Wait till next week Mike White played a terrible defense…

ECURB

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, the did move a bunch of stud defenders for picks and they lost a safety fairly early on.  OTOH, he barely lifted a finger in the 4th quarter.

Also most of this game was in pouring rain which the Jets have never scored 31 points in a game like that in the over 50 years I have been watching them. So that was impressive for White to do as well.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ECURB said:

Easy for the haters to say “wait till next week”

However I am just going to leave the stats of all QBs against the Bears this year…

Strange how MW did better than all of them…

CB651A39-5D86-40BA-A30D-1F08921BB64D.jpeg

A93113F3-12DA-4688-9F92-7A5F7E09F27A.jpeg

It's possible to like Mike White and still be skeptical.  I hope he plays great in every game he plays.  I just think it's too early to be convinced he will.  Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It's possible to like Mike White and still be skeptical.  I hope he plays great in every game he plays.  I just think it's too early to be convinced he will.  Fingers crossed.

He had two of the best offensive football games the JETS have had in my lifetime.

No need to be skeptical, just enjoy the ride!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I don’t think many of you realize how bad the Bears defense is. Sind the trade deadline they’ve been in a league of their own. This is before losing 3/4 starters in the secondary for this game. 

Today the Bears got their first sack since Week 6 and their first pass defense in 3 weeks. 

If ZW starts today he likely looks a lot better. 

• More Ugh 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

No he didn't. This was always going to be a get right game for Zach. Because he blew it with Connor Blowghes he lost that opportunity. Zach would have been much better against one of the worst defenses in the league that against all of those top 10 defenses. Let's hope Mike White can play well against the Bills - not sure he can put up the game Zach did. Hope he can, but it will determine whether that's his last game as a starter or not. Not a game against a bad team missing starters. That being said, he played great and you can only play who is in front of you. It was a must win and it was refreshing to see him play an excellent game. This game was a nice one to gain some confidence against some tough opponents coming up.

Wilson had every opportunity for “get right games”.  In every one of them he fell short of what White just did.

It’s useless to talk about “what could have been”.  Wilson didn’t earn the chance to have an “easy” game.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

White isn't a world-beater, nor does he have to be. He's a guy that's capable of going through progressions, and getting the ball out to the playmakers on his team. That's all we need out of the position right now.

Yes he is an efficient point guard, now let’s see how he handles it with pressure can he still dish it and find the throwing lanes and read the D.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson had every opportunity for “get right games”.  In every one of them he fell short of what White just did.

It’s useless to talk about “what could have been”.  Wilson didn’t earn the chance to have an “easy” game.  

Correct.  And I think the CS called that 2nd half very aggressive through the air even when the game was no longer in doubt, almost like hey Zach look what you could be doing get your head out of your ass.  Shame the Jets are gonna go back to him next season you just know it.

37 minutes ago, PumpkinPie said:

I have no idea, but White didn’t do anything spectacular today. Guys were running wide open with ridiculous amounts of separation. Definitely a stat padding game for whomever is at QB. 

White can throw in rhythm. Zach would take another extra 0.5 and end up not having anyone open.

3 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

I don’t think many of you realize how bad the Bears defense is. Sind the trade deadline they’ve been in a league of their own. This is before losing 3/4 starters in the secondary for this game. 

Today the Bears got their first sack since Week 6 and their first pass defense in 3 weeks. 

Zach has never even sniffed the level of effectiveness MW showed… not even close.

He might have done better than the Pats game but he certainly wouldn’t have completed almost 8 out of 10 passes and 3TDs

3 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

Zach Wilson played the worst YPA defence in the NFL last season in a dome. 

He threw for 140 yards on 24 attempts, 0 TD's and a pick. 

Zach is bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 hours ago, ECURB said:

Easy for the haters to say “wait till next week”

However I am just going to leave the stats of all QBs against the Bears this year…

Strange how MW did better than all of them…

CB651A39-5D86-40BA-A30D-1F08921BB64D.jpeg

A93113F3-12DA-4688-9F92-7A5F7E09F27A.jpeg

The bears were playing w/ no secondary ..the heart of their defense ... this week.

Edited by Dunnie

12 hours ago, k-met57 said:

if Mike White goes out there and throws 3 picks next week, i wouldnt be so confident that he is starting vs Buffalo. To be fair if Zach is a non starter because of his yipps or whatever else, it may be Flacco.

I keep saying it over and over ..but the M. White anal appreciation crowd doesn't want to listen ... The next two weeks are crucial for Mike White.

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Zach Wilson played the worst YPA defence in the NFL last season in a dome. 

He threw for 140 yards on 24 attempts, 0 TD's and a pick. 

Zach is bad. 

I'm speechless how there are people who still don't understand that this doesn't have much to do with who we played, but how the offense was ran at an efficient level that we haven't seen with Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 4

I can't believe we're still talking about Zach Wilson.

Yes, this wasn't a good defense, no question....but anyone that's watched the Jets knows it's night and day the way this offense looked and was run with Mike White.

Mike White will be the starter the reset of way and into the playoffs.  How good he plays will determine if he can keep the job going into next year.  

If he goes something like 4-2 down the stretch and the O even resembles what we saw yesterday there is zero reason for him not to go into next year as the starter.  There are plenty of tough defenses coming up - so we'll learn enough over the next 6 weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

i'm not ready to put mike white in canton or even name him starter beyond the next game just yet.  i will say the offense looked much smoother and white was hitting receivers that were just as open as the ones wilson's been missing.  and he didn't panic and run around in circles thinking his oline was breaking down.  and white really didn't throw that much.  he hit receivers that were able to get yac and the jets kept running the whole game.

let's see what he does against the vikings.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I can't believe we're still talking about Zach Wilson.

Yes, this wasn't a good defense, no question....but anyone that's watched the Jets knows it's night and day the way this offense looked with Mike White.

Mike White will be the starter the reset of way and into the playoffs.  How good he plays will determine if he's can keep the job going into next year.  

If he goes something like 4-2 down the stretch and the O even resembles what we saw yesterday there is zero reason for him not to go into next year as the starter.  There are plenty of tough defenses coming up - so we'll learn enough over the next 6 weeks.

what if the Jets are at 7-6??

13 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

No he didn't. This was always going to be a get right game for Zach. Because he blew it with Connor Blowghes he lost that opportunity. Zach would have been much better against one of the worst defenses in the league that against all of those top 10 defenses. Let's hope Mike White can play well against the Bills - not sure he can put up the game Zach did. Hope he can, but it will determine whether that's his last game as a starter or not. Not a game against a bad team missing starters. That being said, he played great and you can only play who is in front of you. It was a must win and it was refreshing to see him play an excellent game. This game was a nice one to gain some confidence against some tough opponents coming up.

Zach put up 150 yds against the Bills who were missing 5 starters on defense. You guys act like he threw for 300 yds and beat the '86 Bears. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

I'm speechless how there are people who still don't understand that this doesn't have much to do with who we played, but how the offense was ran at an efficient level that we haven't seen with Zach Wilson. 

I'm speechless that anyone wouldn't understand that it matters who you play. Pat Mahomes against the 86 Bears isn't the Pat Mahomes playing Seth Low Junior High School. IT MATTERS WHO YOU PLAY. If it didn't, then there WOULDN'T BE any such thing as a bad defense. 

I'm also speechless that we're still talking about Zach Wilson.

I'm also speechless that people don't understand that you can wonder if Mike White would maybe, just mayyyyybe for fcksy sakesy and sh*tsy gigglsy be able to replicate yesterdays performance when there is actual pressure of any kind and NOT rope Zach fukcing Wilson into the equation. Because Zach Wilson has absolutely nothing to do with it. Zach Wilson's job is to stand on the sideline with his face and not do his rendition of Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain. That's his job now.

And yes, the offense did look very different yesterday. Yes, Mike White did face pressure occasionally and did well. And yes sometimes his guys had defenders in the vicinity of his receivers and did well. Did both happen at the same time very often? What happens when both happen simultaneously consistently?

I admit I'm not as smart as so many of you who know that the offense is gonna look that good against an actual competitive NFL defense. Or how good. I'm excited to find out. So please, PLEASE do not tell me the final score of the Viking game this week. Or the Bills after. So, if any of you know, NAME the thread FINAL SCORE VIKINGS, FINAL SCORE BILLS in BIG CAPITAL ******* LETTERS so I won't click on it and ruin it for myself. Thanks.

One final thing. I can't believe I'm starting Mike White in fantasy next week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Some good points, but how bad would smoke White have to play for them to pull him for Zach? Zach won’t play until we are out of contention or Mike White gets hurt. 

Saleh definitely did the right thing.  The All 22 at NE showed a young QB not even targeting wide open receivers all game, throwing off his back foot for most of the game (when he misses the layups that’s usually why).

I thought I even saw him throw off his back foot when the pressure wasn’t even there.

Kid has to be field stripped down and then totally built back up, if it’s possible, because most of his problems playing are on the mental side.

There was no way Saleh could have put Wilson out there the following week after “2 yards of Offense in the 2nd Half”, would almost have been criminal since at the point it’s so obvious that something is “broken” and needs fixing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm speechless that anyone wouldn't understand that it matters who you play. Pat Mahomes against the 86 Bears isn't the Pat Mahomes playing Seth Low Junior High School. IT MATTERS WHO YOU PLAY. If it didn't, then there WOULDN'T BE any such thing as a bad defense. 

I'm also speechless that we're still talking about Zach Wilson.

I'm also speechless that people don't understand that you can wonder if Mike White would maybe, just mayyyyybe for fcksy sakesy and sh*tsy gigglsy be able to replicate yesterdays performance when there is actual pressure of any kind and NOT rope Zach fukcing Wilson into the equation. Because Zach Wilson has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

The Jets were supposed to smash the Bears and naturally they accomplished that.

What really matters is that our former starter would have difficulties in doing so, due to its obvious limitations in running a pro style offense. 

Why would we not be talking about Zach Wilson? It is a productive exercise to hypothesize what would happen if he was on the field yesterday, mostly considering how long he holds the ball. The disruptive effect of that aspect of Wilson's game in the offense rhythm should be reason enough, for us to feel aliviated on the whole Mike White situation. 

It doesn't really matter who we played, it matters how the offense played the way it was supposed to operate, regardless of the QB. Just the fact that our current started is not a clear handicap, it's already a win. And I much prefer to focus on that, than on the particular context surrounding this game. 

13 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Regardless of how next week goes, Mike White has earned the right to start the rest of the season after today, in my opinion.

The fans and the team need to know what we have. 

Even if White had played just ok yesterday he would have earned the starter job rest of the year by default.  Wilson is not a NFL QB and Flacco is 40

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Saleh definitely did the right thing.  The All 22 at NE showed a young QB not even targeting wide open receivers all game, throwing off his back foot for most of the game (when he misses the layups that’s usually why).

I thought I even saw him throw off his back foot when the pressure wasn’t even there.

Kid has to be field stripped down and then totally built back up, if it’s possible, because most of his problems playing are on the mental side.

There was no way Saleh could have put Wilson out there the following week after “2 yards of Offense in the 2nd Half”, would almost have been criminal since at the point it’s so obvious that something is “broken” and needs fixing.

Zach's footwork has been atrocious from the beginning. There are clear responsibilities on the coaching staff on that, it's ridiculous that in almost two years, there hasn't been any positive evolution regarding that aspect. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

The Jets were supposed to smash the Bears and naturally they accomplished that.

What really matters is that our former starter would have difficulties in doing so, due to its obvious limitations in running a pro style offense. 

Why would we not be talking about Zach Wilson? It is a productive exercise to hypothesize what would happen if he was on the field yesterday, mostly considering how long he holds the ball. The disruptive effect of that aspect of Wilson's game in the offense rhythm should be reason enough, for us to feel aliviated on the whole Mike White situation. 

It doesn't really matter who we played, it matters how the offense played the way it was supposed to operate, regardless of the QB. Just the fact that our current started is not a clear handicap, it's already a win. And I much prefer to focus on that, than on the particular context surrounding this game. 

Fair enough. But the offense doesn't exist in a bubble. What the defense gives matters. The offense isn't a machine that either works when you press the button or doesn't.

Just rewatched the game.  Mike White played great.  Showed more mobility then I expected.  The Bears D was horrendous.   Very little pressure and really bad coverage.  

I still liked his arm, accuracy and decision making.  We have to see how he responds to pressure and tighter windows.  No doubt he is fundementally sound.   Does it all break down when the windows get tighter and he has pressure in his face?  TBD...

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

80% completions 

300+ and 3 TDs

In a freaking rainstorm 

It’s the NFL.  I don’t care if it’s vs the Bears.

Mike White inspires more hope, completes more passes while taking a dump than ZW on his best day.

No it’s because the greatest running qb ever Justin Fields was injured or something.  He was planning on playing nickel corner and would have picked off White 3x yesterday 

• Haha 1