Path to a division title: 6 games left

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

10 wins should get us into the playoffs. You’d have to figure the Lions and Jags home games should be wins. The other 4 road games will be tricky to get one or two. I think we can give Buffalo a good game again if our defense plays the same scheme. 

DBF2A013-7D25-4831-AED8-4289A438E938.jpeg

13-4 here we come

Although 12-5 is more likely... I have been saying this since before the season... Losing the pats games both of them I did not count on... Now they need to win out... 

Minn they match up well against... And same kinda goes for the rest of the non-division games... 

Honestly Buffalo and Miami are the 2 toughest games left... 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

13-4 here we come

Although 12-5 is more likely... I have been saying this since before the season... Losing the pats games both of them I did not count on... Now they need to win out... 

Minn they match up well against... And same kinda goes for the rest of the non-division games... 

If I were a betting man Id say 11 wins, maybe 10 at worst.   12+  a lot has to go right and I love our defense but we're not playing a bunch of cupcakes eitehr.

• Upvote 2

Against the jets defense in reality, what qb scares you... 

Josh Allen

Maybe Tua because of the supporting cast.. 

The rest are mediocre... 

Goff, Geno, cousins, and Lawrence... 

Yes they can be good but this defense is really quite good... 

Now look at defensive matchups... 

Bills are the only good defense left

They can win out

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

13-4 here we come

I don’t see us winning more than 6. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

If I were a betting man Id say 11 wins, maybe 10 at worst.   12+  a lot has to go right and I love our defense but we're not playing a bunch of cupcakes eitehr.

I am a betting man and I put decent money on the jets to win the division and for the pats to come in last place in the division +2200 and +450 respectively...

I already covered all the bets for the year on the over 6.5 wins at +135... So that's nice... Everything else is gravy... 

Breece hall would have made me a lot of money if he stayed healthy for 2 more games... I was heavy in 850 over rushing yards

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I am a betting man and I put decent money on the jets to win the division and for the pats to come in last place in the division +2200 and +450 respectively...

I already covered all the bets for the year on the over 6.5 wins at +135... So that's nice... Everything else is gravy... 

Breece hall would have made me a lot of money if he stayed healthy for 2 more games... I was heavy in 850 over rushing yards

Im like a kid whose finger still burns from the 2008 hot stove I touched.

To be 8-3 and end up 9-7 still burns my arse!!!

But yes... best Jets D since forever.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GreenReaper said:

Vikings = W

Bills = TBD

Lions = W

Jags = W

Seahawks = W (allowed Raiders to run for 283 yards last week)

Dolphins = TBD

The TBDs against the division rivals...will decide Jets fate in the AFCE.  And where they place in the playoff picture.

This is not easy.  But IMO...doable.

I kind of feel this way too, I think they match up really really well w/ all the team that remain.  Only team that is a little bit of a question mark is Miami w/ Tua.  Totally different team than what they faced the first time.  We know they can beat the Bills, and I just think they have the perfect formula to slow down the the out of division games.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

10 wins should get us into the playoffs. You’d have to figure the Lions and Jags home games should be wins. The other 4 road games will be tricky to get one or two. I think we can give Buffalo a good game again if our defense plays the same scheme. 

We already beat Miami and Buffalo, Min is winning with smoke and mirrors and Justin Jefferson. We can win every game there, AND we WILL be competitive in each one. We are 7-4, with our only 2 losses to NE where we were clearly the better team but Zach decided to forget how to play football. Our defense is SB caliber and it is still not at its peak. We beat Chicago easily Sunday -which we should have- but it just shows good we really are. I think we match up really well against all of these teams TBH. AND going into the Chicago game we played the weakest line up of pass defenses left in the entire NFL. Have faith.

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets will be favored for 2 of those games - 

And should be able to sneak out a split on the other 4.

11-6.  Probably not enough to win the division - but a great season - and have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

NE BUF and Miami play each other a LOT. Like 5 games. If we beat BUF and MIA we should win the division .

39 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Detroit, and Jax at home on a short week are both doable.

At Seattle is hard, but it's on 10 days rest, so that helps a little.

Buffalo, Vikings, and Dolphins are all very tough games, if they can get 1 of those three, I'd honestly be happy.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We already beat Miami and Buffalo, Min is winning with smoke and mirrors and Justin Jefferson. We can win every game there, AND we WILL be competitive in each one. We are 7-4, with our only 2 losses to NE where we were clearly the better team but Zach decided to forget how to play football. Our defense is SB caliber and it is still not at its peak. We beat Chicago easily Sunday -which we should have- but it just shows good we really are. I think we match up really well against all of these teams TBH. AND going into the Chicago game we played the weakest line up of pass defenses left in the entire NFL. Have faith.

Miami we beat with their 3rd string QB.

You could argue we played them with the 3rd best QB on the Jets roster. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

NE BUF and Miami play each other a LOT. Like 5 games. If we beat BUF and MIA we should win the division .

Jax, Detroit, Miami and Buff..

Yes, this is a division championship.  Gotta win both of those games to take the division though.  Certainly possible, considering we already beat both of those teams with Zach Wilson.

• Haha 1

Jags and Lions are outright "Must Wins".  Lose either, we don't make the postseason IMO.

Winning at least one more will be required as well, so we have to steal one from Minny, Buffalo, Miami or Seattle.

I don't see Miami, they're very good if Tua is playing.  Even vs. our Defense. 

Minny and Seattle should be close games/competitive.  Either could be Jets wins.  But Minny is at Minny, and Seattle is in Seattle.  Tough.

So Buffalo.  Beat them once in our house, but we're better this year on the road.  Presume bad weather/ice cold in Buffalo.  They're not as elite as we thought, but they're still very good.  Tough.

Ultimately, as good as we are, it's a tough rough IMO.  Not a lot of room left to drop one.  

If we beat Minny on Sunday, that will say ALOT IMO.

• Upvote 3