turned a blind eye while he was riding the coat tails of the D and RB's.   Hack Wilson is garbage.

I'm not talking about his play on the field. It's obvious he was riding the coat tails of the D and a healthier version of the O-Line with Breece. 

Zach playing poorly doesn't make him everything anybody claims he is though off the field.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This reminds me of something Ryan Fitzpatrick said on the PMT pod earlier this year. They asked him what the most important trait for a QB was, and I was expecting him to say “intelligence” or “pocket awareness” or “instincts,” etc, but Fitzpatrick’s answer was, “Is he a dude?” Meaning, is he popular in the room? Is he relatable? Is he somebody you want to follow into battle? Fitzpatrick brought up an awkward conversation he had with Justin Herbert where Herbert was guarded and had a PR guy sitting next to him the whole time, and how that raised some red flags for Fitz. Relatedly, there was an article earlier this year about the Jets locker room, and one of the focuses was on their cornhole tournament, wherein Flacco and White are always playing, but Zach Wilson isn’t a part of it. I know, “cornhole? Who gives a sh*t?” but it is the little things. Reminded me of Necessary Roughness, where Robert Loggia tries to teach Scott Bakula the importance of going out and getting sh*t-faced with the boys, even if you don’t want to.

Eh.. Darnold was the ultimate “dude” and got ran out of town just the same. You think Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers are relatable?