Zach Wilson will not start another game for the jets

Darnold Schwarzenegger

9 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Wrong.  Every team does not have a Mike White who can throw for 300 and 3 TDs. Y the end of the 3rd quarter.   Mike White is doing what he’s supposed to do for someone who should be starting.  

Against a terrible defense.  He was 3rd string a month ago. Let’s pump the brakes here lol 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’m loving this game

but

the bears have been giving up 30 a game. Every team in the NFL has a Mike White on the roster that can win with a great defense 

Wilson was drafted because his arm talent and athleticism put him in the top 15 QBs on planet earth.  

it’s in the best interest of the jets for Zach to reset, focus, grow and learn and win back the job next summer 

let’s not vilify and bury the guy. 

I have 0 confidence that ZW will ever be the guy. I don’t care that he has a rocket for an arm he has a pea for a brain. He can’t hit simple screen passes. He’s statistically the worst qb the last 2 years. He won’t magically get better. Even if he does improve he will still be worse than white

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I have 0 confidence that ZW will ever be the guy. I don’t care that he has a rocket for an arm he has a pea for a brain. He can’t hit simple screen passes. He’s statistically the worst qb the last 2 years. He won’t magically get better. Even if he does improve he will still be worse than white

That’s entirely possible. But since he has elite abilities, the jets should do everything possible to build him up. If he’s not the guy, at least try to prop up his trade value. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

That’s entirely possible. But since he has elite abilities, the jets should do everything possible to build him up. If he’s not the guy, at least try to prop up his trade value. 

Fair argument. Not sure what his elite abilities are tho. Rocket arm means nothing when you’re inaccurate. And I doubt there will ever be trade value but I guess you gotta try 🤷‍♂️  

I just think it’s better to cut ties and move on because he is clearly not the answer.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Think Jets will go after a veteran next year whether it Grappolo, Mariota, Jackson or even trading for Arron Rogers as Greenbay will probably blow the whole thing up and rebuild. White isn't the answer Zach will be out of the NFL by year 5. White proves one thing Zach has no business playing on a NFL roster White is a average QB see what he did imagine if the Jets had a above average QB.

When’s the last time the jets had average qb play? Honest question. Chad Pennington 16 years ago? Right now I’ll take it.

Mike white might not be the answer. But he gets the rest of the season to show what he’s got. He looked damn good today.

they probably sign a vet regardless.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Think Jets will go after a veteran next year whether it Grappolo, Mariota, Jackson or even trading for Arron Rogers as Greenbay will probably blow the whole thing up and rebuild. White isn't the answer Zach will be out of the NFL by year 5. White proves one thing Zach has no business playing on a NFL roster White is a average QB see what he did imagine if the Jets had a above average QB.

Joe Douglas will need to have a good draft to cover himself for worst draft pick in jet history. And becton pick also horrible. 

• Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Given that we have spooged the 2nd and 3rd overall picks on QB's within the last 5 drafts - this sounds like a solid plan

Jay Glazer reported on FOX that...

...Team lost confidence in Wilson

...Wilson lost confidence in his play

...Teammates felt like while his apology was genuine..."that was the first time they saw him be genuine (or something like that)

if true, and based on how team rallied around MW....Saleh and Douglas have some soul searching to do this season and upcoming offseason.

• Upvote 4

Who knows? Zack could return and become our own Super Star Franchize QB every team wishes they had.

But for now, Zack seems like a rich, spoiled Gen Z'er who's had everything handed to him, even his consolation trophies for not winning.

The 'real world' tends to smack people in the face, especially young persons who are completely unprepared.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

When’s the last time the jets had average qb play? Honest question. Chad Pennington 16 years ago? Right now I’ll take it.

Mike white might not be the answer. But he gets the rest of the season to show what he’s got. He looked damn good today.

they probably sign a vet regardless.

No, Fitzpatrick had a career year here in 2015 throwing for 30 TDs. Finished 10-6 but missed the playoffs thanks to Rex's Bills.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Against a terrible defense.  He was 3rd string a month ago. Let’s pump the brakes here lol 

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

So tell me how many QBs have thrown for 300 yards and 3 TDs against the bears this year let alone by the end of the 3rd quarter.  

None. @Larz just doesn’t want to get his hopes up and admit MW killed it today.

• Upvote 1