Former Jet CB Lamar Jackson has some interesting comments on Zach Wilson

Matt39

7 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Eh.. Darnold was the ultimate “dude” and got ran out of town just the same. You think Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers are relatable?

You can be a douche freely if you're great, but even that has its limits. Lots of great players have worn out their welcome on teams not based on performance.

You cannot be a douche and be bad at your job. 

If you're well liked and bad, you'll get a little more leeway to get better but it wont last forever. Eventually you have to perform. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Translation:  Hack Wilson is an entitled douche.  Happy for Mike White.  Don't want to see Wilson or Flacco for the rest of the season.

Another possible translation?

They're  throwing Mike White out there?  Hahahaha...Love the guy!  I love playing against slow guys with marginal arm talent!

12 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I really couldn't care less about all this. Zach's performance on the field is what matters. Like he said, if he was winning, everyone would be fine with him. All the other drama, save it for your Housewives Of... crap

Numbers talk, bullsh*t walks.

8 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Eh.. Darnold was the ultimate “dude” and got ran out of town just the same. You think Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers are relatable?

Darnold is a bro. A dude is a leader of bros. Players who play with Brady really like him. Rodgers is a case of incredible talent making up for an execrable personality, similar to Kyrie Irving.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I doubt anyone would care about his "sense of arrogance' if he was playing well. It's open season on Zach Wilson right now lol. I doubt he's the first cocky high draft pick to come into the league.

No doubt, you can’t get away with being a douche if you score 3 points 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, docdhc said:

I wouldn’t go that far but there were some reports about him not being named captain in college that may have meant something In retrospect. Maybe he isn’t a guy’s guy that everyone gravitates toward. That being said if he plays well it won’t matter. 

For what it's worth, my understanding is due to the religious nature of BYU, students often graduate at a much older age and the title of captain is given to those older players.

Here is a list of the Captains at BYU and their ages at the time in 2020:

Troy Warner - 22

Isaiah Kaufusi - 24

Khyiris Tonga - 24

Zayne Anderson - 23

Matt Bushman - 25

Lopini Katoa - 23 (couldn't find age but assumed graduated HS at 18)

Brady Christensen - 24

James Empey - 24

Doesn't change the fact that Zach needs to mature but the college Captain thing isn't what it would appear at first glance.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Another possible translation?

They're  throwing Mike White out there?  Hahahaha...Love the guy!  I love playing against slow guys with marginal arm talent!

Your don't need to throw the ball 70 yds in this system. You need to be able to recognize coverages, get the ball out in rhythm and complete the gimme passes. 3 things Wilson can't do. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure.  But perhaps some aspects of his personality have contributed to Wilson not making it as a pro as well?

Def. possible.  I don't know him or the way he goes about learning.  I really don't know his personality.

But the team absolutely turned on him.  gotta be something wrong there.

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2022 at 11:49 AM, SuicidalSince98 said:

You would literally say anything to get people to love your hero Zach Wilson as much as you do.

Everybody that’s ever played with Brady that I’ve heard says he’s a good teammate.

Besides, who cares. 

Brady and Rodgers have had HOF careers, whereas ZW is about to be flushed from the league like used toilet paper and go down as an epic bust.

Wilson has zero in common with those 2 guys.

That Wilson is a douche only makes him contemptible on top of being a bad football player.

• Upvote 1