<<<<<<< Jets vs Bears -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

Obviously a lot more ball to and I understand this is the Bears but you have to wonder, is Mike White just a gamer, like someone who is unimpressive in practice but turns it on when it's real?  Like, how did the play Flacco over him?  So frustrating.  Been my biggest w/ this regime by far is the handling of the QB position but however confusing those decisions have been, hopefully White continues the play in the second half the rest of the season. 

They Played Flacco over him because if they played MW and he lit up the first 4 games how do you hand the ball over to Zach and not have a huge controversy ? With Flacco, even if he lit it up, he's 37 and you know there's no way the Jets were going with him long term, they would be labeled Idiots. 

It all comes down to that stupid word Ceiling and when you look at Mike Whites arm its strong enough to make every throw on the field with no problem. When he needs to zip it in there in tight coverage 20 yards down field he has no problem at all he even had one he zipped in at 30 yards today so with that being said Someone anyone explain to me ceiling . So Zach has an elite arm that never seems to be showcased because this team is terrified to let him throw the ball deep because of his terrible decision making. His scrambling is amazing but he always seems to go the wrong way which negates that talent anyhow .In the end in that scenario what ceiling means is just another excuse to play a guy that just does not "get it" because well he's a great athlete. White stood in the pocket all day long and threw a lot of passes with pressure around him Zach would have Bailed numerous times today and this would have been a game we would have been lucky to pull out with him at the helm 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Wow.

What a game. 

The offense just played with a spark that you don't see when Wilson and Flacco are in. They clearly love Mike White. I hope he keeps it up. I don't want to jump out the window over beating a bad bears team without their QB. But great win. 

I'm not sure its about loving White its about how White Commands the Huddle, gets the team in Rhythm, and just takes over the game from every aspect of the position. 

8 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

MW had a fantastic game today! I’m actually much more concerned with our defense’s very poor tackling today for our big game next week against the Vikings than I am worried about how White will do against them.

There are going to be some tough games this is the NFL and even the elite QB's have tough outings. Lets not lose perspective that this was Whites 4th start. But even with it being his 4th start you can already see he learned from last year. He is still a young QB from the games played perspective but I think he's sharp enough not to go out and lose games for us like Wilson did. I think White will get better and better and he will have some ups and downs we just need to ride with him and give him the same shot Zach got because he deserves it. IMHO Zachs leash was way to long and Whites was way too short.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why SHOULDN'T we "love White"?  In his 4 starts we have two of the best passing games of the last decade or two, one great start cut short by an injury (Colts) and one bad game against the leagues best pass D at that time.

So why shouldn't we love him a little?

Because he's a mid-round pick?  

Because he doesn't have some mythical "elite ceiling"?

Because a few other teams cut him?

I gotta tell you, if feels like we have a potential Kirk Cousins here, or something akin, and all most Jets Fans want to do is tone down ANY idea that White could, in fact, be an NFL starter.  Because one bad game against Buffalo, a "bad game" where he still threw for more yards than the best games of many other against that same D.  Yeah, turnovers, got it.

Mike White has shown me enough in his four starts that I would want to see him get a fair shake at being our starter.  Not temporary.  Not placeholder.  Not "till Zach sorts things out".  Maybe not even "till we sign Jimmy G next offseason" or the like.  A strait up fair shot to keep starting, and see where he can take us.

He’s earning it.

Good for him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why SHOULDN'T we "love White"?  In his 4 starts we have two of the best passing games of the last decade or two, one great start cut short by an injury (Colts) and one bad game against the leagues best pass D at that time.

I gotta tell you, if feels like we have a potential Kirk Cousins here, or something akin, and all most Jets Fans want to do is tone down ANY idea that White could, in fact, be an NFL starter.  Because one bad game against Buffalo, a "bad game" where he still threw for more yards than the best games of many other against that same D.  Yeah, turnovers, got it.

Mike White has shown me enough in his four starts that I would want to see him get a fair shake at being our starter.  Not temporary.  Not placeholder.  Not "till Zach sorts things out".  Maybe not even "till we sign Jimmy G next offseason" or the like.  A strait up fair shot to keep starting, and see where he can take us.

War you do realize who you quoted here right ?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Things I said this week  

1. Zach Wilson should have been benched for white vs NE

2. Zach Wilson shouldn’t see the field until he can complete a short pass in his sleep 

3. I hope white is a HOF QB but I am skeptical until I see it happen, he had a 6.2% INT rate going into today 

if you want to put words in my mouth and create a story in your head so you can play the “I told you so” game instead of enjoying today win, that’s your problem 

Was all this sprinkled betwixt the incessant b*tching and moaning?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

100% well said 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I figured you would dislike his bravado… not your type of player ??‍♂️

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As I stated this morning I was petrified of this game. I thought White was dramatically overrated last year outside of the one game and I thought if he comes out and lays an egg we are in a horrible spot. Not only did that not happen but White looked totally in control. He was facing a defense he should do well against and he exceeded that expectation by quite a bit. 

Next two weeks are key but I see no reason for him to not be the starter if his performance is even 85% of today's level.

Let's give a shout out to Bam who had a great first game in the NFL.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There is an alternate reality right now where Zach Wilson went 9 of 18 for 126 yards in a 13-10 Jets win and this board is littered with people talking about how a gritty Zach Wilson gutted out another win in a driving rainstorm without his two starting running backs. 

RLLOL

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There is an alternate reality right now where Zach Wilson went 9 of 18 for 126 yards in a 13-10 Jets win and this board is littered with people talking about how a gritty Zach Wilson gutted out another win in a driving rainstorm without his two starting running backs. 

Still 7-4. Guys a winner. 

• Haha 1