White > Wilson

Bronx

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He’ll have to do it over a few games obviously- If he maintains this level to close the season he’d suddenly become a hot commodity and at that point you have to evaluate how sustainable it is.

I don’t think he will though, I expect a drop off against better defences. I think White is a good situational player but we seen when he has to force things it gets pretty ugly. 

He's had 1 bad game against Buffalo. They were down 24-3 and he forced some things. His other games were good. 

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He’ll have to do it over a few games obviously-

And stay healthy, his fail last year, yes, agreed.

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If he maintains this level to close the season he’d suddenly become a hot commodity and at that point you have to evaluate how sustainable it is.

I don’t think he will though, I expect a drop off against better defences. I think White is a good situational player but we seen when he has to force things it gets pretty ugly. 

Against Buffalo.  Where he throw for alot of yards (for vs. Buffalo) but too many INT's, agreed.  Maybe he learned from that.  Maybe he was trying to win knowing nothing meaningful was on the line (at that point the season was already over, post-season wise).  

All I'm saying is in 4 starts, he's given two of the best passing games we Jets have seen in two decades.  And he was well on the way vs. the Colts last year before he got hurt.

If a #2 overall draft pick had what White has in four starts, our fanbase would have already anointed him the next Namath.

But because he's likely more a "Pennington/Cousins" type, there seems to still be nothing but doubt over him.  If Tom Brady had been a Jet, he'd have got one start, then we'd all have been demanding Browning Nagle start anyway, because "potential", lol.

He had a lot of turnovers last year, but he had no one to throw to.  I’m not sure he can carry an offense by himself yet,  but imagine this efficiency with Brice Hall in the backfield?  I hope he keeps this up and the Jets can avoid spending big on a vet next year.  Let Zach be the long term backup learning to be  a pro. 

I really think there’s enough here if Hall didn’t get hurt.