Path to a division title: 6 games left

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So no difference in your mind between Miami with Tua (the best QB in the NFL this year) and with Skyler Thompson, their #3?

Lol, such schtick.

I can't understand why you are so averse to accepting that the Jets are good.

I got some news for you.  They are. We should expect them to beat lesser teams (Lions, Jags) and it's reasonable to expect them to play .500 against other good teams. (MN, Seattle, Miami and Buffalo) especially considering we already beat two of them with the worst QB in football.

11 and 6....

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

10 wins should get us into the playoffs. You’d have to figure the Lions and Jags home games should be wins. The other 4 road games will be tricky to get one or two. I think we can give Buffalo a good game again if our defense plays the same scheme. 

DBF2A013-7D25-4831-AED8-4289A438E938.jpeg

I'll flip a coin for each game.

#RIPcoin

• Haha 1

I'm going with 4 wins against Detroit, Jacksonville, Seattle and Minnesota.  The Jets will harass Cousins like the Cowboys did. That leaves the Bills and the Dolphins.    Gets us to 11.  To win the division, they will need one more.  These are two teams with Super Bowl aspirations.  

They did beat the Dolphins and the Bills.  The Bills have the better defense but are vulnerable to the run and Josh Allen is more a threat with his legs.   We had trouble containing Allen on the run.   The Dolphin's game is about Sauce and DJ against Hill and Waddle.  It is beyond belief that I am even talking about this.  Our defense gives us a punchers chance.

I am going with 11 wins, 3rd place and a wildcard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

10 wins should get us into the playoffs. You’d have to figure the Lions and Jags home games should be wins. The other 4 road games will be tricky to get one or two. I think we can give Buffalo a good game again if our defense plays the same scheme. 

It's hard to get too high after the Chicago game (given who we beat), but 10 wins feels like a reasonable expectation for this team. 11 feels possible. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I can't understand why you are so averse to accepting that the Jets are good.

I got some news for you.  They are. We should expect them to beat lesser teams (Lions, Jags) and it's reasonable to expect them to play .500 against other good teams. (MN, Seattle, Miami and Buffalo) especially considering we already beat two of them with the worst QB in football.

11 and 6....

I have no problem with the idea that the Jets are good.

I'm just laughing at your clearly transparent schtick.  

Which is why you avoided, completely, answering if the Dolphins with Tua are just as easy as the Dolphins with their #3.

I look forward to your future "Zach went 5-2, White only went 4-3, Zach should clearly be the Starter in 2023" thread, lol

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Which is why you avoided, completely, answering if the Dolphins with Tua are just as easy as the Dolphins with their #3.

Sure. Tua is an upgrade - but so is Mike White. 

Is the Mike White upgrade over the current NY Jets #3 bigger than the Tua upgrade over their #3?

That's a good question - I would think it's probably about equal.  Considering the Jets won - I would say it's pretty reasonable to expect the Jets to win that game.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Next week.  I think we match up well against the Vikings.  They have a one man passing attack in Jefferson and a vicious running attack with Cook.    Sauce will take care of Jefferson and the rest of his mates will deal with Cook.  They lack depth at WR and have no tight end.  I think we will take away Jefferson and make them one dimensional.  I predict turnovers and an easy Jet win.

Bills.  I dread this matchup.  Last time the Bills were missing Greg Rousseau, Matt Milano, both Safeties and Tradavious White.  When they are at full strength, they are the best team in the NFL (until we prove otherwise).  This will be a playoff game and all out war.  Pick em.

Detroit.  They resemble some of the try hard - yet defective - teams that we used to field when the mirage was shining before the arrival of the tsunami of truth.  Alas for Detroit, we are firing on all cylinders and will blow them away.  They should have gotten the Lion for training camp.  Those WRs are not getting anything on Sauce and Reed.  Nor can they block us.   I predict an easy Jet win.

Jax.  Another team that is trying to repair all the damage from the last regime.  We are a fundamentally better team and our program has matured way ahead of schedule.  Like Detroit, we actually outclass them.  I predict an easy Jet win. 

Seattle.  A bad matchup for the Jets.  Like the Jets, the Seahawks just had a tremendous draft.  They added Cross at LT and Lucas at RT.  In a redraft, both go in the top 10 picks.  Lucas vaulting all the way from the 4th round.  Like our Johnson and Michael Clemens, they have tremendous pride in what they have done so far.  They will be out to prove they are the top rookies of 2022 and are in a position to do something about it.  Geno has been on fire and they have the wideouts to give us trouble.  I like our rookies better but this is  not a good matchup.  They have lit people up.  Pick em. 

Miami.  I am not scared of Miami.  They are scared of us.  If the playoffs come down to this game, we are in.  They cannot block our defensive line.  By the time this game arrives, I hope we have matured and they have imploded.  If not, it will be lots of fun.  We are just more solid throughout.  And we have answers for their skill players.   Jets win.

So I see a 4-2 finish at worst and could see us run the table as division winners if we get past Buffy.  Nobody wants to play us.   I actually think our defense was a bit off yesterday to begin the game because they were flummoxed to have a lead.  It confused them a bit. 

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Vikes: L

Beefalo: L

Det: W

Jax: W

Sea: W

Miami: L

Record. 10 - 6  with a very possible Wild Card

Division Winners.  Miami, Chiefs. Bengals, Titans.  (possible Bills instead of Miami

Wild Card Locks: Bills, Ravens (possible Miami if Beefalo wins the div)

Wild Card Chasers.  Jets, Chargers, Pats  (one wont make it and the Pats get the tie over the Jets)

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

Next week.  I think we match up well against the Vikings.  They have a one man passing attack in Jefferson and a vicious running attack with Cook.    Sauce will take care of Jefferson and the rest of his mates will deal with Cook.  They lack depth at WR and have no tight end.  I think we will take away Jefferson and make them one dimensional.  I predict turnovers and an easy Jet win.

Bills.  I dread this matchup.  Last time the Bills were missing Greg Rousseau, Matt Milano, both Safeties and Tradavious White.  When they are at full strength, they are the best team in the NFL (until we prove otherwise).  This will be a playoff game and all out war.  Pick em.

Detroit.  They resemble some of the try hard - yet defective - teams that we used to field when the mirage was shining before the arrival of the tsunami of truth.  Alas for Detroit, we are firing on all cylinders and will blow them away.  They should have gotten the Lion for training camp.  Those WRs are not getting anything on Sauce and Reed.  Nor can they block us.   I predict an easy Jet win.

Jax.  Another team that is trying to repair all the damage from the last regime.  We are a fundamentally better team and our program has matured way ahead of schedule.  Like Detroit, we actually outclass them.  I predict an easy Jet win. 

Seattle.  A bad matchup for the Jets.  Like the Jets, the Seahawks just had a tremendous draft.  They added Cross at LT and Lucas at RT.  In a redraft, both go in the top 10 picks.  Lucas vaulting all the way from the 4th round.  Like our Johnson and Michael Clemens, they have tremendous pride in what they have done so far.  They will be out to prove they are the top rookies of 2022 and are in a position to do something about it.  Geno has been on fire and they have the wideouts to give us trouble.  I like our rookies better but this is  not a good matchup.  They have lit people up.  Pick em. 

Miami.  I am not scared of Miami.  They are scared of us.  If the playoffs come down to this game, we are in.  They cannot block our defensive line.  By the time this game arrives, I hope we have matured and they have imploded.  If not, it will be lots of fun.  We are just more solid throughout.  And we have answers for their skill players.   Jets win.

So I see a 4-2 finish at worst and could see us run the table as division winners if we get past Buffy.  Nobody wants to play us.   I actually think our defense was a bit off yesterday to begin the game because they were flummoxed to have a lead.  It confused them a bit. 

“I am not scared of Miami. They are scared of us…”

The Munsters Smoking GIF

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

6-0.  Division winner.  Mike White wins the Super Bowl MVP.  So it is written, so it shall be done.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I am a betting man and I put decent money on the jets to win the division and for the pats to come in last place in the division +2200 and +450 respectively...

I already covered all the bets for the year on the over 6.5 wins at +135... So that's nice... Everything else is gravy... 

Breece hall would have made me a lot of money if he stayed healthy for 2 more games... I was heavy in 850 over rushing yards

I hit on the Jets and the over on wins as well, and hit on Garrett Wilson on the over for TDs at 3.5 (thank you Mike White), and would have assuredly hit on Breece and the over on rushing yards if he didn't get hurt. 

They have to beat Det and Jax.  Miami with Tua will be tough. Buffalo again will be tough.  Seattle and Minn are no pushovers; both will be tight games.

Minn this week is pretty damn huge on the road to 10-11 wins. Win that one, Det, and Jax, and things look good. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Lol.

Thank you!!!

Just having a bit of fun.

Seriously though - I do think this team can go 4-2 down the stretch...I really did like the way Mike White played.

If this defense is as good as we think it might be (which, in all seriousness, I'm not fully sold on) no reason we can't end up 11-6.

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We already beat Miami and Buffalo, Min is winning with smoke and mirrors and Justin Jefferson. We can win every game there, AND we WILL be competitive in each one. We are 7-4, with our only 2 losses to NE where we were clearly the better team but Zach decided to forget how to play football. Our defense is SB caliber and it is still not at its peak. We beat Chicago easily Sunday -which we should have- but it just shows good we really are. I think we match up really well against all of these teams TBH. AND going into the Chicago game we played the weakest line up of pass defenses left in the entire NFL. Have faith.

Johnny...do you think Miami will be different with Tua?

Not that we can’t win but it’s interesting how many folks are assuming we beat the Vikings. They’re 9-2.

4-2 guarantees playoffs, 3-3 might be a coin flip. 2-4 we’re out.

Obviously we need to win both remaining home games. 

Then you need to steal 2 of the remaining 4. I think it’s a tall ask to sweep the Bills or Dolphins.  This weekend is a big one… Seattle is a tough place to play for east coast teams.

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

F**k Yes! They'll lose their next three games. 49ers, Chargers, and Bills all on the road. 

And it looks like they won’t have Armstead or Austin Jackson for them. That could easily be 0-3, especially with their hamstrung defense

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Thank you!!!

Just having a bit of fun.

Seriously though - I do think this team can go 4-2 down the stretch...I really did like the way Mike White played.

If this defense is as good as we think it might be (which, in all seriousness, I'm not fully sold on) no reason we can't end up 11-6.

I truly hope we go 4-2 the rest of the way out.  That will mean finally, the postseason, for our Jets.

• Upvote 1

The Jets have top tier playoff defense. All they needed was someone to efficiently distribute the ball to all our playmakers on offense.

Mike White can be that guy.

This team now has the potential to not only make the playoffs but a deep run.

The list 6 teams we face are not looking forward to the matchup. We are no longer the doormat of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think at 10 wins we end up losing a tie breaker to the pats and bengals/ravens. The jets need 11 to make the playoffs 

For the Pats to get to 10 they'd need to win at least 2 of

Bills (x2)

Dolphins

Bengals

If they do that, at least it will help the Jets on the other end . . .

Since I’m a lot older than most here my days of predicting we are going to win the Super Bowl or our Division Title stopped a long time ago because I have endured so much losing in the past 50+ years of being a Jets fan.

At my age it would be such a huge accomplishment for us to just get back into the playoffs again even as a wild card! If we didn’t this year if we could just have our first winning season since 2015 (which was our only winning season in the past 12 yrs) I’ll even take that as a consolation prize. Remember this year was suppose to be another rebuilding year coming off our 2-14 season 2 yrs ago and our 4-13 season last year.

So far right now I’m just focused on next week against the Vikings. I’m hoping to see MW have a decent game and really hoping our defense can tackle a lot better than they did against the Bears . . . because it’s going to be tough to stop Cook from running all over us if we don’t.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

To make the playoffs the Jets have to win 3/5 of Seattle, Jax, Detroit, Bills, Dolphins. 

I think that is going to be very, very hard to do.  In the end it will come down to Zach Wilson losing that Patriots game. 

They’ll get to 10. They’re beating Jax and Detroit at home and will get one more on the road