Interesting ZW take on GameDay

PorP

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He could get away with freelancing in college because of the level of competition and Oline as you mentioned. He wasn’t playing chess out there at BYU because he didn’t have to. It was relatively easy.

It sounds like to me Wilson needs to up his study/preparation game to compensate maybe for his distractions to play at an NFL level. It’s common and nothing out of the ordinary. Baking it in as an excuse especially for such a high pick doesn’t help anyone. 

You’re refusing to address the forgetting the play call part of things. It’s pretty easy to remember something like a play call for under a minute. Play clock is 40 seconds. If that he can’t remember a play for that small a window, there’s probably something going on that can be medically treated.

That he might need to prepare better and might have a medical condition that needs to be treated aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. I’m sure he needs to prepare better too. No amount of preparation is going to help him remember something for 40 seconds.

Bigger issue than his preparation is he’s extraordinarily lackadaisical on the field. Sloppy footwork for no reason, not throwing the ball all the way out of bounds when he’s trying to throw it away, etc. It’s like a little leaguer trying to imitate their favorite professional baseball player with their batting stance and swing, only he’s a professional athlete and not good enough to play like Rodgers at the NFL level.

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

I agree, at a lil bit of an overreaction here based on one picture and if we're analyzing pictures, the one that should bother people is where all the QB's were looking at the tablet's and Zach wasnt...that's interesting to me considering this report. 

That’s what stuck out to me too. Who knows. 

4 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Sorry to hear that.  Have you ever tried mindfulness or breathing exercises?  If not, might be something to try out.  There is a book on Amazon called Practicing Mindfulness that opened my eyes to some of the struggles I had and helped me overcome them.  The audio book is really really good.

To be honest, i have not done with any regularity. I know i should. I am pretty knowledgeable about those things, i just haven't implemented them as i should. i will download the book now, as i have a couple audible credits i need to use. Thank you!

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, MARTIN said:

To be honest, i have not done with any regularity. I know i should. I am pretty knowledgeable about those things, i just haven't implemented them as i should. i will download the book now, as i have a couple audible credits i need to use. Thank you!

You’re clearly intelligent, open minded and willing to share vulnerabilities (we all have them).  Good on you!!  Please keep working on it and sharing your story.  Never know where you get to and who you inspire :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

On a scale of things to be concerned about currently it is at the bottom, but I thought the Jets did Zach no favors having him stand on the sidelines for the cameras to easily find every time Mike White did something well. 

I agree and with what you say here...... the fans I was near nobody was happy that Zach was benched rather we were happy White was executing "simple" things right that made the offense just better.

However, we also noted that MLF got too much heat but that it was clear he changed the game plan, such as putting EM in the slot etc. so there was that as well.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

I wouldn’t put it past the tv network to do that.

But they showed him a lot and every time to my recollection he looked very grumpy, even when the team was doing well. Hard to say, but I had hoped to see him engaged and rooting for his teammates hard. That didn’t appear to be the case, but as you say, the network tv coverage could have been trying to play that up I suppose.

When Elijah Moore asked for a trade everyone said how can he be unhappy when they are winning? What a jerk everyone said 

When Zach mopes around the sideline during a 21 point victory we should be able to ask the same. Instead the Zach apologies group has all this empathy all of a sudden. It's so hard to be 23 years old and lose the job you never earned in the first place. Boo frigging hoo 

Zach wilson has already been given far too much benefit of the doubt. He's a classless pos until he proves otherwise. He is a bad qb, a sh*t teammate and a terrible leader. He's also a disgrace to the C patch 

And oh by the way, Moore was right about everything 

• Upvote 2