A respectful FU to those who judged White as bad after 4 games!!

34 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Now I’m not going to be hypocritical and say he’s great or even an average starter after his fifth game (against the Bears) but he is a legitimate NFL QB who can lead a quick pass offense like this.  As long as he keeps his INTs down.

Lets start to open our eyes and loosen attached ways of thinking AND our egos.

Thank you Mike White!!  Thank you!!

Respectfully not  supposed to call other posters out, 

• Upvote 1

i like to think this board is full of educated football fans, but the reactionary garbage is making me question that.

...Mike White looked great today, better than Wilson or Flacco obv

...The bears are a bad team without their top 2 corners, their QB, their arguably most explosive RB, their all pro S (left the game), and an OL that today for the first time was the same as last week

...On the road

I am cautiously optimistic about White, and i realize how much Zach hurt you people....but maybe lets wait until Minnesota and Buffalo on the road before "being vindicated" 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i like to think this board is full of educated football fans, but the reactionary garbage is making me question that.

...The bears are a bad team without their top 2 corners, their QB, their arguably most explosive RB, their all pro S (left the game), and an OL that today for the first time was the same as last week

...On the road

I am cautiously optimistic about White, and i realize how much Zach hurt you people....but maybe lets wait until Minnesota and Buffalo on the road before "being vindicated" 

These are exactly my thoughts. Without a doubt I want White to be successful because I want the JETS to win. However I can see that this wasn’t some even average team we beat. People are just foaming out the mouth to have white succeed and Zach burn. I don’t care either way I just want a good team to get a run at the playoffs. I don’t think any qb on the roster will be the the definite starter next year. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

These are exactly my thoughts. Without a doubt I want White to be successful because I want the JETS to win. However I can see that this wasn’t some even average team we beat. People are just foaming out the mouth to have white succeed and Zach burn. I don’t care either way I just want a good team to get a run at the playoffs. I don’t think any qb on the roster will be the the definite starter next year. 

we are all hungry for it, people need to understand this is a week to week league.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

...On the road

When’s the last time ZW threw for 300 yards and 3 tds? 

answer: it’s never happened

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I called this since Tuesday. I knew white would have a good game against one of the worst Ds in the league. People would without a doubt get cocky with the “I told you so” attitude. I have little faith that white is an anything beyond a bottom 10 starter. However I can see when there is an opportunity for him to be successful such as today. I’m glad the jets won, but the attitude on some here is crazy to try and prove how right they are. 

We just knew Zach wasn’t good enough to be an NFL QB.  That’s all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The Zach guys are very threatened by Mike White’s excellent game today. “Umm, umm, well let’s see what happens. We knew Mike White would do this against the worstest team ever. He has do reproduce this every single game from here on or Zach should get another shot”. 

You are confusing people being rational as Zach fans. One does not have to equal the other. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know if he's a legitimate starting NFL QB long term or not. But it's clear he's better than Zach Wilson and that is good enough right now.

He knows how to read a defense and where to go with the football. He doesn't melt under pressure. They blitzed him early in the 2nd quarter and he knew right where to go with the football and hit Uzomah on a quick pass on third down to get the first. That might have been my favorite play of the game and it amounted to like 8 yards.

• Upvote 2

If I had to hear that a$$hole Johnston say that White was so bad after his first game one more ******* time.  He only threw for 95 yards in his 2nd start!  He played 14 ******* snaps you moron.  The lack of durability is a serious problem.  So is the fact that his throws may be susceptible to being picked by better secondaries.  The Bears had a ton of injuries, so I am not acting like this will happen every week, but the guy did his job.  We knew he would slaughter the Bears.  IF you're telling the truth, if Wilson started, you would not be quite so sure.

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

I called this since Tuesday. I knew white would have a good game against one of the worst Ds in the league. People would without a doubt get cocky with the “I told you so” attitude. I have little faith that white is a anything beyond a bottom 10 starter. However I can see when there is an opportunity for him to be successful such as today. I’m glad the jets won, but the attitude on some here is crazy to try and prove how right they are. 

Does Wilson put up 320 and 3tds today? 

No. No he does not.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

By the way, I have no idea if he is the one so I want to clarify that.

Im just saying let’s not write him off after 4 games starting.  Let’s also not annoint him after 5 games.  Let’s instead give him a chance these next several games.

This is not accurate.  They were not just writing him off after 4 starts.  It was 3 starts.  In two of them he performed to a pro bowl standard.  He put up 250 against the #1 D in the NFL in the 3rd, but threw 4 INTs.  The 4th game he played minutes in was the Patriot game after Wilson got knocked out.  Wilson had actually been having a decent game.  White threw for over 200 yards but 2 picks.  The least yards Mike White has put up in a game he started and finished is 251,  As I pointed out in another thread, despite Darryl Johnston being an idiot, when White threw for 95 against the Colts it was in 14 snaps and probably the thing that made him look worst was Josh Johnson's subsequent success.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Does Wilson put up 320 and 3tds today? 

No. No he does not.

Wilson sucks so prob not but he would have better stats than he has over the past month strictly based on the competition. 

If white plays great then fantastic! I just don’t see him playing well against the tougher teams. The difference is that if im wrong then I’ll be happy about it. 

• Upvote 2

If the offensive line can hold up, Mike White can lead the Jets to the playoffs.

It will take beating the Jags and Lions at home as a fav..and taking at least one of the games  @Vikings, @Bills, @Seahawks and @Dolphins.. as a likely dog in all 4.

Unlike ZW, Mike White is not going to dirt short passes or throw them feet over his receiver’s head..sitting wide open in the flat.

Wilson may still have a future in this league and possibly with the Jets, but it’s obvious Mike “effin” White is our QB going forward in ‘22.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I love what he did today but this is the 29th ranked defense missing 3 starters in the secondary. Let’s not crown him yet, I hope he is the one. 

Hopefully we get 2 seasons of absolutely horrid play that we can fully rationalize before we ever have to consider judging him.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You are confusing people being rational as Zach fans. One does not have to equal the other. 

the reason why @Saul Goodman can overreact to one game is because if White doesn't play well the next 2 weeks, he will be nowhere to be found. like you i prefer to be rational and take it a week at a time until we finally solve our QB issues.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BloodGreen said:

In fairness and given todays society, if he sh*ts the bed next week it will go back to the “he’s bad” narrative. We don’t allow the future to develop anymore In any aspect of life, just make snap judgments and bold predictions based on snapshots in time. So this way everyone is kind of right sometimes.

Yep- agree.  But it is hypercritical for some to say Zach needs more time and the same to say White sucks after 4 games starting.  That’s the point. 

Happy for White and still hoping Zach can pull it together after getting to the root of his issues.  Doesn’t have to be either or.

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

As a staunch why not Mike White defender, I feel vindicated, the sample size was small but so tasty, he couldnt be denied and I knew it.

@TuscanyTile2

It was exciting. When was the last time we blew a game out like that. We won a lot over Miami but that was still in doubt in the 4th. We were obviously too far ahead already early in the third. I was petrified of this game. If White had laid an egg it could have destroyed this team but his performance was stellar. And BAM and Johnson looked great as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I love what he did today but this is the 29th ranked defense missing 3 starters in the secondary. Let’s not crown him yet, I hope he is the one. 

Exactly.  

"Good" NFL QBS like Kirk cousins get 28 million a year. When people here are ready to give him that type of contract I'll believe those that think he's "good."

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

If I had to hear that a$$hole Johnston say that White was so bad after his first game one more ******* time.  He only threw for 95 yards in his 2nd start!  He played 14 ******* snaps you moron.  The lack of durability is a serious problem.  So is the fact that his throws may be susceptible to being picked by better secondaries.  The Bears had a ton of injuries, so I am not acting like this will happen every week, but the guy did his job.  We knew he would slaughter the Bears.  IF you're telling the truth, if Wilson started, you would not be quite so sure.

We would likely win but would be talking about how badly the run game misses Carter and Breece, rather than praising Bam and Ty. 

• Upvote 1