Westhoff on Zach and Brees/Marino

Paradis

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don’t know if this sh*t is floating around in one of the 300 ZW threads, but I do know the appetite remains to lament over the grande canyon gap Wilson has yet to leap in the leadership/awareness dept

Oof.  Mike Westhoff is as straight a shooter as they come.  Just not a good look for Zach. Don’t think it’s a coincidence a few of these stories are now leaking out.  I bet there are more to come 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Can someone please post the executive summary?

Its only 2 minutes long.

Long story short at Practice in the offseason Westhoff was scheduled to do a few interviews during his visit.

For one of them he was with Zach and beforehand they're sitting there and Westhoff tried to strike to some strike up some convo about Dan Marino and pass along some grandfatherly advice to which Westhoff felt Zach was unresponsive and nonattentive.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“I met Zach and was trying to tell him that I coached Dan Marino and Dan Marino did this and this to become the best quarterback he could be and we can call Dan Marino right now but Zach was ignoring me…anyway, when I was at the Saints, Drew Brees sought me out to hear my Dan Marino stories.”

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Its only 2 minutes long.

Long story short at Practice in the offseason Westhoff was scheduled to do a few interviews during his visit.

For one of them he was with Zach and beforehand they're sitting there and Westhoff tried to strike to some strike up some convo about Dan Marino and pass along some grandfatherly advice to which Westhoff felt Zach was unresponsive and nonattentive.

You son of a *****

?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would like to dunk all over Zach on this one, but I’ve listened to a bunch of Mike Westhoff interviews over the past few months and in every one he’s litigating some personal slight from some coach or player who didn’t heed his sage advice. You feel a little bad for him because he’s an old man who lived a charmed life, but is now finding out that retirement is a dark and lonely place and nobody really cares that he coached up a bunch of good kick return squads in the 90’s.

Like everything this week, grains of salt. The point is simply that the narrative exists/persists. It’s not a concoction of fiction.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

Its only 2 minutes long.

Yeah that’s not what you want, but we are knee deep in Wilson is the devil waters now lol 

25 minutes ago, pointman said:

We get it, Zach is the devil and everyone drafted around him, before him, and after are close to joe Montana/Jesus. And Westhoff could call Jesus anytime and he would answer.

Keep acting like these things don't matter and Zach is secretly still awesome so you can justify the jersey your family bought, sir.

@T0mShane

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Can someone please post the executive summary?

Westhoff once again humble bragging about how famous and awesome he is. He met Zach and tried to educate him on Marino's tendencies and Zach was too busy swiping right on tinder. Westhoff wasn't impressed. Also, Westhoff can get anyone on the phone because when he calls and people see his name on caller id, they drop everything to answer.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Westhoff comes off real arrogant. I liked him here but every time he talks after his tenure has been about how amazing he is, according to him. I can see how someone could be turned off to anything he has to say. 

You can be arrogant and still have wisdom and information worth listening to. 

He sure didn't seem to turn off Drew Brees.  And Brees had every reason to ignore the guy.  Brees was already a wildly successful, 1st ballot HOF in this league long before 2017. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You can be arrogant and still have wisdom and information worth listening to. 

He sure didn't seem to turn off Drew Brees.  And Brees had every reason to ignore the guy.  He was already wildly successful in this league.

Drew is a notorious nozzle too. Nozzles love company. Then again, we don't know if Drew hated him too. We only heard Westy's end of the story. 

• Upvote 1