Wait till next week Mike White played a terrible defense…

ECURB

12 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Zach's footwork has been atrocious from the beginning. There are clear responsibilities on the coaching staff on that, it's ridiculous that in almost two years, there hasn't been any positive evolution regarding that aspect. 

Totally agree with you.  It’s actually so horrific to the point that I don’t get it.  I’ve posted before that I don’t understand how a coach hasn’t just gone out on the field grabbed one of his ears, twisted it while walking back with him to the sidelines while telling him “you Ever do that again this is going to be the result Every time”.

On the few occasions in his 20 games where I get to see him look down field the whole play “plant, step and fire”, I swear, you see all the talent, to me it looks like Namath/Marino threw that pass.  Anybody want to argue with me about how his passes look when plays correctly have at it.  He also has the same lightning quick release both of them had…..but you ONLY see him playing like that about 5% of the time.

It’s almost tragic, and it doesn’t appear anything is done to correct, although it might and the Kid is just f**ked mentally that something happens and Everything goes out the window when he takes a snap.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Totally agree with you.  It’s actually so horrific to the point that I don’t get it.  I’ve posted before that I don’t understand how a coach hasn’t just gone out on the field grabbed one of his ears, twisted it while walking back with him to the sidelines while telling him “you Ever do that again this is going to be the result Every time”.

On the few occasions in his 20 games where I get to see him look down field the whole play “plant, step and fire”, I swear, you see all the talent, to me it looks like Namath/Marino threw that pass.  Anybody want to argue with me about how his passes look when plays correctly have at it.  He also has the same lightning quick release both of them had…..but you ONLY see him playing like that about 5% of the time.

It’s almost tragic, and it doesn’t appear anything is done to correct, although it might and the Kid is just f**ked mentally that something happens and Everything goes out the window when he takes a snap.

It's an absolute shame,

I was expecting a period of adaptation to the NFL considering his very favourable context when playing at BYU. But to get to the point in year 2 where you still see clear difficulties on dropbacks, pocket management and even the way he sets his feet doesn't really give me any hope for his future. 

I agree with you on the arm talent, it is an objective fact that the ball comes out with an incredible zip when he sets his feet properly. He needs to work on so much more though, arm talent isn't enough to get by in the NFL.

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, k-met57 said:

you can give him all the cute nicknames you want....this is the same coaching staff that had him benched over Flacco first 3 games, and then had him 3rd on the depth chart.

There's been speculation, from Keyshawn, that reports out of mini camp were that White was the much better option and they hid White bc they knew he would take Wilson's job from him. White was always the best option, the team, coaching staff and front office knew it but they wanted to protect their investment. They could no longer do that after he lost the locker room. I'm not saying White will be an All-Pro, the Jets don't need him to be. He needs to be what Taylor Heineke is for the Redskins. Distribute the ball to the open guy, take what they give you, doesn't do anything real spectacular. With this defense that formula can beat a lot of teams. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

5 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

I have no idea, but White didn’t do anything spectacular today. Guys were running wide open with ridiculous amounts of separation. Definitely a stat padding game for whomever is at QB. 

Guys have been running wise open in every game, including the last Pats game. Wilson just didn't see them but it's in tape, you should go watch the hundreds of videos out there pointing this out. 

If Wilson completed 55% of his passes, 230 yds 1 td and 0 int against the Bears the Wilson nut huggers would be putting him in the Hall of Fame.  

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

I have no idea, but White didn’t do anything spectacular today. Guys were running wide open with ridiculous amounts of separation. Definitely a stat padding game for whomever is at QB. 

What game did you watch.

Mike White did his job, did it spectacularly well.  It has nothing to do with ZW.  
The Bears defense is nowhere near as bad as some of you are trying to make out to be.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What game did you watch.

Mike White did his job, did it spectacularly well.  It has nothing to do with ZW.  
The Bears defense is nowhere near as bad as some of you are trying to make out to be.

The Bears traded away their 2 best defenders, Robert Quinn and Roquan Smith before the trade deadline.  Besides that they were banged up yesterday.   The D they put on the field yesterday was straight up trash.  And that's based on todays NFL defenses.  

The Bears are sitting on a lot of draft capital and the most cap room in the NFL.  They have tanked the 2022 NFL season.  

Had Fields actually played and they could have gotten more TOP they might have looked better on the margin.  

That doesn't mean Mike White won't do well especially if the OL gets a little healthier.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

There's been speculation, from Keyshawn, that reports out of mini camp were that White was the much better option and they hid White bc they knew he would take Wilson's job from him. White was always the best option, the team, coaching staff and front office knew it but they wanted to protect their investment. They could no longer do that after he lost the locker room. I'm not saying White will be an All-Pro, the Jets don't need him to be. He needs to be what Taylor Heineke is for the Redskins. Distribute the ball to the open guy, take what they give you, doesn't do anything real spectacular. With this defense that formula can beat a lot of teams. 

yep heard Key say that on Wednesday. they all know White is better but they are force to play Zach cause of where he was drafted.

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

You must be a curving bullet guy. In the NFL, there best players play.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Guys have been running wise open in every game, including the last Pats game. Wilson just didn't see them but it's in tape, you should go watch the hundreds of videos out there pointing this out. 

If Wilson completed 55% of his passes, 230 yds 1 td and 0 int against the Bears the Wilson nut huggers would be putting him in the Hall of Fame.  

You have to be blind not to see the difference in pocket presence, getting the ball out of his hand fast and knowing where to go with the ball compared to the mess we have been seeing with Zach.......Not to mention actually completing the EASY throws and hitting receivers in stride to get YAC.......Night and day!

10 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

Guys were running wide open for Wilson last week, too.  He threw for 77 yards.  

It doesn't matter if White isn't "anything special".  He runs the offense the way its intended and gets it to our playmakers, of which we have many.  It's what good QB's with very good weapons do. 

Why are you insistent of being a Debbie Downer about that?  Because your boo sauce Zach jersey is sitting in your closet and it makes you sad?  Stop being lame, get over it and get behind Mike White.  This is an exciting time to be a Jets fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, PumpkinPie said:

I don’t think many of you realize how bad the Bears defense is. Sind the trade deadline they’ve been in a league of their own. This is before losing 3/4 starters in the secondary for this game. 

Today the Bears got their first sack since Week 6 and their first pass defense in 3 weeks. 

If ZW starts today he likely looks a lot better. 

you sound just like someone else on here - any chance you have a double identity? 

It's really humorous to me how some of you seem to think 300+ yard, 3 TD days grow on trees....against ANY defense.

Per the footballdb.com database, there have only been 27 of those all season.  I.E. a little over 2 per week. 

There are quite a few bad defenses in the league right now.  You would think there'd be a lot of games like those if it were so easy to take advantage.  

Zach Wilson has zero 300+, 3 TD games in his career.  Think he would have come close to approaching his first ever yesterday?  Not a f**kin chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Yesterday was an absolute pleasure to watch.  The fans were rocking.  The players were balling out and having a blast.  And the defense was able to play with a margin of error for one of the few times this season.  In absolutely lousy conditions we threw for 70% completion, 300+ yards, and 3 TDs.  It seems every receiver, RB, and TE was involved in the passing game.  It was beautiful and without question an absolute indictment on our previous starter who clearly does not belong near a football field at this time.  Who do you think is the most happy at this transformation all created by replacing one player:

-The WRs who magically appeared open for passes in stride allowing for massive gains after the catch. 

-The OC who suddenly learned to call plays that scheme open these receivers and was no longer fearful of putting the ball in the air now that he finally trusts the guy making decisions and throwing the ball.   

-The offensive line who suddenly seemed capable of a clean pocket now that the jittery mess behind them wasn't there bailing out at the first glimpse of a pass rush, leaving them clueless of where they were supposed to be positioned and taking unnecessary snaps.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

If that is actually true woody needs to crack heads. Jets could easily be 9-2 right now. Wilson single handedly gave the pats both games jets easily win with just mediocre qb play. They still just barely lost both with HORRIBLE qb play. 

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

The Bears traded away their 2 best defenders, Robert Quinn and Roquan Smith before the trade deadline.  Besides that they were banged up yesterday.   The D they put on the field yesterday was straight up trash.  And that's based on todays NFL defenses.  

The Bears are sitting on a lot of draft capital and the most cap room in the NFL.  They have tanked the 2022 NFL season.  

Had Fields actually played and they could have gotten more TOP they might have looked better on the margin.  

That doesn't mean Mike White won't do well especially if the OL gets a little healthier.

I heard that since they traded away their two defenders and lost a third they, over the course of those games were the 16th best D and were ranked higher in pass defense.  
True or not you can only play whose on you schedule and today, they way he’s struggled, do you believe ZW could have duplicated what MW put up on Sunday?  
I still think the long term project will continue, I believe he’s going to play for the Jets again but this team is in a playoff race and right now MW is their best hope to get there.   

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I heard that since they traded away their two defenders and lost a third they, over the course of those games were the 16th best D and were ranked higher in pass defense.  
True or not you can only play whose on you schedule and today, they way he’s struggled, do you believe ZW could have duplicated what MW put up on Sunday?  
I still think the long term project will continue, I believe he’s going to play for the Jets again but this team is in a playoff race and right now MW is their best hope to get there.   

My take is Zach would have done well against the Bears D and the Jets win that game.  White had exceptional numbers so I don't think he would have produced at that level.  

I also have no idea how White would have performed against Green Bay, Denver or NE.  

He played exceptionally well against a bad team.  He seems to have the respect of his teammates.   Based on what we saw out of Zach coupled with the rumors that are coming out about Zach's mechanics and character,  I think it's Mike Whites team unless he gets hurt.

If he doesn't turn the ball over when he's under real pressure and can still spread the ball around and move the team it would be great.  Looking forward to watching it play out. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Its actually being a pessimist.  A realist would be slightly more optimistic since he's done it against the AFC champ Bengals as well. 

I don't know what MW will be (based on our history, I'm more than good with this). I have a stronger feeling on what ZW will be in the near term.   

Nah, if I was a pessimist I wouldn't have said how excited I was nor expressed hope and optimism. 

The team seems to be behind White. Wilson with his latest remarks not accepting responsibility just puts him further from the other players. 

White got rid the ball fast quick routes the word will be out though expect Vikings and Bills to jump those short routes and will be up to white and Lafleur to counterattack

9 minutes ago, faba said:

The team seems to be behind White. Wilson with his latest remarks not accepting responsibility just puts him further from the other players. 

White got rid the ball fast quick routes the word will be out though expect Vikings and Bills to jump those short routes and will be up to white and Lafleur to counterattack

The good news is white is not afraid to throw deep and open up the D. Wilson was too afraid to make a mistake, held the ball too long to read deep. By then he saw the rush coming and would take the sack or run backwards.. If you don’t keep the deep honest D is just going to be on the line clogging the run or defending short passes Wilson looked for too often.

12 hours ago, Larz said:

What a cake walk. I want 18 touchdowns or gfy.  ?

46DCCECF-5454-491F-918E-1E8585F9A115.png

This is great for the Jets chances to to enter the playoffs. And even better for Mr White who wont have to play a top 15 defense until the Playoffs.  It will also ignite his rabid following and embolden their predictions that Mr White is actually an NFL starter in this league.  Time will tell ... and I will be bringing extra popcorn the first time Mr White faces of against the Varsity team.  Would be amazing if he develops into Trent Dilfer and takes us to the big show. 

Edited by Dunnie

15 hours ago, faba said:

Vikings have basically the worst defense in the league ... Bills will be a test for sure ... I'm going to that game so I will get to see it live.

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Guys were running wide open for Wilson last week, too.  He threw for 77 yards.  

It doesn't matter if White isn't "anything special".  He runs the offense the way its intended and gets it to our playmakers, of which we have many.  It's what good QB's with very good weapons do. 

Why are you insistent of being a Debbie Downer about that?  Because your boo sauce Zach jersey is sitting in your closet and it makes you sad?  Stop being lame, get over it and get behind Mike White.  This is an exciting time to be a Jets fan.

.... and then you wake up to realize ... the defense you were dominating had zero secondary.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

.... and then you wake up to realize ... the defense you were dominating had zero secondary.

Guy has 4 career starts.  Thrown for 400, 300 and 250.  Against Indy he didn't finish and he threw for 95 yards in 14 snaps.  How were the secondaries in Buffalo, Indy and Cincy?  Against the Pats he threw for 200 but played less than 3/4 of the game. 

I get not crowning the guy, but sh*tting on his accomplishments is ridiculous.  The running game was not exactly lighting it up against the Bears.  First run was 6 yards, then -1 and no gain.  Check the drive charts. 

• Post of the Week 1

Are we really still debating this ?

Wilson, if he is ever going to amount to anything has alot of growing up to do. He might have to actually work on his game to get to Mike White's level. He doesn't seem to know where the ball should be going to, and his leadership skills right now are seriously in question. 

As far as I am concerned it is White's job until further notice.

Wilson would have not thrown for 315 yards and 3 TDs with an 80% completion rate. End of story.

That being said, I am not so quick to crown Mike White as the Jet's savior. The WRs were running free a lot. We're used to seeing Zach's inability to make those easy decisions and see the field. Mike White as a starter has been inconsistent. He has either played very well, very terribly or gotten hurt. I want to see consistency before saying he's the Jet's future. If that means 3+ more weeks of at least average play then so be it. Turns out 'wait till next week' isn't such a terrible argument.

On 11/27/2022 at 5:17 PM, Lupz27 said:

Mike White huge improvement over Wilson.

That said the Jets are good and now the QB is meh instead of atrocious, White has to do it vs pressure, he has never proven he can that’s why he has been in the bench for so long.

Pretty sure he was on the bench because he was backing up Dak, then backing up Wilson.

The only reason White saw the field last year was because Wilson was hurt (last year). As 2nd overall pick, it was Wilson's job to lose. And he lost it. It was never a competition.