Wait till next week Mike White played a terrible defense…

ECURB

1 hour ago, Hex said:

That being said, I am not so quick to crown Mike White as the Jet's savior. 

As far as the remainder of the 2022 season goes, he's the closest thing to a "savior" we have.  

Yeah, he's inconsistent.  So are most of the league's QB's, especially this year.  Let's give him a chance to ride the ups and downs.  Not look to yank him at the first sign of any trouble.  I'm talking to you here, Robert Saleh.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2022 at 5:19 PM, ECURB said:

The last two QBs to play them had 1 TD each… one under 200 yards the other just barely over 200…

I don’t know why everyone keep making that excuse.

It isn't an excuse it's reality. I don't think ZW puts up anywhere near MW's performance. So I'm not trying to excuse MW's performance. However, the bears traded away some big name defenders, and lost their S. early People are simply pointing out those numbers you're quoting came against a better defense than MW faced. We'll see how he performs against a better team. Otherwise he made good decisions, threw a catch-able ball, and the team rallied behind him. All of those things speak well of MW, but that doesn't mean context otherwise becomes an excuse.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As far as the remainder of the 2022 season goes, he's the closest thing to a "savior" we have.  

Yeah, he's inconsistent.  So are most of the league's QB's, especially this year.  Let's give him a chance to ride the ups and downs.  Not look to yank him at the first sign of any trouble.  I'm talking to you here, Robert Saleh.  

I agree. I hope this Bears game is just a peek into the future. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

It isn't an excuse it's reality. I don't think ZW puts up anywhere near MW's performance. So I'm not trying to excuse MW's performance. However, the bears traded away some big name defenders, and lost their S. early People are simply pointing out those numbers you're quoting came against a better defense than MW faced. We'll see how he performs against a better team. Otherwise he made good decisions, threw a catch-able ball, and the team rallied behind him. All of those things speak well of MW, but that doesn't mean context otherwise becomes an excuse.

Brady put up sick stats vs terrible jet teams for 15 years and i never remember anyone anywhere for any network or newspaper saying that those touchdowns should be discounted b/c they came vs terrible jet teams.  If white can put up great stats against most bad teams I’ll take it.

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Brady put up sick stats vs terrible jet teams for 15 years and i never remember anyone anywhere for any network or newspaper saying that those touchdowns should be discounted b/c they came vs terrible jet teams.  If white can put up great stats against most bad teams I’ll take it.

Oh yeah, you talk to people nationwide? First one could make that argument, unfortunately, but would one as a Jets fan be inclined to promote our ineptness on the field to bash TB*? Maybe, some probably did, but most wouldn't. It's would be like hitting yourself in the nuts so you don't feel a paper cut. As for the networks they push a narrative, and TB* was their golden boy.