Do people think Mike White is good?

Rhg1084

Lol like all the support Zach got when he was our starter 
Just accept it .. give the Mike White the support the Jets Starting QB deserves and you will have transcended the bullsh*t the Anti-Zaxxers have been spewing ... Be a bigger man. That's what I am attempting to do.

Let's go Mike White .. bring us a W !!

Win convincingly and you will have earned another start.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

Not really a MW fan...yeah, he beat a team last year that went on to the SB.  Last minute insertion in that game and the Bengals didn't have time to prepare for him...he sh*t the bed the next two games.  Hey, surprise me, but I doubt it.  For whatever reason, this team cannot nail down drafting a QB.  Trade the house and get an established QB and roll the dice...hello Jimmy G.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve been wondering why there’s been so much pushback to this move and so much vitriol aimed at Mike White. Surely, Jets fans aren’t that upset about Saleh benching *the worst QB in football two seasons running*, right? No way! And to be mean to Mike White, who showed more exciting play in his 120 pass attempts than Zach Wilson has shown you in twenty starts? Nooooo. But then it occurred to me: Christmas is right around the corner and many of your wives and girlfriends, or kids, have already purchased you a Zach Wilson jersey as a present. Not only will it be awkward for you, but it’ll be painful. How could they be so unfeeling? So callous? They read the news. There’s no way they missed the headlines telling them Zach Wilson has been benched. You’ll think to yourself, “well, maybe they just didn’t know that Zach is inactive and running the scout team; that’s not as bad.” But, no. It *is* that bad. Your wife or son bought that jersey for you and they had a full month to return it…but they didn’t. They stuffed that worthless rag into a lime green gift bag and gave it to you, and that was the end of it for them. Lo, it’d be so much simpler if Mike White washes out and Zach is back in the saddle before Christmas so you won’t have to endure that sort of pain and humiliation. You won’t have to pretend to like it, and they won’t have to pretend that they were beholden to a no-return policy on an item they bought off the rack. This is why you want the worst quarterback in football to remain the Jets starter until, at least, December 26th. Because you’re not ready to have it made plain how shallow and petty your deepest interpersonal relationships have become. You all have my sympathies. I once got a Revis jersey as a gift *after* he was traded to Tampa. I do know that pain. But, know this, friends. Mike White doesn’t give a sh*t that your family takes you for granted. Mike White’s family would never buy him a Zach Wilson jersey. Because Mike White’s family is well aware that their husband and father is the starting quarterback of the playoff-bound 2022 New York Jets. 

Mike White.

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I see a lot of excitement for him. You guys realize he stinks right? 

I don't think anyone really is that concerned about whomever they play at QB. I could have lived with any of the other three starting. It was/is about the team finally admitting that ZW has failed to emerge as a hopeful future QB, and the rest of the team deserves better.  

Zach also beat Buffalo two weeks ago. How’d White do against them last year? 

Yeah. Last year with a complete absent OLine and defense. This team is different. Can white beat Buffalo I have no idea but you can’t compare the teams 

42 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

After my eyes burning out watching Zach all year it take a monumental f up by White to be any worse 

You and I would have helped the offense to more than 2 yards in the second half last week. It's honestly hard to be that bad. I still have no idea why people are still defending Wilson. He's been bottom of the league bad for 2 years now. Maybe after watching average QB Mike White run the offense more efficiently they will understand.

Until we see him play for a few games, nobody really knows.

I’m expecting a serviceable starter. Nothing exciting but a guy who can run the offense and look competent. That’s a whole lot better than the complete anchor of a QB in Zach Wilson.

But I’m hoping fans that believe he’s more than that are right.

Let’s go Mike E’fing White!

No I am rooting for White I’m just seeing alot of false optimism about the guy. I don’t think he’s that good and my prediction is Zach will be be back sooner rather than later 

Zach will not be back until next season. You actually think he's going to fix all these fundamental  problems he has in 7 weeks? We will have to go through both White and Flacco and possibly Strev before we get back to Zach. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Until we see him play for a few games, nobody really knows.

I’m expecting a serviceable starter. Nothing exciting but a guy who can run the offense and look competent. That’s a whole lot better than the complete anchor of a QB in Zach Wilson.

But I’m hoping fans that believe he’s more than that are right.

Let’s go Mike E’fing White!

If we had just an average QB instead of a dumpster fire this team would be 8-2. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's in the hall of fame for his first game ever and had a really good first drive against the Colts.

Having a player like him puts this team in division championship contention.  I would be shocked if were anything less than 5-2 down the stretch. 

hahahahahaha. i see you man ... i see you... lol

these other guys might not have figured it out by i do. 

all of of sudden your a big Mike White supporter ..lol 

1st its a 5-2 record, now its he is a HOFer and a division title, whats next a SB. lol

if these things dont happen your going to say......ow what happened i thought Mike White was so great..LOL

i guess Zach fandom is a hard habit to break.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve been wondering why there’s been so much pushback to this move and so much vitriol aimed at Mike White. Surely, Jets fans aren’t that upset about Saleh benching *the worst QB in football two seasons running*, right? No way! And to be mean to Mike White, who showed more exciting play in his 120 pass attempts than Zach Wilson has shown you in twenty starts? Nooooo. But then it occurred to me: Christmas is right around the corner and many of your wives and girlfriends, or kids, have already purchased you a Zach Wilson jersey as a present. Not only will it be awkward for you, but it’ll be painful. How could they be so unfeeling? So callous? They read the news. There’s no way they missed the headlines telling them Zach Wilson has been benched. You’ll think to yourself, “well, maybe they just didn’t know that Zach is inactive and running the scout team; that’s not as bad.” But, no. It *is* that bad. Your wife or son bought that jersey for you and they had a full month to return it…but they didn’t. They stuffed that worthless rag into a lime green gift bag and gave it to you, and that was the end of it for them. Lo, it’d be so much simpler if Mike White washes out and Zach is back in the saddle before Christmas so you won’t have to endure that sort of pain and humiliation. You won’t have to pretend to like it, and they won’t have to pretend that they were beholden to a no-return policy on an item they bought off the rack. This is why you want the worst quarterback in football to remain the Jets starter until, at least, December 26th. Because you’re not ready to have it made plain how shallow and petty your deepest interpersonal relationships have become. You all have my sympathies. I once got a Revis jersey as a gift *after* he was traded to Tampa. I do know that pain. But, know this, friends. Mike White doesn’t give a sh*t that your family takes you for granted. Mike White’s family would never buy him a Zach Wilson jersey. Because Mike White’s family is well aware that their husband and father is the starting quarterback of the playoff-bound 2022 New York Jets. 

Look at O. Henry over here

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol like all the support Zach got when he was our starter 

I’ve been a Zach supporter who has waited patiently for improvement that hasn’t come and that wasn’t going to come these last several games.

Lets be REAL for a minute.  Zach was awful in 4 of his past 5 starts.  The Jets won in spite of him.  Watch the tape.  It’s painful.

Two important points that actually align really well.  

1. This season is now about making the playoffs and that’s a good thing.  Mike White can lead a fully functioning offense predicated on the short quick passing game which allows our WRs, TEs and RBs to operate in space.  In doing so, we will also soften the box to more effectively run the ball.

2. Zach’s forward progress is best served by taking a step back and getting to the root cause of his various issues.  In my opinion, mechanics is a smokescreen for the yips.  This is much deeper than what we have been told.

I’ll copy a couple guys who seem to have some inside perspectives for their points of view.

@football guy

@Mogglez

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He's in the hall of fame for his first game ever and had a really good first drive against the Colts.

Having a player like him puts this team in division championship contention.  I would be shocked if were anything less than 5-2 down the stretch. 

Come on, I expect more from you.  So you are willing to be patient with Zach over 20 games and want to finish the book on Mike White who started 4.

Our opinions don’t have to be so black and ‘white’.  

• Upvote 1