Is this behavior a deal breaker for the Lamar Jackson crowd?

k-met57

46 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Jackson is a moron. What the hell did this fan say that was so offensive anyway? He made a very valid point that they would be better spending that money on building a solid team. Jackson isn't going to like that but he acts like the guy was throwing racial slurs at him.

Then he comes back with the classic "what have you done with your life?" type stuff. Just because the guy isn't famous he must be a loser. He literally has no idea what this guy has or hasn't achieved. It just shows what an arrogant prick he is and how he thinks he's above any level of criticism. 

Zach Wilson got crucified for saying "no" in a press conference but Jackson will get away with this Scott free because he has an MVP under his belt. I think it's kind of funny that the big gamble he made in the offseason is blowing up in his face. God forbid he shouldn't be the highest paid player in the league!

yeah, that's the reason. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Didn't Kyler Murray sign a $230M extension with $100M guaranteed at $46M per?  Seems like a solid guy to emulate to me.

That's assuming BAL is as dumb as ARI.  They haven't shown to be that in the past.  What's more, ARI is already likely regretting it's pathetic caving to Kyler's demands.  Now they are glued to him for the next 3 years at least while he hones his Call of Duty skills instead of studying the playbook.  Not saying Lamar is that bad, but he's not helping his case as a QB who deserves the extension he held out for last offseason.  And working without an agent is probably not helping either.   

Compare that to KC who should be absolutely thrilled with Mahomes' contract.  Perhaps the best one in the NFL in terms of what they got vs. what they paid.

2 hours ago, usanyj said:

But Zach Wilson is an arrogant, self centered, entitled, bad person who should be dragged through the mud. 

A picture of wilson not looking at an IPad and having a hood on (in the rain) is all the talk last night and today, but people are praising Lamar for this response? 

Booger can call a white player in Zach what he called him, guaranteed a white broadcaster wont call out lamar over this because....fear.

I'm going to give you a minute to think about the one difference between Lamar and Zach that allows Lamar more leeway in this situation. Here's a hint, it's not about skin color. 

10 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Are you calling me old?

Grandma Sexism GIF by The Bias Cut

No... not intentionally anyway lol. I meant "you:" as a general statement lol.

I'm older though,  I don't really appreciate the vocal social media thing but I know younger people are ok with it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Jackson is a moron. What the hell did this fan say that was so offensive anyway? He made a very valid point that they would be better spending that money on building a solid team. Jackson isn't going to like that but he acts like the guy was throwing racial slurs at him.

Then he comes back with the classic "what have you done with your life?" type stuff. Just because the guy isn't famous he must be a loser. He literally has no idea what this guy has or hasn't achieved. It just shows what an arrogant prick he is and how he thinks he's above any level of criticism. 

Zach Wilson got crucified for saying "no" in a press conference but Jackson will get away with this Scott free because he has an MVP under his belt. I think it's kind of funny that the big gamble he made in the offseason is blowing up in his face. God forbid he shouldn't be the highest paid player in the league!

Zach Wilson was crucified for sucking.  Jackson will not get his big pay day for not being great.  

28 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm going to give you a minute to think about the one difference between Lamar and Zach that allows Lamar more leeway in this situation. Here's a hint, it's not about skin color. 

Ok I appreciate the minute....

so because Zach is a bad QB, him saying "No" in a press conference and not being able to read the room and realize what he should say....bad guy..drag him! Mock him, slander him!

Lamar, good qb, tells someone on social media to eat a dick....that's fine, he plays well, good job, give it to that guy who typed words!  

I guess that minute helped me explain away bad behavior, vulgar behavior really, because a guy can play a sport well as opposed to a guy who doesn't. Thank God I took that minute.

Sounds like he's the entitled athlete who thinks he can do whatever he wants.

• Upvote 2

He’s made the playoffs on his own twice in the last 4 years.  
His team has finished under .500 the last two seasons. 
His playoff record is 1-3.  
We should pay him a boatload of money?  So he can join that incredibly long list of SB winning, run first QBs?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Zach Wilson was crucified for sucking.  Jackson will not get his big pay day for not being great.  

I still have little doubt Lamar Jackson will get a massive pay day.

I suspect somewhere in the $200mm guaranteed range.

Watson got $230mm guaranteed and they gave up 3 first round picks - for a serial sexual predator.

4 hours ago, usanyj said:

Ok I appreciate the minute....

so because Zach is a bad QB, him saying "No" in a press conference and not being able to read the room and realize what he should say....bad guy..drag him! Mock him, slander him!

Lamar, good qb, tells someone on social media to eat a dick....that's fine, he plays well, good job, give it to that guy who typed words!  

I guess that minute helped me explain away bad behavior, vulgar behavior really, because a guy can play a sport well as opposed to a guy who doesn't. Thank God I took that minute.

Sounds like he's the entitled athlete who thinks he can do whatever he wants.

It has nothing to do with their own entitlement. It has everything to what the public and media will allow them to get away with. Right or wrong, that's the way society operates. It's the same reason people defend billionaires over the working class even when they're apart of the working class. 

Also,  Lamar told some idiot on Twitter to EAD, Zach broke his trust with the locker room. Two totally different things. 

• More Ugh 1

A GM probably just ignores it but if I'm an owner it's an "are you ******* kidding me dude?" conversation. Sucks because while I don't love Lamar I saw him meet a sick kid last week and a few weeks ago the AEW guys said he was awesome backstage and even let Jericho take a verbal shot at him on the mic. And then there's this. Ugh.