Is this behavior a deal breaker for the Lamar Jackson crowd?

k-met57

They have zero running game and zero WRs.. it's basically just andrews. He's great but the ravens have done a bad job surrounding Lamar with weapons.

While I haven't been a fan of Lamar as a passer , he's actually looked better but his receivers get zero separation. 

In this offense, he would be unstoppable. Crazy that we can say that.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jackson would merely be an expensive gadget player here.  And we already have Streveler who can fill that role.  

Hard pass.

Usually agree with you, but come on, Jackson would not just be an expensive gadget player. Jackson would kill it here with these weapons. And comparing Streveler to someone that's won an MVP...lol

That said, I can sort of see not wanting to pay him what he'd get since a lot of his game is predicated on running. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Usually agree with you, but come on, Jackson would not just be an expensive gadget player. Jackson would kill it here with these weapons. And comparing Streveler to someone that's won an MVP...lol

That said, I can sort of see not wanting to pay him what he'd get since a lot of his game is predicated on running. 

My post was somewhat tongue in cheek lol

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2022 at 5:05 PM, johnnysd said:

No way I give a long term contract to Jackson. Use all three franchise tags if needed but he is not the guy you invest $200 million in. His style of play is unsustainable.

Not offended by anything he wrote, but his butchering of the English language would be a non-starter for me…..so if you ask me where I stand, I gotta be a “No”.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Maybe he should ask himself why he sucks at throwing the football because whenever he needs to throw the football he sucks. 

Before you wreck your Cap, you have to see the guy actually make a deep playoff run.

Although a talented and exciting player Jackson doesn’t check that box, neither does Kyler Murray in Arizona (who now look like they made a big mistake).  The biggest mistake right now is someone who did make those long runs but hadn’t in awhile, and guess what, never will again, but Denver is stuck with him, Russell Wilson.

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They have zero running game and zero WRs.. it's basically just andrews. He's great but the ravens have done a bad job surrounding Lamar with weapons.

While I haven't been a fan of Lamar as a passer , he's actually looked better but his receivers get zero separation. 

In this offense, he would be unstoppable. Crazy that we can say that.

No #1 WR wants to be apart of an offense where they're the 4th option behind Lamar, #1 RB and Andrews.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

No #1 WR wants to be apart of an offense where they're the 4th option behind Lamar, #1 RB and Andrews.

How about for all the praise given to DeCosta he stops drafting busts at WR?

Rashod Bateman, Tylenol Wallace, Devan Duveray, Miles Boykin?

12 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Before you wreck your Cap, you have to see the guy actually make a deep playoff run.

Although a talented and exciting player Jackson doesn’t check that box, neither does Kyler Murray in Arizona (who now look like they made a big mistake).  The biggest mistake right now is someone who did make those long runs but hadn’t in awhile, and guess what, never will again, but Denver is stuck with him, Russell Wilson.

I said years ago Jackson will be a flash in the pan This year before that stupid contract extension I said the same about Murray. I'm not sure what's happening with Wilson but they are no where near the level Wilson has played throughout his career. I blame what's happening with Wilson on the Broncos or its very possible Wilson got his payday and no longer puts in the work he used too.

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, bla bla bla said:

I'd imagine that may be against the CBA. Players do have their own brands that make them money so the team would be preventing that potential income.

Totally get the thought though

just spitballing, maybe a team could protect its own brand by not allowing logos or unis posted or in profiles by affiliated persons (players and staff)

6 hours ago, jago said:

just spitballing, maybe a team could protect its own brand by not allowing logos or unis posted or in profiles by affiliated persons (players and staff)

They could definitely do that, but I'd imagine the publicity from the vast majority of players will far out weigh the BS from the minority

On 11/27/2022 at 7:05 PM, johnnysd said:

No way I give a long term contract to Jackson. Use all three franchise tags if needed but he is not the guy you invest $200 million in. His style of play is unsustainable.

Tagging him for 3 years is 123million minimum. You might as well sign him for a long term 200mm deal and save some $ lol

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Tagging him for 3 years is 123million minimum. You might as well sign him for a long term 200mm deal and save some $ lol

Well couple things. Successive tags are not guaranteed so if he falters or gets injured you don't tag him and there is zero cap hit.i think it unlikely Jackson would actually get to the third tag.

Second they don't have to use the exclusive tag. Not sure teams would be tripping over themselves to give up 2 second rounders.

As good as he is in the regular season it is difficult to make the argument that Lamar and his style of play us actually playoff viable. They had a graphic that outside of the one year Cam had, running QBs just don't make it to the SB 

Third, like last year before he was injured his level of play is clearly declining week to week which is not really surprising.

I wouldn't even consider a long term contract for the guy.