A Pragmatic Mike White Thread

Dunnie

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Mike had an excellent game today ... made no mistakes .. was effective and efficient. 

Mike White played the Chicago Bears minus some important key pieces.

Mike has an opportunity in the next two weeks to silence the Critics.

Mike White may solidify his legacy in these two coming weeks.

Is Mike White a viable long term answer ... its not out of the question ... but based on previous evaluations id say the likelihood is low.

If you want a competent game manager, then Mike White was that guy today.  Can he excel under pressure, when playing a much better opponent?  That's the question, which we will find out the answer to as time goes on.

One thing that I feel that Zach can do better than Mike at this point, is that Zach can take off for a first down or two when needed.  I hope that Mike is not opposed to using his legs when he needs to.  

There's no doubt that right now, Mike White is the better overall QB than Zach.  I don't even think that anyone would argue that right now.  I hope that Mike White continues to prove all of us wrong, in that I hope that Mike White turns out to be the answer that all of us Jets fans want him to be.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

I really find it surprising that fans, media, etc. are shocked by Mike’s performance. This is what he has done and does. Much like Cooper Rush, or Nick Foles, or Jacoby Brissett, or Case Keenum, he’s a highly efficient QB who fits this scheme well because he understands coverages well, is able to identify the correct progressions pre-snap based on those reads/the passing concept, and will quickly hit the open man instead of trying to make the big plays. He thrives against soft zone coverages, but doesn’t have the arm talent to thrive against tougher defenses and man coverage. But with a talented supporting cast, he can get the job done.

Be happy, ride the wave, but just keep expectations realistic.

What does Joe burrow have that mike white doesn’t? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Mike had an excellent game today ... made no mistakes .. was effective and efficient. 

Mike White played the Chicago Bears minus some important key pieces.

Mike has an opportunity in the next two weeks to silence the Critics.

Mike White may solidify his legacy in these two coming weeks.

Is Mike White a viable long term answer ... its not out of the question ... but based on previous evaluations id say the likelihood is low.

How is this a pragmatic Mike White thread?...

It sounds to me like another negative "we suck," "we will always suck," "we can never have anything good" thread...

Just admit we all don't know anything about what is going to happen down the road, and just enjoy this ride for now...

• Upvote 1

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

What does Joe burrow have that mike white doesn’t? 

A better “football” arm; ability to make more throws from different arm angles and with a quicker release

Superior athlete 

Superior pocket mobility/escapability 

Elite field vision

Elite precision/placement 

Elite timing/anticipation 

Playmaking ability outside of structure 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Arsis said:

You guys are focusing on the wrong things. Watch him play. He has better fundamentals, footwork, vision, pocket presence, he leads the receivers better, makes fewer mental mistakes, misses fewer open throws, teammates like him, he's better looking, his penis is bigger.

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Fraud GIF by MOODMAN

The fact that I have to explain to you that Zach Wilson is the more talented player whereas Mike White is more equipped to execute this offense as it is designed at this point of his career validates my opinion that you’re a dumbass who knows very little about football. Carry on with your life

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, football guy said:

The fact that I have to explain to you that Zach Wilson is the more talented player whereas Mike White is more ready to execute this offense as it’s designed validates to me that you’re a dumbass. Carry on with your life

Wilson is a better athlete and has a better arm. He doesn’t know how to play QB though. At least not yet. 

• Upvote 1