The Zach Wilson sideline picture

JTJet

14 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I don't know if I agree with this. It's Humble Time for Zach. For a kid like him that's grown up more privileged than many, it's probably a huge shock.

Hopefully he will grow from this experience and work his ass off to improve his game. He has the physical talent to be a great QB, but he's messed up mentally right now.

What I am saying is he hasn't  grasped  it yet. He is still in the why me phase. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He may be getting drawn to the North ... Would crazy to see Zach up in NE against MW.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

What a joke.

Mac Jones just went for 382 and 2 TDs on Minnesota.

It would take ZW anywhere from 3 to 5 games to match that kind of production.

Belichick would sooner inject anti-freeze into veins than trot out ZW as his starting QB over McCorkle or any other NFL caliber QB.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What I am saying is he hasn't  grasped  it yet. He is still in the why me phase. 

Of course he's still in the pissed off/why me phase. He feels he should be playing. As he should be. He's a competitor. 

Just think this screenshot of a moment where he doesn't have a tablet in his hand is complete BS. But it's pile on season. Everything he does is bad right now.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Of course he's still in the pissed off/why me phase. He feels he should be playing. As he should be. He's a competitor. 

Just think this screenshot of a moment where he doesn't have a tablet in his hand is complete BS. But it's pile on season. Everything he does is bad right now.

No, I think he needs more time to work things out. This all happened Tuesday night. It isn't  even a full week. But to say this guy is invested in the team right now is also BS. He probably  hates the team right now. He probably thinks he doesn't  deserve this and wants to show he can be better but he also knows that is less and less likely to happen as long as the team keeps winning and that looks pretty likely right now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Not everything just playing QB 

That picture was obviously cherry-picked, but his sideline presence was still lackluster. You lose the job, fine, be pissed, but show some emotion and support your team. Kid acted like he was just yelled at for the first time and was quietly seething in the corner. You're 22 with all the physical gifts in the world, 8 figures in the bank account, you 100% will be given a shot to start somewhere based on your arm and athletic ability alone, show some emotion. Maybe your teammates will like you instead of tolerate you.

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Karma is real and this is isnt a smart move by the “fans”

What the F are you guys TALKING about? Since when is JN a place where we kick guys when they're down? We've been building the BEST Jets board on the planet here ( thanks to Maxman and family) since the Soothsayer kicked the core of the best posters off of his JetsInsider site back in late 2004. Then Brenda started sending PMs out to certain Jets fans to join up here and we've been calling em like we see em since. 

I don't know maybe since JI shut down and all of you guys had nowhere else to go, maybe THAT'S the kind of fandom that has all this "bad karma" for being so mean. I swear yesterday all half of you guys were talking about was how "The Coin doesn't lie"  "The curse of the coin" It wasn't too hard to see right through how all of you Zach Wilson fans were really hoping that Mike White would fail. Guess what, he may still but I don't think that  if he does get hurt that Zach Wilson will be sprinting into the LR to put his pads on, it'll be Joe Flacco's team again.

The Jets PLAYERS don't like Zach Wilson. When guys are asking to be traded rather than having to PLAY with a guy-something is wrong 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jetsons said:

kicking people when they're down is not my thing.

then they may never get back up again.  nice and comfy down there if there is no motive to get off the floor.  he needs an ass kicking for once in his life.  time for the man child ZW to admit and commit.  

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

He may be getting drawn to the North ... Would crazy to see Zach up in NE against MW.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He's lucky he was playing for the Jets and NOT New England because he would have NEVER been given the starting job sight unseen going into 2022 TC. Belichick has been know to cut very high draft picks if they -well if they play the way Wilson has played. At this point the only way he'd even BE a Patriot would be after he was cut by the Jets and then both Pats QBs were hurt and Wilson was a FA

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

This. Anything can look bad out of context and in a single moment. For all we know he just turned away for a moment when this pic was taken.

With that said, while watching the game on tv Zach did indeed look grumpy/pouty quite s bit, pretty much every time the camera went to him. Gotta be hard for him, but I’d have liked to see more of him supporting his teammates. The game feed didn’t see much if any of that.

Agree with all this. Even if he is the huge douche so many suspect, yeah I still feel a little bad for him. That's gotta be rough having everyone on your team act like the weight of carrying your ass has just been lifted, like an enemy has been vanquished. Then to add insult to injury, he's got to be on that sideline, then on top of that, it all occurs at a home game as the first time he's benched -- to the point of making him totally inactive - after he was a nonstop national punchline from 30 min after last week's game ended.

I'd hate it if my humiliation was captured on video for 3 hours, and there was nothing I could do to change it (it's not like there's any chance he could've seen the field).

Tough to handle for anyone. Then it's harder still to imagine how I'd have handled it back when I was 22. FFS I couldn't even make my morning classes at 22. No, they weren't paying me $9MM to go to class, but the amount is irrelevant; it was still my future. A little pouty? Yeah big shoulder shrug from me. He was mostly crappy on the field & at a bad moment showed too much arrogance in an interview. It's not a capital crime. I give him a lot of slack here. In terms of player input, the what-to-do or how-to-help advice is going to come from the far more experienced Flacco anyway. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Why me? Why now? 

He got 2 yards in a half and he feels like it's an injustice that he got benched. They had 10 punts and he had 9 completions.

The guy isn't just a bad qb he's bad at grasping reality 

Chris Simms’ is hurting just as much as Zach Wilson. They were trying to get him off the podcast during the Jets segment. But he stayed and said he would be unbiased. He’s going to die on that hill. Essentially said the fans/media caused the team to make the switch. Now the players are happy which makes it tough to sit Mike White.

Maybe the fans and players are happy because we all can see that Zach Wilson sucks and sticking with him is asinine. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Chris Simms’ is hurting just as much as Zach Wilson. They were trying to get him off the podcast during the Jets segment. But he stayed and said he would be unbiased. He’s going to die on that hill. Essentially said the fans/media caused the team to make the switch. Now the players are happy which makes it tough to sit Mike White.

Maybe the fans and players are happy because we all can see that Zach Wilson sucks and sticking with him is asinine. 

I am sure Saleh polled all the fans and media before benching Zach. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wasn’t this one of the knocks on Zach at BYU and why he almost lost the starting job? That he was a sulky kid who wasn’t a natural leader? I recall Zach himself answering questions about it and admitting it was something he needs to work on.

I gotta be honest Tom, a few short weeks ago I was posting threads that said Zach Wilson is UNFIT to be a starting QB in the NFL. I still believe that to be the case, and I would be just as happy as I was when Geno Smith was Jettisoned from NJ, if they decide to send Zack out to Las Vegas to play for the Raiders or something,

I hope I never have to see him play QB for the New York Jets EVER. AGAIN.

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

I gotta be honest Tom, a few short weeks ago I was posting threads that said Zach Wilson is UNFIT to be a starting QB in the NFL. I still believe that to be the case, and I would be just as happy as I was when Geno Smith was Jettisoned from NJ, if they decide to send Zack out to Las Vegas to play for the Raiders or something,

I hope I never have to see him play QB for the New York Jets EVER. AGAIN.

I cannot imagine the scenario where Wilson gets on the field again this year, despite what Saleh says in his pressers. Who is the person inside the Jets building that’s in any rush to get Zach Wilson back on the field? Woody sees the back pages today. Douglas just watched a bunch of his draft picks become contributors yesterday. Saleh and LaFleur know the truth. Is there one person in the locker room who’s longing for more Zach Wilson? I honestly think we’ll see Streveler take snaps before we see Zach again this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I cannot imagine the scenario where Wilson gets on the field again this year, despite what Saleh says in his pressers. Who is the person inside the Jets building that’s in any rush to get Zach Wilson back on the field? Woody sees the back pages today. Douglas just watched a bunch of his draft picks become contributors yesterday. Saleh and LaFleur know the truth. Is there one person in the locker room who’s longing for more Zach Wilson? I honestly think we’ll see Streveler take snaps before we see Zach again this year.

White won’t lose the job but if he gets hurt it could necessitate wilson playing.