Jump to content

Zach Wilson will not start another game for the jets


Darnold Schwarzenegger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Most NFL players, regardless of race, come from non-affluent backgrounds and make a life-damaging choose to play football for money.

Have you seen pictures of the Wilson’s in Utah’s kitchen?  He is not fitting in with the players, particularly on defense, unless he is great at what he does, and is humble.  

I think Josh Allen also comes from an affluent background, but he earned the respect of the players.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I agree, I think they trade him in the offseason.  He's just not a fit here, or anywhere really but specifically not a healthy place for him anymore.

if they play White all season, but he doesn't become "the answer", which is likely....i don't see how they trade Wilson without giving him another shot. Maybe if they can bring in a proven QB? i guess a lot of it depends on what they see behind closed doors.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Wrong.  Every team does not have a Mike White who can throw for 300 and 3 TDs. Y the end of the 3rd quarter.   Mike White is doing what he’s supposed to do for someone who should be starting.  

It's great that he played so well for us and the team - and himself of course. But I hope you realize this was not the Pats D, Broncos D or Bills D by a loooong shot. MW was barely rushed into a throw the whole game. Zach will be more than likely be back by Jacksonville unless M Effin White plays great against the Bills. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think at this point, the only way Zach gets back on the field this season is if the Jets end up in a position where the final game in Miami means nothing for them win or lose. They'd have to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. If that happens, which I doubt, Zach Wilson could possibly get that game.

But assuming that doesn't happen, I think he's done unless there is an injury. The Jets will ride Mike White the rest of this year and then, depending on how they feel about Mike White, have an open competition with Mike White and Zach Wilson next year which Mike White will win unless Zach makes a incredible turnaround, or the Jets will go out and get a veteran QB like Jimmy G or Derek Carr who will be the unquestioned QB for the Jets next year.

Either way it's starting to look like Zach is done. I always hope for the best with our players but it doesn't look good for him at this point.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Think Jets will go after a veteran next year whether it Grappolo, Mariota, Jackson or even trading for Arron Rogers as Greenbay will probably blow the whole thing up and rebuild. White isn't the answer Zach will be out of the NFL by year 5. White proves one thing Zach has no business playing on a NFL roster White is a average QB see what he did imagine if the Jets had a above average QB.

 

 

 

 

Let’s see how the team plays the next 2 weeks with White at the Helm and this D playing the way it does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

What did glazer say?

i posted it in another thead. he said that outside of what the public position has been from the coaches....

Team lost confidence in Wilson

Wilson lost confidence in his throwing and ability to read open receivers

Wilson's apology although heartfelt, was the first time he actually seemed to be genuine

And then he said something like, no one knows when Wilson finds the confidence or the team finds confidence in him again

paraphrasing, but something like that....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

i posted it in another thead. he said that outside of what the public position has been from the coaches....

Team lost confidence in Wilson

Wilson lost confidence in his throwing and ability to read open receivers

Wilson's apology although heartfelt, was the first time he actually seemed to be genuine

And then he said something like, no one knows when Wilson finds the confidence or the team finds confidence in him again

paraphrasing, but something like that....

Appreciate you posting again.

thanks.

Not a good look for Zach

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Larz said:

I’m loving this game

but

the bears have been giving up 30 a game. Every team in the NFL has a Mike White on the roster that can win with a great defense 

Wilson was drafted because his arm talent and athleticism put him in the top 15 QBs on planet earth.  
 

it’s in the best interest of the jets for Zach to reset, focus, grow and learn and win back the job next summer 

let’s not vilify and bury the guy. 

Well did you ever consider that they were able to open up the entire play book because  they were not limited because of the QB

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It's great that he played so well for us and the team - and himself of course. But I hope you realize this was not the Pats D, Broncos D or Bills D by a loooong shot. MW was barely rushed into a throw the whole game. Zach will be more than likely be back by Jacksonville unless M Effin White plays great against the Bills. 

Like I said.  Show me a QB who threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs against the Bears this year besides Mike White.  Don’t worry, I’ll wait

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I think you would still let Zack either compete for the starting job with White and whoever else or at least backup White if White dies real well the rest of the year.

I think they should trade him ASAP.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Think Jets will go after a veteran next year whether it Grappolo, Mariota, Jackson or even trading for Arron Rogers as Greenbay will probably blow the whole thing up and rebuild. White isn't the answer Zach will be out of the NFL by year 5. White proves one thing Zach has no business playing on a NFL roster White is a average QB see what he did imagine if the Jets had a above average QB.

 

 

 

 

After a game like today and considering what other teams have at QB, I think Mike White is good enough for us. He can be our Alex Smith and give the next guy time to sit and learn. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach Wilson will be on this team a minimum of 2 more years.  There is 0 reason to let him go.  He young and you try to develop him over the next 2 years and see if he turns into anything.

 

Sure there’s reasons. Zach was visibly upset to see the team and Mike White play well today. He’s not a good teammate. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him request a trade this offseason seeing as he won’t be guaranteed the starting position next year, which might be best for both parties. 

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach Wilson will be on this team a minimum of 2 more years.  There is 0 reason to let him go.  He young and you try to develop him over the next 2 years and see if he turns into anything.

 

Some one with a some common sense post.  I really do not get the hate we tend to have toward our own players.   Folks wanted to run Denzel Mims out of town, cut him after the season ended.  Now the guy is contributing and showing signs of having a future as 3rd or 4th receiver on the team and is already the best run blocking WR on the team. 

Many folks also wanted to cut Becton and declare him a bust even though he has played well when healthy (yeah I know he hasn't been healthy the last two seasons...) .   Instead of bringing him back, allowing him to compete for LT or RT some folks want him cut because he has not performed to their expectations.   He could be quality depth or even push to start, worst case we cut him and move on but no need to make rash decisions.  

Now folks want to run Zach out of town, instead of just keeping him on the bench (where he apparently should have been all along) and let him develop.  We have nothing to lose if he doesn't get any better; they can always cut him next preseason if he is that bad.   If there is anything we should have learned by now is not everyone develops at the same rate or plays to their draft position.  It doesn't mean they can't become servicable or even good players with develoment.   

At this point I am all for bringing in a solid vet to compete or to be the starter.  Let Zach continue to work and prove he deserves to play.   He may get another opportunity at some point and if or when he better be ready.  

I think he really should probably sit for an entire season.  He needs master the fundamentals of the game and work on getting his confidence back.  It may not be with the Jets, it may not happen at all for him, but there is talent there and this CS needs to do everything they can to see if they can get it out of him before moving on.   That does not mean starting him. 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Some one with a some common sense post.  I really do not get the hate we tend to have toward our own players.   Folks wanted to run Denzel Mims out of town, cut him after the season ended.  Now the guy is contributing and showing signs of having a future as 3rd or 4th receiver on the team and is already the best run blocking WR on the team. 

Many folks also wanted to cut Becton and declare him a bust even though he has played well when healthy (yeah I know he hasn't been healthy the last two seasons...) .   Instead of bringing him back, allowing him to compete for LT or RT some folks want him cut because he has not performed to their expectations.   He could be quality depth or even push to start, worst case we cut him and move on but no need to make rash decisions.  

Now folks want to run Zach out of town, instead of just keeping him on the bench (where he apparently should have been all along) and let him develop.  We have nothing to lose if he doesn't get any better; they can always cut him next preseason if he is that bad.   If there is anything we should have learned by now is not everyone develops at the same rate or plays to their draft position.  It doesn't mean they can't become servicable or even good players with develoment.   

At this point I am all for bringing in a solid vet to compete or to be the starter.  Let Zach continue to work and prove he deserves to play.   He may get another opportunity at some point and if or when he better be ready.  

I think he really should probably sit for an entire season.  He needs master the fundamentals of the game and work on getting his confidence back.  It may not be with the Jets, it may not happen at all for him, but there is talent there and this CS needs to do everything they can to see if they can get it out of him before moving on.   That does not mean starting him. 

 

We want to run Zach out of town because he’s epically terrible. I’d rather give his roster spot to someone with more potential. He is a practice squad talent. Let him learn there.

I don’t see any scenario where he becomes a serviceable qb. He does nothing good. He should have to fight for his roster spot. It shouldn’t be handed to him because he was drafted high.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess it all depends on how white plays the rest of the year, he’s also young at 27.

but with this team entering a “championship window” you have to think they go out and get someone like carr or Jimmy g. 
 

you control Wilson for 2 more years. If he needs to not be active for 2 years you can do that and let him grow. Maybe it wasn’t shown, but I would’ve liked to see him more active on the sideline, call sheet in hand, something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Larz said:

I’m loving this game

but

the bears have been giving up 30 a game. Every team in the NFL has a Mike White on the roster that can win with a great defense 

Wilson was drafted because his arm talent and athleticism put him in the top 15 QBs on planet earth.  
 

it’s in the best interest of the jets for Zach to reset, focus, grow and learn and win back the job next summer 

let’s not vilify and bury the guy. 

I’m a guy who thinks Zach can develop into a good QB and has very high upside.

BUT - I don’t understand why you are so sure that Mike White can’t be a top 15 QB or the longterm answer at the position?  He’s played 4 games and two of them have been awesome sauce. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike White did what he was supposed to do. Hit the open man, move the chains, and make good decisions. And yes, I think White played against an inferior defense but these are the games a good team needs to win. Still threw for over 300 yds and had three TDs while not turning the ball over. With this play all season, it's possible our record would be better. ZW may play again if MW drops off against the Vikings and Bills. Then yes, maybe we see ZW again. If I were betting and I'm not, MW will play promising against the Vikings and maybe not so against the Bills but remains the starter against the Lions and the rest.

 

JF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Some one with a some common sense post.  I really do not get the hate we tend to have toward our own players.   Folks wanted to run Denzel Mims out of town, cut him after the season ended.  Now the guy is contributing and showing signs of having a future as 3rd or 4th receiver on the team and is already the best run blocking WR on the team. 

Many folks also wanted to cut Becton and declare him a bust even though he has played well when healthy (yeah I know he hasn't been healthy the last two seasons...) .   Instead of bringing him back, allowing him to compete for LT or RT some folks want him cut because he has not performed to their expectations.   He could be quality depth or even push to start, worst case we cut him and move on but no need to make rash decisions.  

Now folks want to run Zach out of town, instead of just keeping him on the bench (where he apparently should have been all along) and let him develop.  We have nothing to lose if he doesn't get any better; they can always cut him next preseason if he is that bad.   If there is anything we should have learned by now is not everyone develops at the same rate or plays to their draft position.  It doesn't mean they can't become servicable or even good players with develoment.   

At this point I am all for bringing in a solid vet to compete or to be the starter.  Let Zach continue to work and prove he deserves to play.   He may get another opportunity at some point and if or when he better be ready.  

I think he really should probably sit for an entire season.  He needs master the fundamentals of the game and work on getting his confidence back.  It may not be with the Jets, it may not happen at all for him, but there is talent there and this CS needs to do everything they can to see if they can get it out of him before moving on.   That does not mean starting him. 

 

Great post.  Becton will also be back and be given a chance to compete for the LT or RT position next year.  You dont cut or trade talented players that you draft.  You give them time to develop, let them compete and see if they can win a job.

This is what a good organization does.  Some jet fans just want to run guys out of town the minute things dont go well.

The good news is, i have noticed jet fans are really starting to understand what it takes to win and these awful takes are becoming less and less.

Love it jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach Wilson will be on this team a minimum of 2 more years.  There is 0 reason to let him go.  He young and you try to develop him over the next 2 years and see if he turns into anything.

 

How does this work? You play him the first year and a half then bench him and develop his footwork, etc for the next 2 years while someone else starts?

What happens then? So you think the Wilson camp would be ok with this and not demand a trade?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I have 0 confidence that ZW will ever be the guy. I don’t care that he has a rocket for an arm he has a pea for a brain. He can’t hit simple screen passes. He’s statistically the worst qb the last 2 years. He won’t magically get better. Even if he does improve he will still be worse than white

More expert analysis. lmao

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...