Wait till next week Mike White played a terrible defense…

ECURB

1 minute ago, pointman said:

White was awesome today and I am all for him leading this team. But that Chicago D was beat up and garbage to begin with. Saying we should celebrate this win but be reserved about his future tenure contingent on his performance/s against more legitimate adversaries isn't being a hater. It's being a realist. 

He is the best QB in the NFL this year to play against the Bears.

So while they might suck… much higher rated QBs struggled against them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, k-met57 said:

if Mike White goes out there and throws 3 picks next week, i wouldnt be so confident that he is starting vs Buffalo. To be fair if Zach is a non starter because of his yipps or whatever else, it may be Flacco.

Smoke White is the unconditional leader of this team for better of fur worse.,No going back  now. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Smoke White is the unconditional leader of this team for better of fur worse.,No going back  now. 

you can give him all the cute nicknames you want....this is the same coaching staff that had him benched over Flacco first 3 games, and then had him 3rd on the depth chart.

51 minutes ago, Larz said:

3 starters missing from the secondary 

I’ll be the chief flag waiver for MW if he does it again next week  

it’s mostly a been there done that for me  

And a Zach Wilson led offense would have looked nothing like the efficient offense we saw today. Mike White has played 4 games, played great in 2, was playing well in 1 before getting injured, and force the issue down 24-3 against a much better Buffalo team last year and threw 4 picks. He is head and shoulders better than Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ECURB said:

He is the best QB in the NFL this year to play against the Bears.

So while they might suck… much higher rated QBs struggled against them.

I didn't take anything away from White. I loved his play and am excited to see what the future brings. I also remember last season, and am being cautiously optimistic. Minnesota will tell us a lot. White will finally get a fair shake here (hopefully) and lets see how it goes. I got my fingers crossed that he comes out of the season having secured his place here long term.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

if Mike White goes out there and throws 3 picks next week, i wouldnt be so confident that he is starting vs Buffalo. To be fair if Zach is a non starter because of his yipps or whatever else, it may be Flacco.

Please, no more Flacco. Anyone but Flacco. He isn't a solution, just a used band aid.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, the did move a bunch of stud defenders for picks and they lost a safety fairly early on.  OTOH, he barely lifted a finger in the 4th quarter.

The funny thing here is when the Jets won a couple of game against second string QB's you didn't give them credit. Now that the Jets won with a second string QB you are making excuses they won cause the other team were missing a few guys?  What are you looking for? We were missing our whole backfield, QB1, and some lineman. We won dude! This is the NFL, replacement layers are part of the game. When you realize that depth is more important then stars, you'll understand how to win in this league

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, shrekman1 said:

The funny thing here is when the Jets won a couple of game against second string QB's you didn't give them credit. Now that the Jets won with a second string QB you are making excuses they won cause the other team were missing a few guys?  What are you looking for? We were missing our whole backfield, QB1, and some lineman. We won dude! This is the NFL, replacement layers are part of the game. When you realize that depth is more important then stars, you'll understand how to win in this league

This is ******* hysterical.  You think I am making excuses?  I am, without doubt, a top 3 proponent of Mike White in this board.  This game didn't change my opinion because I knew he could play and would do this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

He also started 3 games.  The only one he was not good in was #1 D in points/yardage.  He played the Bills, Bengals, and Colts.  So the best D in football, the AFC representatives in the super bowl and the 9-8 Colts who were 9th in points against 16th in yards.  Against the Colts he had 2 drives and threw for 95 and a TD. 

His 4th game was when he came in against the Pats who were 2nd in points and 4th in yards allowed.  He looked decent enough against all of them.  Last year, I heard that White looked good because he had Elijah Moore and Wilson had nothing.  Well, we have seen Wilson with a full compliment and Ejijah Moore asked to be traded.  Meanwhile, White spread it around and was without Robinson.

Mahomes is of course “much the best”.  There really aren’t many QBs you can say that can bury you on a consistent basis in this league.  I’m watching Justin Herbert at 6’6” getting what seems every other pass tipped or batted down at the line, and I think he’s one of the best QBs in the league.  Believe it or not he leads the league in that, SD is 5-5.

Mike White and the Jets, as a whole, can do lots of damage in this league.  First and foremost they are already at that level where no one is happy to see them on their schedule anymore.  That’s far ahead of the time frame I ever thought that would happen. I just wanted the Jets to step up to “competitive” this year, wouldn’t have cared if they lost 10…11 games, just look like a pro team this year.

They’re even more dangerous the rest of this year because they’re playing with House money and should be loose.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

He took advantage of some busted coverages, but that’s what good qbs do. It’s clear that he is actually processing info quickly, doesn’t panic in the pocket, and is decisive and accurate. 

Will he be this prolific every week? Probably not, but he’s clearly our best option and I think deserves a shot to continue his development. 

Even if we're being extremely conservative here, can anyone make a case that there are 25 starting QBs in the league right now that clearly look like they're better than Mike White?

If the answer is "no", then everyone should be excited about the possibilities.  All we need is a top-25 QB to be capable of getting to the postseason and winning a game while we're there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

White was awesome today and I am all for him leading this team. But that Chicago D was beat up and garbage to begin with. Saying we should celebrate this win but be reserved about his future tenure contingent on his performance/s against more legitimate adversaries isn't being a hater. It's being a realist. 

Still holding that Zach Wilson candle eh

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

No he didn't. This was always going to be a get right game for Zach. Because he blew it with Connor Blowghes he lost that opportunity. Zach would have been much better against one of the worst defenses in the league that against all of those top 10 defenses. Let's hope Mike White can play well against the Bills - not sure he can put up the game Zach did. Hope he can, but it will determine whether that's his last game as a starter or not. Not a game against a bad team missing starters. That being said, he played great and you can only play who is in front of you. It was a must win and it was refreshing to see him play an excellent game. This game was a nice one to gain some confidence against some tough opponents coming up.

Mike White will play Minnesota next week.  Besides, it does not matter if Mike White plays below average - Zach Wilson cannot play QB right now.  CS would be fools to pull White after only a couple games.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Mike White huge improvement over Wilson.

That said the Jets are good and now the QB is meh instead of atrocious, White has to do it vs pressure, he has never proven he can that’s why he has been in the bench for so long.

Mike White had the best performance against the Bears this year even after they traded those players.  Last 4 games Mariota, Goff, Tua and Dak averaged:

230 yds

2 TDs

72% Comp 

White did that in 3 quarters today. You can marginalize what he did today all you want but you Wilson defenders fail to mention that the Bills were without 5 starters on defense and Wilson could only muster 150 yds passing.

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Mike White had the best performance against the Bears this year even after they traded those players.  Last 4 games Mariota, Goff, Tua and Dak averaged:

230 yds

2 TDs

72% Comp 

White did that in 3 quarters today. You can marginalize what he did today all you want but you Wilson defenders fail to mention that the Bills were without 5 starters on defense and Wilson could only muster 150 yds passing.

The Bears today aren't even as good as the mediocrity they were when they had Quinn and Smith and teams weren't even trying to pass the ball against them because their offense was so bad.

But, Jesus Christmas, I'm really psyched to see what he does next week. It can't come fast enough. 

The best case scenario is he balls out, we save the 27 mil per on Jimmy G and build a monster.

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Its actually being a pessimist.  A realist would be slightly more optimistic since he's done it against the AFC champ Bengals as well. 

I don't know what MW will be (based on our history, I'm more than good with this). I have a stronger feeling on what ZW will be in the near term.   

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

No he didn't. This was always going to be a get right game for Zach. Because he blew it with Connor Blowghes he lost that opportunity. Zach would have been much better against one of the worst defenses in the league that against all of those top 10 defenses. Let's hope Mike White can play well against the Bills - not sure he can put up the game Zach did. Hope he can, but it will determine whether that's his last game as a starter or not. Not a game against a bad team missing starters. That being said, he played great and you can only play who is in front of you. It was a must win and it was refreshing to see him play an excellent game. This game was a nice one to gain some confidence against some tough opponents coming up.

Zach’s get right games are 150 yds and 1 TD.  As has been said before, Mike White had the best game against the Bears this year and he did it in 3 quarters.  

White clearly earned the right to start for the remainder of the year.  

2 hours ago, pointman said:

How about waiting until he struggles.  If he does. 

The Jets played without Breece Hall and Michael Carter.  Robinson wasn’t even active. 

The players were pumped up and 10 different guys caught the ball.  Zach is usually too focused on one player.  

I don’t know if the future is Mike White, a reset Wilson or someone else but the Jets are 7-4 going into December.  None of us expected that.  I’m just rooting for wins and a playoff appearance.  I’m also rooting for a bright future since many of these guys are very young.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1