Saleh Postgame Comments

4 minutes ago, bd71 said:

He knows he can’t upset an already fragile Wilson.  Fragile isn’t how I would want to describe my starting QB.  But this is Zach Wilson we’re talking about.

If Mike White Continues this, gets us to the playoffs, you can Throw Zach Wilson out with the bath water ! If you get my drift

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's a little reserved.  I honestly think he's trying to not be insulting to ZW.  If ZW had done this, Saleh would've had a huge smile the whole time.

With MW, he's saying "mastering the obvious".  

Probably didn’t want to insult His boss either for making the worst draft pick in jet history. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If Mike White Continues this, gets us to the playoffs, you can Throw Zach Wilson out with the bath water ! If you get my drift

Think Wilson's days are number regardless if they make the playoffs. The Jets will go after a veteran whether it's Grappolo, Mariota , or even trading for Arron Rogers if Greenbay blows the whole thing up  Don't think Zach is in future plans and Saleh knows White is band aid to a bigger problem that you have a fully ready to win team with no answer at QB.

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He also just said something about "boring football".  He's definitely doing his best to downplay MW's accomplishments today.

I don’t think he’s downplaying the accomplishments, I think he’s saying he likes boring football that just clips along at 8 yards per play and puts points on the board. Probably not a fan of the “exciting football” where a Tasmanian Devil scrambles for 35 yards behind the line of scrimmage before throwing 75 yards across his body for a 50/50 ball to be incomplete.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I don’t think he’s downplaying the accomplishments, I think he’s saying he likes boring football that just clips along at 8 yards per play and puts points on the board. Probably not a fan of the “exciting football” where a Tasmanian Devil scrambles for 35 yards behind the line of scrimmage before throwing 75 yards across his body for a 50/50 ball to be incomplete.

I think he's trying not to be too ebullient with the praise so as to not make ZW feel like he's yesterday's news.

• Upvote 3

Based on various snippets I have read, my theory is that Woody really wanted JD to draft a QB at 2 and not pay a FA, who may not be better, a lot of money.    Woody and JD fell for the clean up, JetBlue, Pro Day story of Zach Wilson.  

Let’s also remember that not only is Mike White NOT under contract in 2023, it was Adam Gase who actually brought him in.  

Zach Wilson was not prepared when he came back to play in 2022.  Not would be the good answer, because the other alternative is that he is hopeless.   I would not be opposed to rolling with a good value Mike White, plus Wilson, next year.  Wilson needs to be like Becton on an every day monitored development/training plan.  For Becton it is his body-for Wilson it is his football brain. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If ZW had done what MW did today, Saleh would've had the biggest sh-t eating grin on his face imaginable.  And no way would he have said "boring" and "mastering the obvious".

Mastering the obvious was a compliment to Mike White and a dig at Zach Wilson who is incapable of that. This offense ran exactly as designed. You are reading too much into that press conference. Saleh is thrilled with the performance instead of the sh*t show last week. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Mastering the obvious was a compliment to Mike White and a dig at Zach Wilson who is incapable of that. This offense ran exactly as designed. You are reading too much into that press conference. Saleh is thrilled with the performance instead of the sh*t show last week. 

If you think Saleh is taking digs at ZW then you're not "mastering the obvious".