So much Mike White Disrespect

kevinc855

You can actually help White, Wilson and the Jets all at the same time. 

Help Wilson by keeping him on the bench the rest of the year. There is absolutely no way that he can fix all of his issues in one or two weeks. There is a lot to be fixed on his mechanics and mentaility. Help him to elevate his game consistenly by having that extra time to do so. 

Help White by letting him develop in play: White is also a our player. White is also a young Jet player who deserves help, time, reps, and attention from the coaches to elevate his game. Keep him as the starting QB to find out if he has what is needed to be a competetent professional QB.

Help the Jets by making sure in whether we need to go QB shopping in the off season. If you help White, you help yourself to avoid wasting resources that could be allocated to other areas. 

45 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

If he did I'd be happy as hell Sal, I certainly wouldn't be posting stupid Sh!te about some coin hoping that he would lose. But I have to be honest I had reached a point with Zach Wilson's performance, or lack there of, on the football field where I could see he was hurting the team. Players were clearly disgusted being forced to run around all game (again) and never even seeing a ball close to them. For me it had devolved to the point where I said the only way to get him off the field, was for him had to get hurt. Not my shining moment in sports fandom. But for this lifelongJets fan, that's what it had spiraled down to. I'm glad it didn't happen and to my brethren here, I apologize for being a JERK.

Well guess what.  I’m not accepting your apology …. And would go so far as to call you a freaking jerk.

so there..

5 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Well guess what.  I’m not accepting your apology …. And would go so far as to call you a freaking jerk.

so there..

Excuse me while I go sulk on the other side of the bench because somebody who I have never read or noticed before just called me a bad name-I am very upset...ab.b..b..out... this in fact....I...am....cryi-n-gggg you MEANIE!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, football guy said:

I don't see how people think Mike White is being disrespected. I think he's being universally praised. 

It's not an insult to acknowledge that Mike White has his limitations. Our own coaches have vocally admitted that. By no means should that suggest he can't make the most out of his opportunity and be a long-term starting QB. Tom Brady was a limited who went on to become the best QB ever. Kurt Warner was limited and overlooked yet he went on to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. Add Matt Schaub, Matt Hasselbeck, Doug Flutie, Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon to the very long list of guys who went on to have success despite being unnoticed early on. In the same breath, there have been others who've had unreal production when they were awarded an opportunity to play, but were unable to sustain it long-term given their limitations. 

In 2013, Nick Foles threw 23 TDs to 2 INTs with 2645 yards while completing 64% of his passes across 10 starts (began the season as a backup). He had a game that year where he completed 22/28 passes and threw for 406 yards and 7 TDs with no turnovers. He was anointed the teams franchise QB the following year, yet the NFL picked up on his limitations and he crashed down to earth prior to getting injured, which gave way to Mark Sanchez. Our very own Mark Sanchez completed 64.1% of his passes (a career high) threw for 2418 yards, 14 TDs and 11 INTs across 8 starts. The Eagles would go on to trade Foles to the Rams, who made him their starting QB the following year. The experiment lasted less than a full season and he went on to become one of the best backup QBs ever, ultimately winning a Superbowl with the Eagles as the backup-turned-starter. The Bears traded for him, it didn't work out, and he's been bouncing around as a 2nd/3rd string QB since. 

In 2017, Case Keenum threw 22 TDs to 7 INTs with 3547 yards while completing 67.6% of his passes across 15 starts (began the season as a backup). He had a game that year where he completed 25/33 passes and threw for 369 yards and 3 TDs with no turnovers. The Vikings moved on from him the following year, he signed with the Broncos and it kind of unraveled on him. He has become a high end backup/spot starter ever since. 

The morale of the story: if you're a Jets fan, you should be thrilled with Mike White and what he's been able to do in 3 of his 4 starts. In a perfect world, he goes on to replicate the career arc of Kurt Warner, but it's also OK to be cautious and understand that typically "system" QBs with a limited skillset generally are not the types who go on to have sustainable success in the NFL; the players with the most talent who are able to put it all together tend to be the ones that do find that sustainable success. If he doesn't go on to be a long-term starting QB, it wouldn't be the first and most certainly be the last time a guy had stellar production in spots. Its not taking anything away from Mike White, rather acknowledging that there have been plenty of QBs who came out of nowhere and produced statistically, but were not able to sustain that production due to their lack of physical gifts. 

Do you have any inside info for us this year?  Any news about what happened with Zach?  Did his teammates complain to the coaches?