Talking heads on Mike white & ZW

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I’m so confuse. Mike Whites a better quarterback but Zack Wilson is more talented?  When did talent and untapped potential become synonymous? 

Talent, I think, in this case refers to athletic gifts. A combine warrior sort of thing, or at least that's what I mean when I refer to the se thing

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Let me guess a whole host of morons who did not even know this guy existed are now pontificating that he is the real deal and will lead the jets to the promised land, oh and they knew it all along.

No they are basically saying that what we saw yesterday was likely a mirage and Zach is a more talented QB. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Thats fair but after watching Zach in 16+ starts and Mike White in 4 I think it’s a terrible misnomer. I think Mike White is a talented QB and Zach Wilson throws a really nice ball when not being rushed. 

Completely agree. I would absolutely call Mike White talented now, you don't have the success he has had through 4 starts without being talented.

• Upvote 3

Steven A Smith makes a decent point if these teammates loved Zach Wilson and respected him even a little, they wouldn't be super celebrating with Mike White in the fox interview point game 

the team looks way happier. Like a dark cloud has lifted. That locker room reacted like they never want Zach to start again. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Steven A Smith makes a decent point if these teammates loved Zach Wilson and respected him even a little, they wouldn't be super celebrating with Mike White in the fox interview point game 

the team looks way happier. Like a dark cloud has lifted. That locker room reacted like they never want Zach to start again. 

The players are happier b/c 1) they’re winning, 2) they’ve known for over a year that white should be starting and are genuinely happy for him, 3) it vindicates the wrs who have been complaining and want stats.  

I don’t think the team hates wilson, and many probably do like him.  But they know he shouldn’t be starting, and nobody likes to lose. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Dark side of the force and all. Anakin Wilson 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What was super evident is that very, very few of the people commenting on Mike White/Zach Wilson today actually watched Jets-Bears and were basing their opinions solely on the box scores. So much of the analysis was “Mike White threw for 315 yards and Zach Wilson only throws for X yards, so Robert Saleh has a decision to make!” Poppycock. Mike White isn’t some anodyne backup who got lucky throwing up a couple of go-balls against an unsuspecting defense. What White can do is sustainable. There’s no decision to make. 

And they probably haven't suffered watching Jet games this year with Wilson as the QB. 

• Haha 1

What was super evident is that very, very few of the people commenting on Mike White/Zach Wilson today actually watched Jets-Bears and were basing their opinions solely on the box scores. So much of the analysis was “Mike White threw for 315 yards and Zach Wilson only throws for X yards, so Robert Saleh has a decision to make!” Poppycock. Mike White isn’t some anodyne backup who got lucky throwing up a couple of go-balls against an unsuspecting defense. What White can do is sustainable. There’s no decision to make. 

Well said. The stats are great but what’s even better was watching him execute the offense. He’s so much better suited for this scheme than Wilson. He makes quick decisions but he’s not a one read guy if he doesn’t like the first read. He’s played well enough to earn a shot, and while it’s too early to proclaim him a FQB after 4 starts it’s also insane to write off what he’s done in those 4 starts. Let’s see what he can do but there is obvious reason for excitement here imo.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2