Jump to content

Do people think Mike White is good?


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The reports in camp were not good and the preseason wasn’t but they say he’s looked better the last few weeks.

If he’s learned to be more accurate downfield and stop throwing picks on 1/4 of his passes 10+ yards, he might be the guy.  

I'm hoping the fact the team moved him ahead of flacco was performance based. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Zach also beat Buffalo two weeks ago. How’d White do against them last year? 

So Zach gets 1-1/2 seasons to learn from and improve on his mistakes but Mike White gets nothing.  OK, got it.  That is a terrible argument you have there so either give it up and show a little support or try harder.

Also Buffalo is nowhere near as good as they were last year.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Zach also beat Buffalo two weeks ago. How’d White do against them last year? 

Actually the D and the running game did with 7 mins left. Zach completed 1 pass to Mims that no one had faith he could do to seal the deal.  Who knows with White in there it may not have been as close as it was we might have won by a larger margin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always felt like White is a fringe NFL player who had a bit of a fluke in his limited opportunity last year. I truly hope he proves me wrong.

With that said, it is interesting that Flacco was deactivated a few weeks ago and White was promoted to backup on a team very much in the playoff hunt. One can only assume that he has been impressing in practice and/or the training room otherwise the seasoned vet would have never been demoted from primary backup. With a quarterback like Zach who has a sizable injury history, you don't mess around with the backup position on a playoff contending team unless the guy is really showing something.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Actually the D and the running game did with 7 mins left. Zach completed 1 pass to Mims that no one had faith he could do to seal the deal.  Who knows with White in there it may not have been as close as it was we might have won by a larger margin.

Or he would’ve done this:

 

 

F8CC8DD8-DEC9-40AB-9C29-2F3DC6853E15.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those look a lot like Zach stats you'll be happy after all lol....dude we have to do whats best for the team, playoffs are at stake for the first time since 2015. If White plays great tomorrow and get the W are you telling me you will still be for Zach Wilson??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I've always felt like White is a fringe NFL player who had a bit of a fluke in his limited opportunity last year. I truly hope he proves me wrong.

With that said, it is interesting that Flacco was deactivated a few weeks ago and White was promoted to backup on a team very much in the playoff hunt. One can only assume that he has been impressing in practice and/or the training room otherwise the seasoned vet would have never been demoted from primary backup.

To me thats just the fact our oline is struggling due to injury and Flacco is a statue. Mike can atleast scramble a little and get out of trouble.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Those look a lot like Zach stats you'll be happy after all lol....dude we have to do whats best for the team, playoffs are at stake for the first time since 2015. If White plays great tomorrow and get the W are you telling me you will still be for Zach Wilson??

No I am rooting for White I’m just seeing alot of false optimism about the guy. I don’t think he’s that good and my prediction is Zach will be be back sooner rather than later 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

No I am rooting for White I’m just seeing alot of false optimism about the guy. I don’t think he’s that good and my prediction is Zach will be be back sooner rather than later 

Okay, lets hope we win regardless of which average QB plays. lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...