Jump to content

Buffalo vs NE


I Like Turtles
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 wild card spots, the contenders are jets, either miami or buffalo, NE, the loser of the cincy/Baltimore division and the chargers.  Buffalo plays ne 2x so there’s going to be losses.  Jets lost to both cincy and Baltimore, they play each other the last game of the year.  So there’s 5 teams vying for 3 wc spots.  I think 10 wins gets one, so the jets need to win both their remaining home games and one road game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the season ended today, we would be in the playoffs.  I hate the Patriots and they have the tie-breaker, but they close the season against Cincinnati. Miami and Buffalo.  If Buffalo loses to the Pats, they would be 0-3 in Division.

If the Pats knock off the Bills and we can find a way past the Vikings, that will be some match-up in Buffalo.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

3 wild card spots, the contenders are jets, either miami or buffalo, NE, the loser of the cincy/Baltimore division and the chargers.  Buffalo plays ne 2x so there’s going to be losses.  Jets lost to both cincy and Baltimore, they play each other the last game of the year.  So there’s 5 teams vying for 3 wc spots.  I think 10 wins gets one, so the jets need to win both their remaining home games and one road game. 

Odd to think that all four AFC East teams can go to the playoffs.  

I would LOVE one more crack at NE this year in the playoffs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, THE BARON said:

Odd to think that all four AFC East teams can go to the playoffs.  

I would LOVE one more crack at NE this year in the playoffs.  

Agree but i doubt it.  I think miami wins the division and may need to beat the jets the last game of the year to get it.  NE still hasn’t played buffalo so this thrusday’s game is huge.  I think cincy is better than Baltimore and will win the division, they play each other the last game of the season.  I can see Baltimore stumbling a bit more so than i can see cincy. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Agree but i doubt it.  I think miami wins the division and may need to beat the jets the last game of the year to get it.  NE still hasn’t played buffalo so this thrusday’s game is huge.  I think cincy is better than Baltimore and will win the division, they play each other the last game of the season.  I can see Baltimore stumbling a bit more so than i can see cincy. 

I would agree with all of this and I would give the Jets the advantage against any of the AFC east teams *if* Mike White can also complete passes against a good pass rush and defensive backfield.

The Jets problem all season has been the QB.   Until I see Mike White have a good game against a good defense, the Jets still have a QB problem and hence, will not beat good teams and will not make the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, I Like Turtles said:

Would you prefer the Bills win and put another game between the Jets and Pats in the playoff race or Pats win and the Jets get closer to a division title..

Good thread. Yes at this point the wildcard is the best bet so go Bills. Beat the Pats.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I would agree with all of this and I would give the Jets the advantage against any of the AFC east teams *if* Mike White can also complete passes against a good pass rush and defensive backfield.

The Jets problem all season has been the QB.   Until I see Mike White have a good game against a good defense, the Jets still have a QB problem and hence, will not beat good teams and will not make the playoffs. 

They need to win those 2 home games.  The game in Miami will have a ton of jet fans so that won’t feel like an away game.  If they can steal the 2nd buffalo game that would be just huge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Augustiniak said:

They need to win those 2 home games.  The game in Miami will have a ton of jet fans so that won’t feel like an away game.  If they can steal the 2nd buffalo game that would be just huge.

They can and probably will win both if White is not the third stringer that can't perform against a good pass rush.  Other than QB, the Jets have the best roster in the AFC east by a good clip.  Good coaching too.  

If White turns out to be fool's gold, the Jets wont make the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I Like Turtles said:

Would you prefer the Bills win and put another game between the Jets and Pats in the playoff race or Pats win and the Jets get closer to a division title..

I want the Patriots to lose, and to continue to lose again and again.  That's what I want.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I Like Turtles said:

Would you prefer the Bills win and put another game between the Jets and Pats in the playoff race or Pats win and the Jets get closer to a division title..

Pats have a more difficult schedule and are already trailing. You want Buff. to lose and give the Jets a chance to move up in the standings if they beat Minn. Remember- they have the tie breaker having beat the Bills in their first meeting (as of right now). It will also show one more chink in that Bills armor. 

I posted a separate thread about this but the Dolphins face the 49ers away and the Bengals host the Chiefs. If the Jets can beat Minn. on the road and the Pats beat the Bills, the Jets could very well jump to the 4 spot. They will also be atop the AFCE- (tied with Miami and Buff with the tiebreaker in their favor). 

So yeah, Minn. is a HUGE game for the Jets and we want the Bills to lose to the Pats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

 

Root against the Pats and Chargers every week. They are our competition for a playoff spot.

To win the division, we'd have to win almost every week anyway. So what other teams do won't matter.

this is the easy way to think about it.  Root against the Pats and Chargers.  

The chargers game last night was disappointing in that we could have gotten lots of separation from them for the last spot.

Root against Bengals outside of the Pats game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In this tight AFCE race...

Jets are 0-2 vs Pats...1-0 vs Bills...1-0 vs Dolphins.  So...  

If the Jets beat the Bills again...they have the tiebreaker on them.  Same goes for another Jets win against Miami.  But...if Pats beat Bills and Jets are tied with them...Jets lose on tiebreakers.  So...

I want the Bills to win. 

Then for the Jets to sack the sh!!t out of Allen-Tua.  Run and pass efficiently behind Mike White vs Bills-Dolphins.  And win the AFCE on tiebreakers. 

With the championship level defense Jets have blossomed into.  Plus the resurgence of Jets offense behind Mike White.  The above scenario I laid out... 

May not be easy...but it's doable.    

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...