Westhoff on Zach and Brees/Marino

Paradis

13 minutes ago, pointman said:

GIF by MOODMAN

Thats what you got from my posts... and everyone elses? 

Westhoff comes off real arrogant. I liked him here but every time he talks after his tenure has been about how amazing he is, according to him. I can see how someone could be turned off to anything he has to say. 

Not everyone else's just yours. Did you not post the above? All I said was that Westhoff has the right to talk about how good he was because his special teams were top notch year after year. 

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Westhoff comes off real arrogant. I liked him here but every time he talks after his tenure has been about how amazing he is, according to him. I can see how someone could be turned off to anything he has to say. 

Not everyone else's just yours. Did you not post the above? All I said was that Westhoff has the right to talk about how good he was because his special teams were top notch year after year. 

Try reading some of the other posts, then it might make more sense to you. PM me for tutoring. And people who are good at their job, don't need to incessantly talk about how good they are at their job.

Hate on Westhoff if you like, but I doubt he’s lying about this.

The relevant piece of the story pertains to ZW and how he’s not the “obsessed” “football junkie” he sold himself as.

JD and Bobby were sold a bill of goods and fell head over heels at a freaking pro day.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He wasn't telling stories about WW2.  He was telling stories about how to be a successful professional QB.  Might be kind of an important for a 22-year old QB to listen to.

Well at 22 most of us weren’t listening to people we should have either. Yes, we get it the kid needs to mature. Doesn’t mean like many of us he won’t.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Worth remembering that Zach is an ADD kid who rides the Ritalin train. As a fellow ADD weirdo, I cannot imagine the kind of torture it would be to end up sitting next to an old man talking about Dan Marino. I would literally self-injure in an attempt to create a distraction so I could leave the situation. 

He just had to talk about a subject Zach found interesting ..... like older women. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Worth remembering that Zach is an ADD kid who rides the Ritalin train. As a fellow ADD weirdo, I cannot imagine the kind of torture it would be to end up sitting next to an old man talking about Dan Marino. I would literally self-injure in an attempt to create a distraction so I could leave the situation. 

Truth!  Fellow ADDer here - I can't image my 22 year old self listening to Grandpa Simpson tell me about Marino in the 80;s 90's - which from an equivalent perspective, meant that I was 22, some old coot telling me about the preparation of YA Tittle.  

In all seriousness - he is probably having a harder time translating what he's learning to the game.  But also true of ADD folks (who tend to struggle in putting prep in practice but will also show high level mastery), once he masters NFL speed and preparation he could be good.  Who knows?  He followed the same sort of progression in college as his mastery really didn't show up until his final season.