Jets in the 7 spot atm!

LIJetsFan

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach was the worst QB in football.  I'm tired of the low expectations.  This team should be 5-2 down the stretch with Mike White.  

Jags, Lions and Bears - should easily win those ---- The Jets with the worst QB in football beat Buffalo and Miami.  Sure they're on the road instead of home - but the Mike White upgrade should be (not for sure) but should be enough to push us over that hump.

but see now you are assuming that Zach would be 5-2 in these last 7 games or why would it be a failure? wins are a team stat. the only way to judge this as a failure is on the personal stats of White and Wilson.

if White has much better stats and we go 3-4 thats only a failure if you think Zach would have done better. but based on 20 games his stats say he wouldn't do better. there is no way its a failure no matter what the record is as long as White stats are better than Zachs

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I get it.  All the variables aren't the same.

None of the variables are the same.  

But, as you stated Zach was the worst QB in all of football (except Pickett) 

I'm making an assumption and maybe it's presumptuous but I am going to make it - that Mike White won't be the 2nd worst QB in all of football...and assuming that's true...

I wouldn't make that presumption yet.  White has shown himself both fragile, and turnover prone.

The only way I see it is anything less than a 5-2 record would be a disappointment, at least to me it would be. That's all I'm saying.

You're entitled your opinion, obviously.

Now, I'm not suggesting it's a failure of a season if we don't, but my expectation is to at least match the W/L record of the 2nd worst QB in the league.

QB's don't have records.  Teams do.

If MW was playing the exact same schedule/same rosters/same situations/same times/same support, maybe "expecting him to match the 2nd worst QB" might have some validity.

We're not playing the Dolphins #3.  Their #1 is the best QB in football in 2022.  You know this, and you know why it's not the same.  Come on, man.

The Jets should win 11 game this year.  And surely be a threat in the playoffs.

When you have to bench your starter at QB, there is no more "should". I hope MW doesn't suck (or get hurt again), but it's not a sure thing.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but see now you are assuming that Zach would be 5-2 in these last 7 games or why would it be a failure? wins are a team stat. the only way to judge this as a failure is on the personal stats of White and Wilson.

if White has much better stats and we go 3-4 thats only a failure if you think Zach would have done better. but based on 20 games his stats say he wouldn't do better. there is no way its a failure no matter what the record is as long as White stats are better than Zachs

You keep wanting to make this about Zach v. Mike White.

I'm not doing that - this isn't about how good Mike White is - this is about expectations of the Jets - not the QB.  

I would think if the Jets went 5-2 with the worst QB in football...they should be able to, at a minimum, accomplish that with a major upgrade at QB.

NFL isn't out puffing your chest out for the QB you like.  It's about winning games.  

We have a Super Bowl defense and with that D - they went 5-2 with the worst QB in the league - how/why should we expect less over the next 7 games?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

look dude the coin says they lose this sunday and then win out, going to the AFC CG 

im suspecting Mike White gets hurt, Flacco finishes poorly vs CHI and then it's Chris Streveler to the promised land 

this whole coin thing is bigger than all of us 

submit yourself to the coin 

I totally would but I can’t stomach another AFC title game loss. 

the next one we make we need to win 

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

look dude the coin says they lose this sunday and then win out, going to the AFC CG 

im suspecting Mike White gets hurt, Flacco finishes poorly vs CHI and then it's Chris Streveler to the promised land 

this whole coin thing is bigger than all of us 

submit yourself to the coin 

Worship GIF

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Sorry for the click bait but this time I was unable to copy paste this one.

So we're in the 7th spot at the moment.  I didn't see that coming at all!!!

The Jets should win 11 game this year.  And surely be a threat in the playoffs.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You keep wanting to make this about Zach v. Mike White.

I'm not doing that - this isn't about how good Mike White is - this is about expectations of the Jets - not the QB.  

I would think if the Jets went 5-2 with the worst QB in football...they should be able to, at a minimum, accomplish that with a major upgrade at QB.

NFL isn't out puffing your chest out for the QB you like.  It's about winning games.  

We have a Super Bowl defense and with that D - they went 5-2 with the worst QB in the league - how/why should we expect less over the next 7 games?

if its not about the QB then why do you keep bringing up Zachs Record? 

as i said before its much tougher games than Zach faced at 5-2. but if we dont go to the playoffs it is a failure, on JD for not having a better QB than Zach or White on the roster. which he better take care of next year. 

i think White is an upgrade but it doesnt take much to beat the 35th QB in the league. White could be 29th and better than Zach but still not be good enough to beat 4 really good QBs on the road. 

it would be a team failure, not because they benched Zach for White

8 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No way. 10 wins may not get them in because they lose tie breaker to New England and Cincy. 

NE: Bills, @Cardinal, @Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, @Bills

3-3 at Best  2-4 most likely

Cincy: @Titans, Chiefs, Browns, @TB, @Pats, Bills, Ravens

4-3 with Jamaar Chase back 

Jets: Bears, @Vikings, @Bills, Lions, Jags, @Seattle, @Dolphins

3-4 or maybe 4-3 if offense clicks w/ White

10 hours ago, doitny said:

if its not about the QB then why do you keep bringing up Zachs Record? 

as i said before its much tougher games than Zach faced at 5-2. but if we dont go to the playoffs it is a failure, on JD for not having a better QB than Zach or White on the roster. which he better take care of next year. 

i think White is an upgrade but it doesnt take much to beat the 35th QB in the league. White could be 29th and better than Zach but still not be good enough to beat 4 really good QBs on the road. 

it would be a team failure, not because they benched Zach for White

I bring up Zach's record because he was the worst QB in football and the "team" still managed to go 5-2.  If you upgrade at QB - why should we expect anything less?

This is about the team - not Mike White or Zach Wilson - this is about the New York Jets franchise.  I'm not making an attempt to pit Mike White against Zach Wilson.  Mike White can play well and the team still lose - no question...but that would be a disappointment to me.  I want the team to win...

I'm a fan of the NY Jets - and I see a team with an elite defense, OL help coming back, top WR coming back.. That team should surely match its record it had with a net negative at QB.

I mean, maybe Mike White isn't very good, Maybe Zach Wilson had some key moments that helped the team, maybe the defense isn't as good as we think?  There could be a lot of reasons why they don't go 5-2..

But for me, I believe Mike White is an upgrade, the defense is as good as advertised...so 5-2 is my expectation.

• Upvote 2