Patriots Twitters comes after Connor Hughes

kevinc855

Am I speaking a different language? He was by far the best QB so far in that class. Last year 22td/13int 67% completion % for 3800 yards. NE made playoffs and he finished 2nd in OROY to Chase and selected as alternate to pro bowl. No other QB came close to those numbers. This year not as good but far better than what we have behind center. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

He does stink. Hughes is an a-hole. Both true.

It's funny how much people still get caught up in fantasy football numbers. He's an awful quarterback. His numbers are a reflection of what defenses allow him to have, not what he goes and gets. There are so many limitations to his game, that it's not hard to stop him. Without Stephenson, that offense would never score.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Am I speaking a different language? He was by far the best QB so far in that class. Last year 22td/13int 67% completion % for 3800 yards. NE made playoffs and he finished 2nd in OROY to Chase and selected as alternate to pro bowl. No other QB came close to those numbers. This year not as good but far better than what we have behind center. 

The QB draft class stinks and it’s debatable who’s been the best. Using Wilson as a benchmark, really?

• Upvote 1

I don't like Connor Hughes but I agree with him that "New England will win nothing of substance with Mac Jones at QB".

I want to say he stinks (and have said it in the past) but I don't think that's quite fair either.  He's effective at the stuff he does.  But put him on a non-BB coached team and I think his effectiveness would go way down.

To me, he's a lower echelon starter or a good backup.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Typical narrative of how typical fans measure QBs as if they were playing an individual rather than a team sport.  The QB is out there with 44 other teammates and a dozen coaches. Success is dependent on that team and its coaches.  Jones had the best statistical season last year because he was on the best team by far. But he is limited physically and so is his talent. If Jones were drafted by Jacksonville, or the NYJ, or Chicago, he would be as bad or worse than Lawrence, Fields, or Wilson. Can you imagine a weak armed immobile Jones on those three teams last season????  

• Upvote 1

Notice how ever since Brady split we haven't been seeing hardly ANY of the Pats fans who used to live on the Jets boards? A few of them like Garb and Gainzo were pretty good folks but for the most part, they were A-holz who were nothing more than idiots who just came here to rub our noses in it. So where are these ex-Cowboys, ex-Pats fans now?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

That just shows how low the bar was for that draft class. 

Mac Jones played at Alabama, played against big time competition while QBs like Wilson and Lance didn’t.  Their growth would take longer, was a given.  If they grow as hoped their bars are higher given better physical abilities.  
The bar can still move

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I agree. Really high floor for Mac Jones but there is a reason why the other QBs were taken ahead of him. 

You'll never win a SB with Mac Jones, there was enough talent to believe you could win it all with Lawrence, Wilson, Lance and Fields.

I'm not a fan of Mac Jones.  But if he were on our team, very good chance we would be leading the division right now. We will see what happens today, because Mike White kinda is a Mac Jones clone.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Typical narrative of how typical fans measure QBs as if they were playing an individual rather than a team sport.  The QB is out there with 44 other teammates and a dozen coaches. Success is dependent on that team and its coaches.  Jones had the best statistical season last year because he was on the best team by far. But he is limited physically and so is his talent. If Jones were drafted by Jacksonville, or the NYJ, or Chicago, he would be as bad or worse than Lawrence, Fields, or Wilson. Can you imagine a weak armed immobile Jones on those three teams last season????  

You don't know that and numbers do matter. With all the talk about his weak arm he gets the job done and sees the field pretty well. NE wasn't exactly a powerhouse on offense last year where he was surrounded by all these weapons. I guess it wasn't just me who thought he had a good season because he came in second in OROY voting and an alternate to the pro bowl. Talent and ceiling doesn't mean anything if you can't process the game quickly as we have see with Wilson. All I am saying is that through the first year and a half of this draft class Jones has been the best. 

5 hours ago, rtnelson said:

I'm not a fan of Mac Jones.  But if he were on our team, very good chance we would be leading the division right now. We will see what happens today, because Mike White kinda is a Mac Jones clone.

They’re nothing alike