don't repeat history

kmnj

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

last year white came in and played great then he was thrown to the wolves and benched again

the jets have two tough games coming up-you cant pull him and go back to wilson-give white the rest of the season to see what he has-we know Wilson does not have the support of the team(yes I am not in the locker room but it is pretty apparent) White brings something to the team  that Wilson  does not besides better play-he is embraced by the team and it was WONDERFUL seeing Moore pumped up and Wilson showing he is a stud WR.  

I know Zach was a high first round pick as  was becton-terrible  picks but  at this point I dont care -Joe has assembled a solid roster that  can compete and now I have HOPE-please for the love of god dont go back to Zach if  White struggles some in the next two games

If White is not the guy(I hope he is ) then bring in a vet next year-dont waste 2-3 more years on Zach-we have been down the road already with Sam and Sanchez

Yesterday was the first time in a long time  I was like yes this  team can be fun to watch and good-I dont care that it was the bears-it was GREAT to see 

Times 1000

• Upvote 1

last year white came in and played great then he was thrown to the wolves and benched again
the jets have two tough games coming up-you cant pull him and go back to wilson-give white the rest of the season to see what he has-we know Wilson does not have the support of the team(yes I am not in the locker room but it is pretty apparent) White brings something to the team  that Wilson  does not besides better play-he is embraced by the team and it was WONDERFUL seeing Moore pumped up and Wilson showing he is a stud WR.  
I know Zach was a high first round pick as  was becton-terrible  picks but  at this point I dont care -Joe has assembled a solid roster that  can compete and now I have HOPE-please for the love of god dont go back to Zach if  White struggles some in the next two games
If White is not the guy(I hope he is ) then bring in a vet next year-dont waste 2-3 more years on Zach-we have been down the road already with Sam and Sanchez
Yesterday was the first time in a long time  I was like yes this  team can be fun to watch and good-I dont care that it was the bears-it was GREAT to see 

??? What ??? So you saying if against actual defenses the backup QB blows .. you stick with him during the race to the post season ????

Sorry .. no.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I think Zach issues are so bad right now that it is White's job to lose at this point. Right now making the playoffs is most important to those guys in the locker room so I don't see White getting benched at the first sign of trouble.

• Upvote 4

It's a different scenario where wins matter more this year, and they wanted Zack Wilson to get as much experience as he could.

Aside from a significant implosion, I think this is Mike White's team for the rest of the season unless he starts producing 77 yard, multi-pick games, and is costing us wins.

• Upvote 4

But… Zach blows even against not actual defenses.  There is no better option.  We at least know White is capable of running the offense we have.  Zach is not.
We will see in the upcoming weeks... MW has a chance to shock the world and become Trent Dilfer.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It's a different scenario where wins matter more this year, and they wanted Zack Wilson to get as much experience as he could.

Aside from a significant implosion, I think this is Mike White's team for the rest of the season unless he starts producing 77 yard, multi-pick games, and is costing us wins.

Even in that case - they probably go to Flacco.

As long as they're in the playoff hunt - Zach Wilson isn't playing.

Now, somehow they get eliminated, I can see them going back to Zach.  But, IMO, if these are meaningful games - Zach's not starting.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

??? What ??? So you saying if against actual defenses the backup QB blows .. you stick with him during the race to the post season ????

Sorry .. no.

the simple fact is white is better and has the support of the team-I let him have a chance the rest of the year-I am sure if you asked the players who they want to play with the answer would 100% be white

• Upvote 3

the simple fact is white is better and has the support of the team-I let him have a chance the rest of the year-I am sure if you asked the players who they want to play with the answer would 100% be white
I'd be down with that ... Coaches don't coach players because the like them ... They play whoever they think will get them the W.

If Mike White has 4-6 picks in the next two weeks ... The door is open for a late season Zach return.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

39 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Draft status and/or contract should not (absolutely can not) determine playing time to be successful as a Front Office and coaching staff.  

Zach was handed the job based solely on draft status, and has proven to be a horrendous miss step.  

Mike White has proven he can be average or better in extended playing time, and he should have been given a fair shake to earn the starting position.

That's said, he has bided his time, has been a good teammate, and he has earned the rest of the season.  IMO.

People want to point to the Bills game, and my rebuttal would be show me a game that any QB played well against them.  We are expected to believe a back up QB should have gone in and done better than every other QB that played them, really?  That is a strawman argument.

White us what thus team needs, and has needed.  Will he be a Trent Dilfer type QB or a Kurt Warner, or somewhere in the middle, but one thing is certain, he is what this team needs right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

White is a great fit for this offense and brings a lot to the table in the form of leadership, tempo, accuracy, and pocket presence.

That first throw to Moore and the second TD to Wilson show he is more than just a check down guy.  I actually see flashes of a calculated gunslinger at times.

Interceptions and staying healthy are the biggest question marks for me.  The first one at least is something he hopefully learned from.  It also doesn’t hurt to have a potential star in Garrett Wilson, competent TEs, and a running game — things he didn’t have last year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

White will eventually not look perfect. I want to see how he rebounds. Does it become a spiral? Or does he have a short memory snd the sack to make up for it?

Yeah he’s not gonna go for 300+ and 3 every week.

Nobody does.

But any “Jets fan” sh-tting on him today is just a pure hater.  I don’t know what else to say anymore.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

White will eventually not look perfect. I want to see how he rebounds. Does it become a spiral? Or does he have a short memory snd the sack to make up for it?

He’s a Dad now. If being a Dad teaches you anything it’s nobody cares if you had a bad day or good day today and see you tomorrow with your A game. You learn to follow your worse days with your best  days eventually or you go out for cigarettes and don’t go back. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Unsaid:  Will the staff give him the chance to rebound? 

Or will, at first less-than-stellar performance, he be benched for Flacco (seemingly loved by Saleh and Co.) or the return of Zach?

Mike White will have tough or poor performances.  It happens.  Buffalo-2021-type games happen.  If you pull the guy the second he has one, you'll never know what you really have.

I believe Mike White can be a starter in this league.  Believed it last year, and I still believe it.  I think he is the best QB on our roster.  You do not have games like 2021 Bengals and 2022 Bears if you're not a capable NFL-level QB.  I'd like to see him get the rest of this season, for better or worse (lets be honest, neither Flacco nor current-Zach are coming back to "save" the season at this point) to "see what we have" in Mike White, truly, and because IMO he gives us unquestionably the best chance to win on Sunday vs. the other QB's on our roster.

But I do not have faith that Coach Saleh sees it that way.  I fear he will yank White at first opportunity for one of the other two.  I truly wish we hadn't brought Flacco back, really.  At least then the staff wouldn't have that to always fall back on.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Or will, at first less-than-stellar performance, he be benched for Flacco (seemingly loved by Saleh and Co.) or the return of Zach?

Mike White will have tough or poor performances.  It happens.  Buffalo-2021-type games happen.  If you pull the guy the second he has one, you'll never know what you really have.

I believe Mike White can be a starter in this league.  Believed it last year, and I still believe it.  I think he is the best QB on our roster.  You do not have games like 2021 Bengals and 2022 Bears if you're not a capable NFL-level QB.  I'd like to see him get the rest of this season, for better or worse (lets be honest, neither Flacco nor current-Zach are coming back to "save" the season at this point) to "see what we have" in Mike White, truly, and because IMO he gives us unquestionably the best chance to win on Sunday vs. the other QB's on our roster.

But I do not have faith that Coach Saleh sees it that way.  I fear he will yank White at first opportunity for one of the other two.  I truly wish we hadn't brought Flacco back, really.  At least then the staff wouldn't have that to always fall back on.

I think White would need to have a couple really bad weeks in a row for that to happen.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

To qualm your fears slightly - I don't think there is any chance they yank White for Flacco going forward, unless Wilson is somehow unavailable. Remember, they demoted Flacoo to QB3 (behind White) before the first Pats game and Saleh explicitly said at that time that they wanted to be able to evaluate what they had in Mike White should Zach Wilson have to sit at some point going forward. 

I DO think there is a chance they could go back to Wilson prematurely after a bad Mike White performance - and that would be very unfair and a mistake. 

• Upvote 1

There is no way they should go back to Wilson this year, he looks done mentally. Let him sit and reset and compete next year. Mike White did exactly what he needed to do+ yesterday. He fit throws into tight windows was decisive and accurate, oh and he also climbed the pocket like it was second nature. I understand that it was against the Bears D but no one else has played as efficiently  as MW. Let’s hope it continues. I would rather see Flacco or Strev out there than Wilson, unfortunately he is fried.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I'd be down with that ... Coaches don't coach players because the like them ... They play whoever they think will get them the W.

If Mike White has 4-6 picks in the next two weeks ... The door is open for a late season Zach return.

There are no scenarios beside injuries to 3 QBs in which that loser should be on an NFL field.

• Post of the Week 1