Jump to content

In 5 Mike white performances


AlexVanDyke
 Share

Recommended Posts

People will point out the game today and say it was against  crappy Bears D but when I tell them to point out what other QB threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs against them then its crickets.  Not to mention that White threw this by the end of the 3rd quarter.  Imagine if the Bears kept it relatively close the stats White would have.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

for one, he threw 8 picks in 3 games last year...and the one game he didn't...he got "dead arm" after the first drive. For someone who doesn't have exceptional arm talent or playmaking ability, that's a lot of picks in 3 games. but sure, the team is much better this year....let's see what he can do the next 2 weeks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

The Bills performance was bad.  But we all knew it was against the number 1 defense.  
 

The Pats performance was him trying to come from way behind to make things happen.  With less talent he still moved the ball and the downside was that he threw two picks. 
 

Other than that he has played elite.  Not just good but elite QB play and for the life of me I can’t understand why more people aren’t getting on board and behind him.  

If he continues to move the ball and score points, the fans will come around.  Honestly, he's still pretty young and seems to be a quick decision maker.  I think the team can win with him at QB, and obviously at this point is a better option than Zach.

Time will tell if he is a long term answer at QB, but he's off to a great start.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

People will point out the game today and say it was against  crappy Bears D but when I tell them to point out what other QB threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs against them then its crickets.  Not to mention that White threw this by the end of the 3rd quarter.  Imagine if the Bears kept it relatively close the stats White would have.  

do they answer that the Bears were down an entire secondary this week that they had previous weeks? or is this a conversation you are having with your kids?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AlexVanDyke said:

No one seems to mention that colts drive.  I know was only one drive but I took that as a huge positive  after the bengals  performance. People seem to think of that as a negative 

He played in 5 games and got hurt twice and threw 8 INT.

However, he's got a better team around him now and I will be happy to see if he can keep this up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

He has had positive play in 4 of them.  Came into a lidless game and actually moved the ball against the pats.  Bengals we know.  One drive against the colts d was a TD March.  We know the bills.  And this one.

 

why is everyone so hyper focused on the bills performance.  His roster sucked and the team sucked .  He was going to have some struggles in there.  Why did people make it sick on indictment on his ability to play when he’s been good every other time?

Because the Zach lovers just have to point to the 1 bad game to make themselves feel better that Zach is still better. It's pretty obvious who is the better QB and who the team believes in. 10 players caught passes today. A Zach Wilson led offense would have scored 6 points today. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Draft slot. I was just listening to ESPN radio and they still think it's a mistake to bench Zach. Some lady was talking about how you have to go back to Zach because he was the #2 pick. Crazy.

At no other position does that happen. If Mike White plays well, he should be the starter. Doesn't mean we have to trade Zach. But Mike White earned a closer look. He should get the rest of the season. He shouldn't have a short leash like he did last year. 

They are clueless. Mike White >>>>>Zach Wilson. Who cares if he was a number 2 pick? He stinks and there are 52 other guys on the team that want to make the playoffs. Such an assenine take by talking heads that need to take up air time. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand what happen last year but this isn’t even close to just years team. This team is ready to make a run, we dint need Montana, we need Dilfer. Not saying we get even close but we don’t need Mike White to do anything except what he did today . Take all he was given with concise throws  and not f**k it up. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

for one, he threw 8 picks in 3 games last year...and the one game he didn't...he got "dead arm" after the first drive. For someone who doesn't have exceptional arm talent or playmaking ability, that's a lot of picks in 3 games. but sure, the team is much better this year....let's see what he can do the next 2 weeks.

Had 2-3 should have been picks today too that the Chicago defenders dropped! One should have been a pick 6!

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Doh! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

He played in 5 games and got hurt twice and threw 8 INT.

However, he's got a better team around him now and I will be happy to see if he can keep this up.

4 of those INT's vs. the Buffalo Defense.  Still, he produced ~250 yards passing that day, more than most guys last year.  With a similarly weak roster to the one we produced under 100 yards with in the last game of the year and never even tried to win.

One bad day was not a disqualifier for Zach, certainly.  Nor should it have been.

One bad day, least year, is no a disqualifier for White either.

With that said, the two things to watch for White are 1. injuries, he's been fragile, and 2. turnovers.  Turnovers alone are not fatal if you're producing and putting up points tho.  As we saw with Zach this year, his whole game was "no turnovers", and in part that came at the cost of no risks, and no production.  Need to find the happy medium on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

do they answer that the Bears were down an entire secondary this week that they had previous weeks? or is this a conversation you are having with your kids?

At the end of the day he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs by the end of the 3rd quarter in the NFL.  What else is there to talk about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BallinPB said:

At the end of the day he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs by the end of the 3rd quarter in the NFL.  What else is there to talk about?

The fact that one game in the NFL (vs a bad team) doesn't mean sh*t? The goal is playing well against good teams and winning enough games to get to the dance no?

  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Doh! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought this was White's best performance.  He threw one bad pass that could have been picked, but was in complete control of the offense.  He was accurate, kept the chanis moving and made some big 3rd down throws.  He ran the offense better than we have seen in several years. I get that this was a bad Bears team we were playing, but he did everything we could have asked for today.  And for the first time in his cateer he started a game and did not miss any snaps.  300 yards, 3 TDs, no picks.  What more could you ask for.

Bring on the Vikings.

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Nope. But that wasn’t the premise of the thread was it?

You may want to think about things if your big take-away today re: The Jets is "The fact that one game in the NFL (vs a bad team) doesn't mean sh*t?".

Today was a good day.  One of the best passing performances we've seen in years from the Jets and a must win game won.  Today's win was important, it means alot for our post-season chances this year.

Try and enjoy it.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You may want to think about things if your big take-away today re: The Jets is "The fact that one game in the NFL (vs a bad team) doesn't mean sh*t?".

Today was a good day.  One of the best passing performances we've seen in years from the Jets and a must win game won.  Today's win was important, it means alot for our post-season chances this year.

Try and enjoy it.

they played a team that was 3-8 at full strength...but for this game, scratched their secondary, QB, RB....and WR1/all pro safety left mid game.

I am ecstatic for mike white, and for the jets for winning a game they had to have....but i am not doing jumping jacks like some people.

  • Doh! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

The fact that one game in the NFL (vs a bad team) doesn't mean sh*t? The goal is playing well against good teams and winning enough games to get to the dance no?

Ok so would you rather him have sh*t the bed today and thrown three picks. When was the last time our starter put up those numbers in his first game of the season. He played decisive football and executed the offense game plan flawlessly. Team rallied behind him, totally different energy amongst the whole team.  Enjoy the W. It’s not about doing jumping jacks it’s seeing that this offense has life and can be dangerous if you slip. His passes were very well placed which is very encouraging. That’s how it stands. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ok so would you rather him have sh*t the bed today and thrown three picks. When was the last time our starter put up those numbers in his first game of the season. He played decisive football and executed the offense game plan flawlessly. Team rallied behind him, totally different energy amongst the whole team.  Enjoy the W. It’s not about doing jumping jacks it’s seeing that this offense has life and can be dangerous if you slip. He passes were very well placed which is very encouraging. That’s how it stands. 

he played well. i am going to be excited to see what he can do next week. as much as i've been a Zach supporter, all that matters to me is Jets winning games and figuring out long term QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

he played well. i am going to be excited to see what he can do next week. as much as i've been a Zach supporter, all that matters to me is Jets winning games and figuring out long term QB.

Hey we are in the same boat, at this point I don’t care who it is under center I just want us to have our FQB. I won’t anoint him as that as of yet but today was very encouraging. The most important thing is he executed the offense and involved all of the playmakers and the team rallied behind him, looked like a totally different team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The answer to this question is pretty simple. NFL fans, especially Jets fans, are so enamored with the NFL Draft and the dream of drafting and grooming a home grown QB to lead their team to the Super Bowl that some would rather lose than give up that dream. It's the only explanation as to why anybody would want to see Wilson start for the Jets again. He's done nothing on the field to give any rational person hope yet they still want to believe. Mike White, in 5 starts,  has played the 2 best games by a Jets QB in the last 10 years. Mike White played a better 1st half today than any full game that Wilson has played in his career yet, they still don't want to believe. Why is that? Bc the Jets didn't draft him.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He was exceptional today and earned several starts, even if he struggles next week. But I'm curious how he will deal with pressure. Wasn't much today. Zach was also OK when not under pressure (not as good as White today) but horrendous otherwise. 

Ideally, Mike continues to play well, gets us to the playoffs and earns the starting job for next year. Zach uses the time to fix his physical AND personality flaws, so we have 2 good QBs and they can battle it out in 2024.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...