A respectful FU to those who judged White as bad after 4 games!!

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

The Zach guys are very threatened by Mike White’s excellent game today. “Umm, umm, well let’s see what happens. We knew Mike White would do this against the worstest team ever. He has to reproduce this every single game from here on or Zach should get another shot”. 

Maybe, just maybe, some of us aren't into nihilism.  Life isn't always a black and white issue.  Some of us are Jets fans, agreed with benching ZW at this point, and rooted for White to succeed.  Like me.

But I do not understand the need to continually trash on a 22 yo that hasn't figured out the NFL yet, while he still has some talent and can potentially be an asset down the line.  Fine...White is QB until he isn't.  I don't care, I just want the NYJ to win.  I'm not 'threatened' by MW.  He had a great game.  I applaud him.

But Wilson is now a sunk cost, on a 4 yr deal that you cannot recoup $ from.  We should all hope he figures it out...or at least I thought so.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Maybe, just maybe, some of us aren't into nihilism.  Life isn't always a black and white issue.  Some of us are Jets fans, agreed with benching ZW at this point, and rooted for White to succeed.  Like me.

But I do not understand the need to continually trash on a 22 yo that hasn't figured out the NFL yet, while he still has some talent and can potentially be an asset down the line.  Fine...White is QB until he isn't.  I don't care, I just want the NYJ to win.  I'm not 'threatened' by MW.  He had a great game.  I applaud him.

But Wilson is now a sunk cost, on a 4 yr deal that you cannot recoup $ from.  We should all hope he figures it out...or at least I thought so.

Completely agree.  I actually have compassion for Zach and refuse to use words like ‘sucks’, etc.

The kid, by the coaches accounts, has put in a ton of work.  Unfortunately he has also felt the weight of Jet Nation on his shoulders despite the coaches telling him he can rely on others.  I truly believe that weight has led to an almost crippling form of performance anxiety.

The purpose of this thread is to celebrate those  (like White) who are written off too soon, not to bash Wilson.  I sincerely hope that we’ll be writing threads like this about Wilson in the future, after he figures things out this off-season.